DVDVR Message Board

SUPER SHOW-DOWN II - June 7

RIPPA

It's hip to dump that match all on Goldberg, but he was visibly fucked up.  If he didn't get fucked up on the corner posting, he surely got fucked up from the Tombstone.  

• Like 2

Those Undertaker/Goldberg GIF's are sad to see. I wish Undertaker called it a day with his WrestleMania XXXIII main event losing to Roman Reigns as that post match leaving his gloves, coat and hat in the ring was perfect.

13 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Riddle's stoned enough to post that, but not so stoned that he's incapable of having second thoughts and taking it down. 

Riddle's a fucking idiot and always has been. Just remember, his wrestling career has been his fallback plan. He torpedoed his MMA career for a reason.

6 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I should actually point out that the crowd's reaction with kids crying and everyone going wild to Mansoor's win in the battle royal was an amazing moment and would probably be awesome to see a country backing one of their own like that...if that country wasn't Saudi Arabia.

It was a more wholesome followup to last year when Mansoor was one of the prospects who put the boots to some filthy Iranian heels.

Vince still has an audience for his vintage 1980s American-style jingoism and flag-waving babyfaces, brother!

3 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Riddle's a fucking idiot and always has been. Just remember, his wrestling career has been his fallback plan. He torpedoed his MMA career for a reason.

I don't know much about that but would be happy to be informed.

I just know Riddle as a hyper-talented wrestler who's fun to watch and super charismatic. But it wouldn't exactly shock me to learn he's a dipshit. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I don't know much about that but would be happy to be informed.

I just know Riddle as a hyper-talented wrestler who's fun to watch and super charismatic. But it wouldn't exactly shock me to learn he's a dipshit. 

Riddle had some drug testing issues for marijuana when that was still a thing and it cost him two victories when he would've been on a significant winning streak in the UFC. He later talked about having a medical prescription card for marijuana. 

He also did a radio interview where he said smoking marijuana helps keep him from beating his wife and kids. Granted, I don't think he should've been cut over that, but this came in the midst of him failing multiple drug tests after fights and getting his wins overturned so it was a bad look, especially when there are fighters with domestic assault or abuse issues, and it's an image the UFC is very leery about.

After that, he signed with Bellator MMA which was basically the No. 2 MMA promotion to UFC at the time, and I guess technically still is now. Here's more on the Bellator situation. 

https://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/bellator-releases-matt-riddle-from-contract-following-second-fight-withdrawal

My guess is that he didn't fill out his paperwork because of the marijuana issue and basically no showed a fight so he could avoid getting tested. 

Now granted, I think marijuana usage shouldn't be tested for out of competition if you're a pro MMA fighter, and my understanding is USADA does not. And if a fighter wants to make a case for a TUE for medical marijuana, I say go right ahead.

But I've always gotten the sense that Matt Riddle is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Those Undertaker/Goldberg GIF's are sad to see. I wish Undertaker called it a day with his WrestleMania XXXIII main event losing to Roman Reigns as that post match leaving his gloves, coat and hat in the ring was perfect.

WMXXX should have been the end. The streak was all he had left. Streak ends, no need to continue. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

In terms of wrestling I am 100 times more offended that we are getting Rollins vs Baron Corbin at the next PPV.  Seriously what the fuck

Taker vs Goldberg was just terrible but also extremely entertaining.  Way more than his Triple H matches there where it was going 20-30 minutes whether there is a broken body part of not.  Lots of accidentally shooting with that vicious tombstone and even more dangerous jackhammer.   Also nice to see Goldberg going to the Shane McMahon school of MMA with whatever that leg/knee/ankle lock was.  

I know that it was legit 95% in the ring but when are we going to get to the point when we worry that Shane is going to die in the ring.  Hell given how red face and sweaty he gets before the match he may drop dead when the bell hits.  

Loved the Singh brothers basically crowd surfing there way to the first 2 eliminations.  Of course it wouldn't be a Singh match if one of them lands right on their neck.  Disappointed by the lack of 24/7 title opportunities in the match.  Hell I am not sure if R-Truth there was so many people there.   Also more Authors of Pain vs Viking Raiders please

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

WMXXX should have been the end. The streak was all he had left. Streak ends, no need to continue. 

I agree with this one hundred percent! It's sad to say it, but it really feels like he has lost the mystique.

• Like 1

Just now, #BlueJustice said:

I agree with this one hundred percent! It's sad to say it, but it really feels like he has lost the mystique.

Watching clips of him not being able to do his basic shit is both funny and sad.