DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

16 hours ago, AxB said:

I wasn't saying anything about money, I was talking about art. Ideally, the promotion that paid the most money would also be the one that produced the best product, but that's not the case, is it? Lowest Common Denominator for the big money shows. If you take a guy who was having four star matches on the indies, spend months teaching him how to wrestle 'better', and afterwards he's improved to where he now tops out at two and a half stars maximum, that's not a positive development in my book. Notwithstanding some indie guys did end up getting the leeway to have good WWE matches eventually, but not all of them.

But what I'm saying is, as a Wrestling fan, would you rather watch a series of Austin Aries matches from WWE, or a series of Austin Aries matches from ROH & Impact? Would you rather watch Seth Rollins matches or Tyler Black matches? Jon Moxley matches or Dean Ambrose matches? That's what I'm getting at.

Art is subjective. You have the right to like whatever you want and I support that. The snark towards other forms of "the art" is unnecessary and tired, though.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I would rather watch Seth Rollins than Tyler Black, and I would definitely rather watch NXT Kyle O'Reilly than the store brand Davey Richards version of Kyle O'Reilly from the indies.

I would say this for Undisputed ERA entirely.

Cole, Fish, Strong and O'Reilly to me are much better in NXT than they were on the indys.

27 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

mongo-gets-creamed.gif?w=650 

Mongo was so bad-ass then. Gets hardway juice from the briefcase shot and doesn't even sell it in his postmatch promo because he's SO DAMNED ANGRY while the hard camera zooms out to Jupiter.

2 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

I would rather watch Seth Rollins than Tyler Black, and I would definitely rather watch NXT Kyle O'Reilly than the store brand Davey Richards version of Kyle O'Reilly from the indies.

Kyle's improvement began teaming with Bobby Fish. NXT has brought Kyle's personality out for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Cole, Fish, Strong and O'Reilly to me are much better in NXT than they were on the indys.

I think they're better as a whole than individually. I've always liked Roderick as part of a group better than on his own, going back to Generation Next. I thought his fratboy jock personality shined during his run as the leader of the No Remorse Corps. I definitely like Fish and O'Reilly better as ReDRagon and with the UE. Cole doesn't necessarily need to be part of a group, but it doesn't hurt him either. 

12 hours ago, Edwin said:

They are exactly the same from their time in ROH. Except Roderick was a million times better as the heel ace of PWG. Kyle was mugging it up as a stooging heel and then fun babyface near the end of the ReDragon run in ROH before his last big singles push. They've changed nothing except for place.