DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-30-13

MGFanJay

I need to point out that it was pretty damn low budget of WWE to have RVD show his highlights off a youtube page. That's some bush league shit I expect out of an indy that can't afford an actual highlights package or modern day ROH.

They were promoting the YouTube channel. They did the same thing with Kofi... 

I need to point out that it was pretty damn low budget of WWE to have RVD show his highlights off a youtube page. That's some bush league shit I expect out of an indy that can't afford an actual highlights package or modern day ROH.

Except it was a gimmick they were pushing throughout the show to hype their YouTube Channel. Your name is appropriate here.
  • Like 1

The goal was to send traffic to their youtube page I am sure.

Did they do anything on the show to say that the main event at the PPV will have a finish that stands? Seems like it would hurt buys if not.

They couldn't have promoted it without having the video window at the smallest setting?

I love how week in week out the apparently go to Paul Heyman just before the show and say:

"Hey, Paul...look, we need you to do thirty minutes.  What?  No, no match...just walk out there and do something for a half hour or so.  I don't know, take Ryback or someone with you."

And every time he comes up with something funny and entertaining.  Given literally nothing of an angle and nothing to work with, he just creates fun.

• Like 10

They couldn't have promoted it without having the video window at the smallest setting?

Maybe they tried full screen but it was too choppy

• Like 3

I, for one, am eagerly awaiting FSW's outrage at HHH smarky insider digs at Dusty about Florida, NWA, and old gimmicks no one remembers.Because, he HAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTEEEEEEESSSSSSS that stuff, right?

Did any of it bury any active competitors?So its not the the same as calling Brodus a bojangles act and Bryan a pandering idiot? Good stuff.Ironic that Bryan's pandering act has made him a hundred times bigger than Punk ever was.

I thought Brie was actually pretty good, and it does allow the angle to get more personal.  And I guess it ties the AJ vs. Total Divas storyline in with the main story, so...  yeah.

But where was she when he was mauled by 4-5 people at a time? All of a sudden she's concerned while it's one-on-one?

If you want moral support, you gotta put a ring on it.

Anyway, it looks like it's MNF for me until this Komen shit is over.

Ironic that Bryan's pandering act has made him a hundred times bigger than Punk ever was.

He isn't bigger. Both of them hit the apex of wrestling stardom. They both won Meltzer's poll on who is the bigger star over the Rock.

• Like 3

I, for one, am eagerly awaiting FSW's outrage at HHH smarky insider digs at Dusty about Florida, NWA, and old gimmicks no one remembers.Because, he HAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTEEEEEEESSSSSSS that stuff, right?

Did any of it bury any active competitors?So its not the the same as calling Brodus a bojangles act and Bryan a pandering idiot? Good stuff.Ironic that Bryan's pandering act has made him a hundred times bigger than Punk ever was.

Unflinching.  Irrepressible.

I salute you, sir.

• Like 1

Ironic that Bryan's pandering act has made him a hundred times bigger than Punk ever was.

They both won Meltzer's poll on who is the bigger star over the Rock.

Yeah.  Take that, Dwayne Johnson.  How does it feel?

• Like 1

Paul Lazenby (who lost his wife to breast cancer) has always been pretty critical of Susan G Komen and says it's just something big companies use to make themselves feel better and SGM is more about making money than spreading awareness (and, really, who doesn't know about breast cancer at this point?)

Considering only like 10% of donations to them end up getting spent on actual cancer research it's hard to argue.