DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NCAAF: WEEK 11

Dolfan in NYC

Well, Alabama kicked the unholy shit out of LSU, so I guess that's a pretty good indication on where this season is going.  

I wonder if the Nick Saban statue will be made of solid gold or platinum. And will it be the History or Political Science Department that will be eliminated in order to fund it...  ?

RANKINGZ~

#1 0*BRAIvA2RRZoxGC4E.gif

#2 latest?cb=20150605192926

#3 giphy.gif

#4 SecretFrigidFruitfly-size_restricted.gif

#5 tenor.gif

I will be on a cruise next week, so you nerds get Rankingz from @Pete next week. 

• Like 1

Boy, more and more it's feeling like ND is about to get blown out by Alabama again in the National Championship.

Who am I kidding, ND will slip up along the way. I thought that would be against Pitt or Northwestern, but given the rest of their schedule, they're bound to sleep on Florida State, Syracuse, or USC. 

The one real nightmare scenario for the committee is Michigan, ND, and Clemson winning out, and Georgia upsetting Bama in a close game. You'd have five teams that would all be pretty damn deserving.

If Georgia upsets Bama that late, I don't think you can include them. If you look at the season like a long tournament as is with the end being a final four, then you shouldn't insert the #1 seed into the final four when they lose at the very end. Just my opinion. It's probably not a good one.

I'm biased, but I wouldn't mind seeing ND vs Michigan for the NC. It would be pretty cool that the first year they resume playing each other they wind up playing each other twice, the second time being for the championship.

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

The one real nightmare scenario for the committee is Michigan, ND, and Clemson winning out, and Georgia upsetting Bama in a close game. You'd have five teams that would all be pretty damn deserving.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

If Georgia upsets Bama that late, I don't think you can include them. If you look at the season like a long tournament as is with the end being a final four, then you shouldn't insert the #1 seed into the final four when they lose at the very end. Just my opinion. It's probably not a good one.

I'm biased, but I wouldn't mind seeing ND vs Michigan for the NC. It would be pretty cool that the first year they resume playing each other they wind up playing each other twice, the second time being for the championship.

If Fowler's nightmare scenario comes to pass, either Georgia or Bama gets left out, IMHO.  In that scenario, Georgia would have the worst loss - by 20 to a 2+ loss LSU team.  Michigan's only loss would be a 7-pt loss in week 1 to an undefeated playoff team which trumps Georgia.  That leaves Bama to leave out.  So either Bama or Georgia and, under that scenario, I think you gotta leave Bama at home since they'll have just lost to Georgia.  You can't take Alabama over the team that beat them, IMHO.  I think what actually would happen is that Michigan or Notre Dame gets left out, most likely Michigan due to head-to-head.

I like how Craig thinks - I would love to see a rematch of Michigan and Notre Dame.  Neither team is close to what they were in week 1 now.

17 hours ago, APO said:

Joel Klatt was on Twitter dunking on UCF the other day and the saltiness from both sides had me in tears.

I have no idea who the hell Joel Klatt is, but please tweet at him that Army is the REAL national champion. 

20 hours ago, Craig H said:

Yeah, don't worry about that...

Somebody wrote an article last week hoping Michigan jumps ND because they are the only team that night be able to beat Clemson and prevent another Bama-Clemson game. Even as a biased Michigan fan, I have my doubts.

I think Michigan/Bama would look a lot like LSU/Bama did. Michigan's defense is probably good enough to at least make Bama's offense work, but I'm not sure they'll accomplish much on the other side. 

Bama getting the Heisman QB really kinda breaks college football.