DVDVR Message Board

Guest The Magnificent 7

Okay, I am in early November. I am ninth in my table with Leeds, and here is my starting 11 followed by the rest of my roster. This showed me that I probably need to do some roster trimming to free up funds.

GK: P. Kenny

RB: S. Byram

RCB: T. Lees

LCB: J. Pearce

LB: S. Warnock

RCM: P Green

CM: R Austin

LCM: L. Murphy

CAM: R. Majewski

RS: R. McCormack

LS:E. Diouf

L. Peltier

M. Tonge

S. Wootton

N. Hunt

L. Varney

A. White

D. Poleon

M. Smith

A. Drury

D. Norris

R. Hall

C. Dawson

A. Cairns

Z. Thompson

S. Lenighan

J. Ashdown

R. Killock

M. Brown

Y. Arquin

D. Pugh

C. Taylor

After posting my roster, I noticed that I have a lot of expiring contracts heading into the new year, which should be good and a couple of retirements.

The one that has me really worried is the retirement of my goalkeeper, which I may go ahead and try to resolve with the June Transfer period.

I also will look at trying to sell off guys for whatever I can get that are at least third on my own depth chart and have little chance of seeing playtime.

Mags, are you simming any games or are you playing all of them? I have played all of them up to this point, but I am wondering if I should sim a few just to speed up the length of the season.

Guest The Magnificent 7

After posting my roster, I noticed that I have a lot of expiring contracts heading into the new year, which should be good and a couple of retirements.

The one that has me really worried is the retirement of my goalkeeper, which I may go ahead and try to resolve with the June Transfer period.

I also will look at trying to sell off guys for whatever I can get that are at least third on my own depth chart and have little chance of seeing playtime.

Mags, are you simming any games or are you playing all of them? I have played all of them up to this point, but I am wondering if I should sim a few just to speed up the length of the season.

I played all of them.  But it's just because I cared about LeFondre and McCormack's goals tally and I wanted to "earn" promotion.  

Try playing Luke Murphy through the middle.  I made him my CDM (I played a diamond wide 442 I think) and he was far better in that position.  I generally sold off most guys over 32 years of age to get some cash in to make some moves for some impact players.  Hunt and Aiden White should get you some cash also.  White was a decent player in my team but once he started making noises about leaving / turning down a contract extension I get rid of dudes who don't want to be there who aren't match winners.

I played all of them.  But it's just because I cared about LeFondre and McCormack's goals tally and I wanted to "earn" promotion.  

Try playing Luke Murphy through the middle.  I made him my CDM (I played a diamond wide 442 I think) and he was far better in that position.  I generally sold off most guys over 32 years of age to get some cash in to make some moves for some impact players.  Hunt and Aiden White should get you some cash also.  White was a decent player in my team but once he started making noises about leaving / turning down a contract extension I get rid of dudes who don't want to be there who aren't match winners.

I appreciate the pointers. I also noticed that I had a striker on loan, who I do not remember placing on loan. He is now a 71 overall, which either suggests that I was not paying attention, or he improved by playing elsewhere.

I'll have to look at who exactly that was when I get home. I had a rough stretch where I would either draw or would get outright beat. I worked through fixing it and moved from toward the back end of the table to the ninth position. I think I am a few wins away from getting into the "green" area; however, I think the team at the top of the table has a large margin on everyone. Thankfully, we are still early in this season.

Guest The Magnificent 7

That striker may be Steve Morrison.  He's good in the air and very strong, but slow and not too good with the ball.  If you play on the wings and cross a lot he may be someone to recall from loan.  Will score headers.

My about to be 7 year old nephew wants a baseball game for the PS3

Which of the series (I seem to remember there being competing games - Show and another one) was the one was more "arcadey"?

He doesn't car about teams/players just that it is baseball... thus I can somewhat ignore the quality of the actual game.

Well, last year was the final year of MLB 2K, but I never liked that series, so The Show seems like the only option.

I am just not sure if The Show is a game that a seven year old would enjoy since it's kind of difficult.

I think I might just end up trying to find that Little League World Series game from a few years ago.

Or wasnt there some sort of Backyard Hero game dealie

Isn't there a new edition of RBI Baseball available on PSN?

Yes - though that is kinda tough to give as gift (Yes - I know gift card etc... more a "family issue" if you will)

Funny moment from the World Series Of Poker (down to less than 40 players)

Let's Talk Some Football Manager
Posted 1 hour and 45 minutes ago Happy_Freaked • Level 29: 50,000-100,000, 10,000 ante 
b5952a3b99d.jpgAndoni Larrabe, sporting his Athletic Bilbao jersey underneath his hoodie

"Is that Madrid or Bilbao?" Craig McCorkell just asked Andoni Larrabe, after he just got moved to this table.

"Athletic Bilbao," Larrabe proudly responded, as he's been supporting his Primera Division club all day.

"Are you Basque?" McCorkell continued.

"Yes, and where are you from?" Larrabe asked.

"I'm from London," McCorkell responded.

"How do you know Athletic?" Larrabe asked next.

"I played a season with them on Football Manager," McCorkell said, as Felix Stephensen's ears perked up.

"How did you do?" a very surprising Larrab responded.

"I was so s*** with them," McCorkell laughed.

"What a great topic!" Stephensen chimed in, as the Europeans at the table had a very casually chat about their favorite sport and video games.

After the remaining players made a big pay jump to $230,487 the atmosphere in the room seems to have taken a turn to the lighter side, because for now this secondary feature table is very much focused on sharing some good old Football Manager stories.

• Like 1

Playing MLB The Show 14 on PS4. All I've done is Road to the Show thus far because I skipped over that feature over the last couple years. I'm really enjoying it...except for when I pump up my players stats and then all of a sudden he goes from being an OPS machine, cracking doubles and homers at will, to having warning track power at best. The last time I played RttS this happened where my player's performance dips after boosting his stats. My theory is that it has something to do with Contact and/or Power being out of alignment with Vision, Discipline and Clutch.

Anyway, I was initially drafted in the second round by the Mariners, but I chose to return to school to play another year. Then I played like shit in the college All Star Game thing, and so I wound up being drafted in the sixth round by the Pirates. I played two months at AA and crushed it. I was then brought up to the bigs and continued mashing until just recently. I've cooled off some, but I'm still hitting around .330 and my OPS is at 1.2xx. I would really like to get traded to a better team, but that isn't going to happen. I'll pretty much need to wait to hit free agency.

No matter how I pump my stats up in NBA 2k14, I still fucking suck at it. I haven't cracked a C+ in any game on MyPlayer.

Set picks.  Lots and lots of picks.

Don't spam the 'A' or 'X' button (not sure which console) during cut scenes. You will get punished for it.

which is the best UFC and/or boxing game to get for PS3?

I was gonna pick up the UFC game that has PRIDE rules on it simply for that reason but wasn't sure if it held up. As for boxing I know Fight Night is pretty much the only thing on the market and the story mode almost always sucks so which is the best of the worst haha?