DVDVR Message Board

Guest The Magnificent 7

I struggled to enjoy their basketball game. It felt like a decent start to a good game but not quite polished or finished to make for a good experience, like OOTP's hockey game on a much smaller scale.

Anyway, the GDS one is a college football game. It's pretty darn old and still costs $30 but there is a demo.

Here's the link to the forum for OOTP's football game, Beyond the Sideline (cheesy title!).

Ah, I also should've mentioned that Adam Ryland's game this year over at GDS is World of Mixed Martial Arts 4. While I would've preferred a new TEW, I think the WMMA games are more accessible to new users and it's easier to lose oneself in a long-term game as there isn't as much micro management. There's a developer diary that lists many of the new features here. Demo is out December 2nd, full game December 9th. Looks pretty good if not a bit unspectacular in the announced features.

Regarding OOTP Baseball, I don't care for it all that much. My biggest complaint remains the same, which is that the farm system and anything associated with it is broken. I actually think MLB The Show is a better baseball sim, which also gives you the option of actually playing out the baseball games.

• Like 1

I've gotten the itching to play Madden 15 since I haven't touched it in awhile.

The game has issues downloading and authenticating its own rosters, and I can't seem to connect to one game.

The one I did last night was super laggy, and I had to overcome that to win.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Well, I've finally made the transition from Get off My Lawn Old Man to shot-sticking it up in an NHL game.  Yes, it's taken me these many years to finally do it. I feel like there should be some sort of fanfare.  I've bitched about these newfangled controls these Millennial pussies have been using all these years.  Right stick my ass. Back in my day we had 3 buttons, and we knew how to use them!  Well sorry, fellow old guys, I've betrayed you.  I actually like them now.

I've graduated...

Wal Mart has FIFA, Madden, NBA, and a couple of other games on the Next Gen consoles for $29.99 today.

I snagged FIFA at lunch. I'm waiting until Black Friday to decide on NBA because I'm supposed to be shopping for my wedding band tomorrow.

I made myself as goofy looking as possible and my guy talked like Channing Tatum in Coach Carter. Soooo funny. Channing FRYE became my first year mentor on the Magic. I quickly got out of Orlando ASAP, joining the Mavs in the first year of free agency. For whatever reason, Doc Rivers becomes your coach in year 2 and he's not very good at reading lines and making it sound like he's not reading his lines. "I am... very excited... to be here!"

I was excited to play WWE's career mode only to find out it's just a plain, vanilla imitation and we'll likely get the good shit with voice acting next year. 

I really liked NBA 2K last year, but my time is really splintered to begin with... plus, I am trying to do less impulse shopping.

That's why I decided to only get one game because I need to see how much a dent my future wedding ring is going to put into my budget.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Controllers are about to be broken on this NHL 15 shit.  What's the fucking point of a poke check if you get a tripping penalty every fucking time you are on the side or behind, and if you are in front you knock the puck away but they magnetize that motherfucking puck back on their stick. 

Lost 3 straight games 2-3, 1-4, and then 3-4 all on the road.  Rangers are currently sitting 10th in the East. 

Controllers are about to be broken on this NHL 15 shit. What's the fucking point of a poke check if you get a tripping penalty every fucking time you are on the side or behind, and if you are in front you knock the puck away but they magnetize that motherfucking puck back on their stick.

LOL. That's been a staple feature of the NHL series since 1991.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Nah, nowhere near this stuff on '95, for example.  If you poke check successfully the puck actually goes somewhere other than right back to where the dude's stick was. 

Nah, nowhere near this stuff on '95, for example.  If you poke check successfully the puck actually goes somewhere other than right back to where the dude's stick was. 

I meant the tripping part.  When I was in college, we called the poke check button the tripping button.

And.... my American Premier League mod is released for Football Manager 2015:

This is a "Fantasy America" mod that replaces the byzantine and complicated MLS contract setup with a more "standard", 3 league, 64 team system with promotion and relegation.

20 Team Premier League. All 18 surviving MLS teams, plus Orlando City and New York City FC (Debuting in 2015 in real life)
24 Team First Division (Includes a rebranded Chivas USA as LA Football Club)
20 Team Challenge Division

The Premier League has full prize money, the First Division has limited prize money, and "money as you play", and the Challenge Divsion is strictly results based.

Known Details:
A) Many Teams do not have managers.
B )  A couple teams do not have listed Stadiums
C) A lot of teams do not have players (Workaround: Add players to clubs in pregame setup)
D) Money will probably need balancing.

(I'm testing the 0.1.5 version now, which will add: Squad Size Limits (30 for the top two divisions, 25 for challenge division) and max foreign player limits (20/15/10) to keep it from being an all-foreigners league)

edit:

Upcoming 0.2 Changelog (Estimated Release Date 5 December 14)

Many Lower Division teams updated from Amateur to Semi-Professional status, and received slight reputation bumps as a result
Money Slightly Balanced, more work will need to happen
Squad Size Limits are in effect

American Premier League: 30 Man Roster, Max 20 Foreign Players)
American First Division: 30 Man Roster, Max 15 Foreign Players
American Challenge Division: 25 Man Roster, Max 10 Foreign Players

Los Angeles FC Scheduled to get new stadium in 2017

Bugfixes (Most important, playoffs are now 2 legs home and away, and Cups have been assigned a permanent home to avoid being played at small facilities)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I personally don't have interest in getting NBA 2K15, but I have to say this is one of the nicest stories I've read about a game.  Good for all involved.  (sorry if it's old news)

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/12/17/2ks-inclusion-of-isaiah-austin-in-nba-2k15-is-the-classiest-gaming-moment-of-2014/123999/

Any word on the coming year's version of "MLB THE SHOW"?!!!

I've yet to buy a new gen system but this game itself will probably be the deciding factor...and what an off season it has been already. Anyways I hope they add some new touches to the single player version of making it to the Bigs.

Any news/Info would be awesome,

I personally don't have interest in getting NBA 2K15, but I have to say this is one of the nicest stories I've read about a game.  Good for all involved.  (sorry if it's old news)

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/12/17/2ks-inclusion-of-isaiah-austin-in-nba-2k15-is-the-classiest-gaming-moment-of-2014/123999/

Yeah, I thought that was hella cool, and they hooked him up with some decent stats.  Super cool move by 2K.