DVDVR Message Board
Dolfan in NYC

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

On 2/15/2019 at 6:51 PM, AxB said:

Well, it's the Rocket Racoon thing isn't it? Hopefully somewhere in Endgame ('s deleted scenes) there's a bit where Rocket meets some actual terrestrial Racoons and freaks out that they can't talk.

Is he called Goose now because of Top Gun? Presumably someone in the cast is voice acting the cat. Might be Val Kilmer.

If you're going to have the cat talk and call him Goose, then he needs to be voiced by Anthony Edwards.

Kevin Feige was interviewed by Hollywood Reporter about Black Panther including that line:

At what point did you realize that this movie was going to attract a community that has historically been underserved in this genre?

It was in those early discussions that we had with Ryan, that he had with Nate Moore, our executive producer at Marvel who brought him in to meet with us. And that amazing line, that he and his co-writer, Joe Robert Cole, wrote for Killmonger (Michael B. Jordan) as he lay dying outside the vibranium mines looking over Wakanda. T'Challa says, "I can try to heal you," and he says, "Why, so you can lock me up? Just bury me in the ocean with my ancestors who jumped ships, 'cause they knew death was better than bondage." That was in the first draft. It was one of the best lines we ever read. We said, "There are going to be a lot of revisions, but don't touch that line." And Ryan said, "That's the line I thought you'd tell me to cut." And we said, "On the contrary, keep it and build more of the movie around it."

That's up there for the best dialogue in the MCU.

• Like 7

We just re-watched Black Panther last week because my daughter likes it quite a bit and man does that line still sting.

On 2/15/2019 at 3:51 PM, AxB said:

Well, it's the Rocket Racoon thing isn't it? Hopefully somewhere in Endgame ('s deleted scenes) there's a bit where Rocket meets some actual terrestrial Racoons and freaks out that they can't talk.

Is he called Goose now because of Top Gun? Presumably someone in the cast is voice acting the cat. Might be Val Kilmer.

Val Kilmer can't speak very well anymore.