DVDVR Message Board

Game Deals and Subscriptions 2017... err... 2018 now

I'm still getting irked at PS3 getting low end stuff while X360 is getting AAA-subAAA level stuff.  I mean, perhaps I'm spoiled from pre PS4 days when PS3 were getting a AAA a month, but shit.

3 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Seeing animals fight makes me feel sad :(

Good news!  Half the characters are herbivores, so you just have to find plants and water for them.

...and, you know, try not to get eaten by other animals >_>

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone is enjoying Prime Day. For those still waiting for a good deal to get an XBox, they have a package for an XBOX One S 500 GB with the Play and Charge Kit, Two Wireless Controllers, Recore, Halo 5, and Forza Motorsport 6 for $240. Deals like this is another reason why I think the XBOX One X is going to be such a hard sell, so many good bundles.

If I knew what new games I wanted to play on that I might bite on that sale, that's too good to pass up.  As it is I'm more likely to see what 360 games I have that are compatible and just use it for that.

Super Motherload is also cross buy to PS4 IIRC. it's perfectly acceptable Boulder Dash but I wouldn't pay more than $2 for it. And hey, a AAA PS4 game. Been a while since the last one. Everyone buzzed over Down well on mobile but I don't know how well it will translate to a console experience for those without Vita.

Current Humble Bundle is the Saints Row series (sans 1), along with the Homefronts and Might No 9, and if you drop 75, you also preorder Saints Row 5- I mean Agents of Mayhem.

I guess this is the best place for it.

As of August 31st PS+ is increasing in price in Europe (and anywhere else that falls under SIEE). The pound price will increase from £39.99 to £49.99 a year and the euro price will go to 59.99. Anyone falling under those areas might want to grab a years subscription under the old price while it's still available. Some places that had it discounted have already put there prices up a bit. It's the second increase we've had in 2 years although the last one just affected the monthly prices not the yearly price.

To be fair the past 3 months of games has been a huge improvement over what we've had in the past. It will be curios to see if they keep that up now Europe have had two increases, and one in the US, all in the past couple of years.

I missed  this because Twitch  Prime Loot is IMO not well publicized, but through tomorrow if you have a Twitch account and an Amazon Prime account linked, you can get Day of the Tentacle Remastered for free.

Second month of PS4 games on PS Now is less than inspiring; the first batch of 20 woulda been fine if not for the fact that I owned over half of them. Glad I'm on the yearly plan, as anything over $100/y would leave me feeling ripped off at the moment.