DVDVR Message Board
Cliff Hanger

Game Deals and Subscriptions 2017... err... 2018 now

On 9/11/2017 at 1:38 PM, J.T. said:

I suppose this goes here.

I despise most fast food restaurants and even I am considering getting one five buck box per week until the end of the promotion in the hope of getting my hands on an Xbox One X,

I just got one to enter and no way am I doing that again.  That "quesarito" is fucking gross.  You're a braver man than me for getting that once a week.

Psychonauts is free on Humble for the next day and a half or so. 

The new Humble Bundle is another Very Positive.  Dollar tier has Neon Chrome, Rive and Dungeon Souls. Beat the Average (currently $6.73) has Ultimate Chickenhorse, Oxenfree and Shadow of effin' Mordor for anyone who has been meaning to get round to it.  $10 gets you Beat Cop (which I have but have never downloaded) and Death Road to Canada.

PSN sales this week are Batman games and Ass Creed.

I will just repeat that Death Road to Canada is an extremely good game. 

I already have that and Shadow of Mordor so the higher tiers hold little appeal to me but I should probably take a closer look at the one dollar tier.

Neon Chrome is, IIRC, a weird hybrid of twin-stick overhead shooter and stealth game.  I know literally nothing about most of the rest.  

The wave of free stuff goes on as Outlast is free on Humble currently. Site traffic was pretty heavy in the last hour but it looks a bit calmer now.

Two pretty good PS4 games (one I own, one I have on PC) and the same shovel of shit for 3 and Vita that was announced last month and then pulled. Hope the PSNow adds are better.

I'm happy I never bit the bullet on those $10 flash MGS V sales.

I liked Gone Home and would definitely get that if I hadn't played it on the PC

I remember being interested in The Turning Test around the time it was coming out so at the price of free - that will be a download

A lot of people hate on the story for Phantom Pain but I enjoyed the part that actually matters (the gameplay) quite a bit.  I had fun playing it.  Fuck the story.

I'm not super far into it, but as far as Metal Gear stories go, I didn't mind it.

I have MGSV on my backlog pile.  Are the cutscenes skipable?  I have a baby on the way so I'm not gonna start something I have to watch 45 minute cutscenes on.

I'm pretty sure they are.  They also are no where near as long or prevalent as the ones you'd get in the other MGS games.

I ended up liking MGSV OK enough by the time I beat it(though the story aspect of it, which is the #1 reason I play MGS games, lacked badly), but it is easily my least favorite in the series. Both from a gameplay, and story perspective.  Just felt super repetitive, and the open world aspect didn't fit that well to me. Sold it soon after I beat it because I knew I'd never go back to it.

1 hour ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Is there a reason to play it over V, the only one I've ever had?

I think that it's worth playing if you don't have IV Complete. IV Complete develops the stuff in III (and II and I) to its natural conclusion. V changes things quite a bit, and then VI changes them even more than that. 

Steam has a deal up where if you can get a Steam link for under $9.  Technically you're buying the game ICEY for 7.69 and the link for $1.  I'm not especially interested in either, but I feel like I'm stupid if I don't buy it.

Amazon has a warehouse deal where 2 used games gets 20% off.  Got Diablo 3 ultimate and Crash trilogy on PS4 for 40 bucks.

DMqamKZUQAIaiOX.jpg

Those titles - along with Black - are the first XBOX titles that will be backwards compatible on the XBone

They will be available tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

DMqamKZUQAIaiOX.jpg

Those titles - along with Black - are the first XBOX titles that will be backwards compatible on the XBone

They will be available tomorrow.

Am I the only one a little too excited about playing Fusion Frenzy again?