DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is "Subtle" Pot Jokes - 10/17/16

Dolfan in NYC

19 hours ago, L_W_P said:

It just highlights the difference between scripted promos and guys going out with some bullet points.

The problem is they have been scripting for so long alot of guys have no other way of doing it. Talking Smack really shows who can and can't talk.

I dunno if we can chalk this up to the whole bullet points thing.....Goldberg has tried multiple times to break in to reality TV and hosting gigs. I'm sure he has spent much of the past decade taking acting classes and learning how to deliver pretty specific scripts. He has learned and developed a skill. 

Also, this thread would be two pages long if you took out all of Waldos posts about the cruisers that say the exact same thing. 

Hey WWE writers, stop trying to make "sparkle crotch" happen. It's not gonna happen. Rollins actually got a nice babyface reaction when he came out, but man did they leave him out there to die with that promo. No, he's not an elite promo guy, but if you don't have The Rock's magical ability to get crowds to chant any three syllables, you're dead trying to deliver that promo. Just terrible Vince-oriented writing.

The Jericho/Owens tension is unfolding masterfully, though. You can tell those two are taking ownership of that angle and it's gonna be beautiful when it explodes. That match better main event Survivor Series in Canada.

I'm not too worried about Bayley. She'll probably get her win back against Dana at the HIAC pre-show, then move on to Emma-lina. Granted, she's losing there too, but then there's a fairly good chance she starts her road to WM by beating Nia and Charlotte. She's just gotta kill some time til the end of the year.

Sami and Neville are a little sadder. Neville should totally be the CW ace.

Goldberg was a lot better than I expected. Great reaction for him too. I might start to care about that match if it can get heat like tonight.

6 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Hey WWE writers, stop trying to make "sparkle crotch" happen. It's not gonna happen. Rollins actually got a nice babyface reaction when he came out, but man did they leave him out there to die with that promo. No, he's not an elite promo guy, but if you don't have The Rock's magical ability to get crowds to chant any three syllables, you're dead trying to deliver that promo. Just terrible Vince-oriented writing.t.

"Sparkle Crotch" reminded me of Morrison trying to get "Mr. Ziggles" over.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Hey WWE writers, stop trying to make "sparkle crotch" happen. It's not gonna happen. Rollins actually got a nice babyface reaction when he came out, but man did they leave him out there to die with that promo. No, he's not an elite promo guy, but if you don't have The Rock's magical ability to get crowds to chant any three syllables, you're dead trying to deliver that promo. Just terrible Vince-oriented writing.

That's the problem. Rock's ability to get even the lamest material over has seemingly convinced Vince that every main event babyface has to be a shitty comedian. Imagine how much more over Roman would be right now if he had been cutting Goldberg promos this whole time instead of sufferin' succotash/magic beans/tater tots/etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

"Sparkle Crotch" reminded me of Morrison trying to get "Mr. Ziggles" over.

Did either of those trend on twitter...without using the tag of #UnusedTransformersNames?

On 18/10/2016 at 4:33 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

tumblr_of83sjnv3O1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

LOL. Needed Paul London as well ; ).

I was a Goldberg fan in 1998 with the undefeated streak, the entrance and the Spear/Jackhammer combination. Goldberg vs. DDP at Halloween Havoc that year was a great match, Goldberg's best. Goldberg's return was well done, the promo was one of the best in 2016. No mention Goldberg came out to his WCW entrance music and left to the WWE's version? It's underrated. Hope Goldberg can get something good out of Brock Lesnar, done fuck all since The Undertaker Hell in a Cell match at the HIAC 2015 PPV.

Shame seeing Neville lose so quickly to Bo Dallas but especially Bayley getting bea by Dana Brooke and the way it happened.