DVDVR Message Board

WWE TOTAL BELLAS

RIPPA

Heel Cena is weird as fuck to me.  Real or scripted (likely the latter) it's going to take some getting used to.  And for a lot of the episode I was just wondering what the fuck I was watching.  The main reason I'm sticking with the show (other than because I'm a quasi-masochist) is to see how Bryan takes to retirement.  I know it'll be bad, but I can't help but see how much it affects him.  I'm kind of wondering if they ask him about the GM/CWC commentary role during this as that'd make for a maybe uplifting end to this.  From what he's hinted in talking about the show the and previews, in a fake-ass show he's again going to be the realest guy in the room.  I'm just going to have to put up with the rest which is going to be odd.

This is the Cena we have always seen when they are both at home on Total Divas. The contract Nikki had to sign to move in is also one of the classic moments from Total Divas. Someday maybe like the Hogan WCW contract we will get to read the whole contract she signed.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched some of the episode the other night. Does Johnny Ace do anything other than just throw in one word quips at the dinner table? He's got the greatest gig ever. Uncle Road Warrior Animal needs to be in Season 2. God, imagine if Hawk were alive. Anyway, you really do feel for Bryan. Poor guy just wants to wrestle and he can not get away from it.

A lot of this show is pointless, honestly.  But the Daniel Bryan parts are so compelling, mainly because it's so damn real.  It's not just a wrestling thing, but a look at an athlete forced to retire.  Whether it's football or any other sport, more athletes outside of wrestling could stand to watch this.  Heck, if they spliced together the Daniel parts related to retirement that'd make for one helluva documentary on its own.  They can't/won't do that, but if that was done it'd do wonders.  If he's feeling this way now while only 35, I don't want to think how he'll be when he's 45 and beyond.