DVDVR Message Board

ANNOUNCING THE BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME POLL~!

RIPPA

My next big - non wrestling project.

Similar to the decade polls - now in honor of the DVDVR anniversary we go whole hog. BEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME

Basically - you can vote for any movie as long as it has a release date in IMDB of no later than DEC 31, 2016

BALLOTS DUE: January 1, 2017 (clearly a tentative date)

BALLOT LENGTH: 100 movies (1-100). You may also "vote" for up to 25 movies as Honorable Mention (I am not quite certain how I will score them but yeah)

BALLOTS EMAIL: DVDVRMAIL AT GMAIL DOT COM (In an ideal world you will submit your ballot 1-100 MOVIE TITLE, DIRECTOR, YEAR)

PICK AMONGST YOUR CHILDREN!!!

JT - DON'T USE YOUR IMDB RANKINGS!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ramsey said:

I think I could put up a list of 100 but there's no way I could rank them. Are you looking for definitive ranking?

Yes - they have to be in order (at least the first 100) as I assign points based on where you rank them

• Like 1

I figure this is enough time for people to work through their movie piles of shame.

And I am already 99% certain I will have to push back the date since I think I'm moving right after Christmas

• Like 1

Oh God Dammit - I totally forgot about March Madness.

Maybe this year I will just cut to the chase and run a Final Four of AJ Styles, Matt Riddle, The Revival and someone else

• Like 1

On 9/5/2016 at 2:20 PM, odessasteps said:

Will be curious to see if past DVDVR voting trends in tv/movie polls continues. 

I've only lurked sporadically at various results threads, so which trends are you talking about? 

My love of "dumb" comedies/comic book movies, plus massive lists of movies I should have seen, would make any list made as of today embarrassing to some, but fuck it I will defend Dirty Work to the death... or at least to the mild injury.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I've only lurked sporadically at various results threads, so which trends are you talking about? 

My love of "dumb" comedies/comic book movies, plus massive lists of movies I should have seen, would make any list made as of today embarrassing to some, but fuck it I will defend Dirty Work to the death... or at least to the mild injury.

Based on GOTG winning the comic book movie tourney since it had just come out, I'm assuming it's a trend of the new and shiny being prioritized over a deserving winner. 

I won't get to everything I've been meaning to watch in time, but it could be worse...

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 4

I'm not sure I could do this. A lot of stuff I would need to revisit, and my pile of shame is quite embarrassing. Plus, I'd be worried about a majority of this list being 90s-Present films just due to recency bias. 

On 05/09/2016 at 2:28 PM, RIPPA said:

My next big - non wrestling project.

Similar to the decade polls - now in honor of the DVDVR anniversary we go whole hog. BEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME

Basically - you can vote for any movie as long as it has a release date in IMDB of no later than DEC 31, 2016

BALLOTS DUE: January 1, 2017 (clearly a tentative date)

BALLOT LENGTH: 100 movies (1-100). You may also "vote" for up to 25 movies as Honorable Mention (I am not quite certain how I will score them but yeah)

BALLOTS EMAIL: DVDVRMAIL AT GMAIL DOT COM (In an ideal world you will submit your ballot 1-100 MOVIE TITLE, DIRECTOR, YEAR)

PICK AMONGST YOUR CHILDREN!!!

JT - DON'T USE YOUR IMDB RANKINGS!

Ho.Le.Sh.It!!! Count me in.

On 06/09/2016 at 11:08 PM, (BP) said:

I'm glad we have until the beginning of the year because it'll take me two days to put together the movies on the ballot and three months to figure out the numerical order. 

Yep. Picking the films and the order of them. Deep project this.

On 07/09/2016 at 4:30 PM, JonnyLaw said:

Comic book movies. You're good with me!

On 07/09/2016 at 4:38 PM, (BP) said:

Based on GOTG winning the comic book movie tourney since it had just come out, I'm assuming it's a trend of the new and shiny being prioritized over a deserving winner. 

I won't get to everything I've been meaning to watch in time, but it could be worse...

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

Guardians of the Galaxy winning the best comic book movie tournament, strongly disagree there.

On 07/09/2016 at 9:10 PM, RIPPA said:

Everyone's list will be ridiculous and not ridiculous at the same time

Yes.