DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

Tywin purchased Roose's loyalty by offering to make him steward of the North.  Basically the new Ned.  So he brokered the deal with Walder Frey to kill Robb and led Robb into the slaughter.  It was Roose's men who killed Robb's that night as well. It was also Roose's men who cut off Jaime's hand and eventually ransomed him to Tywin.  Roose sent that one dude to the wall to pretend to be in the Night's Watch to find  Bran.

He is now trying to consolidate his power in the north, but has problems:

1) Greyjoy's holding bits of this and that

2) a lot of pissed off north people who don't want to follow him, but are also tired of fighting

3) one fucked up bastard boy living near where he sleeps at night

4) Now suddenly various Starks who were supposed to be dead keep turning up alive

in his favor he has

1) A heart made out of congealed scorpion's venom

2) an army apparently made up primarily of phsycopaths that seem to listen to him

• Like 1

Okay, I know the guy and his situation, I just didn't know his name. If there's not a scene where someone keeps calling him Roose followed by direct close-ups of his face, I'm no good.

Hey, I remembered some of that stuff once we started talking about it. It just takes me a minute.

But you can't give me shit about this Roose asshole - he's never around, why would I even bother remembering his name. Shit, I can't even remember what he looks like.

Jae, be warned, those who forget Roose Bolton wind up flayed. Come to think of it, a lot of folks who remember him wind up flayed as well... So there ya go...

Hey, I remembered some of that stuff once we started talking about it. It just takes me a minute.

But you can't give me shit about this Roose asshole - he's never around, why would I even bother remembering his name. Shit, I can't even remember what he looks like.

He should have been worth remembering for just this one masterful look:

i5lnbUst2vyzo.gif

It says:

"Hey, Cat.  We go way back don't we?  Yeah...memories, huh?  Also, you're fucked." all at once.

i5lnbUst2vyzo.gif

It says:

"Hey, Cat.  We go way back don't we?  Yeah...memories, huh?  Also, you're fucked." all at once.

It's also a masterful dad 'settle the eff down, I've had enough' look.

• Like 1

i5lnbUst2vyzo.gif

It says:

It's also a masterful dad 'settle the eff down, I've had enough' look.

Or the perfect, I know it was you who farted look.

• Like 4

Also, Tywin doesn't give a fuck about Dany and her dragons or at least that's what he has been telling people. He said dragons haven't done shit in years and someone said the dragons are getting bigger and everyone in the room was like "uh, whatever..  what else is on the docket?"

Tywin seems to be downplaying Dany, but in certain company, undermining her seems like a primary concern of his.  I think he's mostly worried that if he grants her any importance, she'll gain legitimacy among people and be an even bigger and more immediate pain in the ass.

Tywin seems to be downplaying Dany, but in certain company, undermining her seems like a primary concern of his.  I think he's mostly worried that if he grants her any importance, she'll gain legitimacy among people and be an even bigger and more immediate pain in the ass.

Yeah, this is something that TV does worse than books.  They have shown maybe one or two scenes of the smallfolk voicing their displeasure with the ruling class, but that was mostly, "Joffrey sucks, and The Imp is ugly."  There is very little way to tell if there is any dissent amongst the people on the show, because they just don't have time to show random people talking about who they like.  There is a very good chance that they won't even acknowledge that there were plenty of people who preferred the Targaryens much more than the Baratheons.  The Crown Prince Rhaegar was essentially universally loved and a good bit of the population was pissed that Robert killed him.

Going on a quick Youtube, I see all the Rhaegar mentions are broken up and spread out pretty randomly. The two most important ones are Ned and Robert discussing him kidnapping Ned's sister in episode 2 and then Ser Jorah's famous quote (Rhaegar fought honorably, etc.), The latter is the only mention that lends credence about people thinking he was brave or some great guy. Otherwise, you wouldn't understand who the hell he was other than some plot placeholder.

Going on a quick Youtube, I see all the Rhaegar mentions are broken up and spread out pretty randomly. The two most important ones are Ned and Robert discussing him kidnapping Ned's sister in episode 2 and then Ser Jorah's famous quote (Rhaegar fought honorably, etc.), The latter is the only mention that lends credence about people thinking he was brave or some great guy. Otherwise, you wouldn't understand who the hell he was other than some plot placeholder.

You probably shouldn't Youtube Rhaegar or anything else about this show.  The internet is full of theories and shit that could potentially spoil huge things in the show. 

I can't remember if we've seen Casterly Rock?  I wonder what goes on there and in Highgarden while all the key players fuck around in King's Landing. I imagine people fucking off and drinking wine until "Oh shit, is that Tywin?! Run!!" and they scatter like when the police show up at an underage drinking party.

• Like 1

I know we want GRRM to at least finish this story, but he's created such an interesting history that I sure wouldn't mind seeing a prequel series, even though we know what happened. I can't be alone in wanting to see Maelys Blackfyre get killed by Barristan Selmy.

• Like 1

Roose Bolton, usually just called Lord Bolton if anything by characters in the show, is the guy who looks kinda like Vlad Putin.

Roose was Robb's Mailman in Season 2.  Also Chief Giver Of "...Seriously?" Looks to Robb whenever he ended strategy sessions early to bang his foreign nurse girlfriend.  When Robb learned Theon had turned on him, Roose offered to deploy his bastard son to sort shit out for Robb.

In Season 3 he unleashed his henchman bounty hunter Locke to re-acquire Jaime after Catelyn cut him loose under Big Girl's custody.  He broke the bad news to Robb about Bran and Rickon being missing presumed dead after Winterfell was burned down "by the Ironborn, as they retreated".  He REFUSED to drink alcohol, repeatedly, which made everyone think he was weird and creepy.  He trolled Jaime about his sister maybe being dead LOL just kidding Stannis lost your sister is fine.  He sent Jaime on his way as an "apology" for Locke "accidentally" cutting his hand off, but he was actually selling Robb out.  As we saw more obviously later at the wedding, when Roose let Catelyn see his chainmail and he ultimately got the deathblow and XP for killing Robb. Last scene was a heavy exposition dump with Hogwarts Janitor in which he revealed his bastard son, named Ramsay, actually burned down Winterfell and is in fact the anonymous nutjob who was mutilating Theon all through the season.  He offered them Robb's surrender/amnesty terms in exchange for Theon but double crossed them and killed them all (presumably flaying them as well, cuz that's how The Bolton family rolls) and then sent Theon's dad and sister a Dick In A Box.

He [Roose] also made mention of marrying one of Hogwarts Janitor's daughters.  Since Hogwarts Janitor offered "my daughter's weight in silver" as a dowry, Roose chose the fat one.  We saw her, once, for about five seconds this season.  He sent Locke to go find/kill Bran and Rickon (fail) and he told Ramsay to be less of a fuckup / capture Moat Cailin, which we just saw Ramsay use Theon/Reek to do.  And Now Ramsay Is A Real Boy/Not A Bastard.  And the last shot of them was their moving in to Winterfell.

He's a bit of an asshole, even by Game Of Thrones standards.

• Like 1

I can't remember if we've seen Casterly Rock?  I wonder what goes on there and in Highgarden while all the key players fuck around in King's Landing. I imagine people fucking off and drinking wine until "Oh shit, is that Tywin?! Run!!" and they scatter like when the police show up at an underage drinking party.

I had to look up where the Tywin / Arya scenes were. They were in Harrenhal. Best i could find, the show has not been to Casterly Rock.

Note: i put in "Tywin Arya" into google and the third suggestion was "tywin arya fanfiction." (Shudder)

I just had this horrible realization that Arya is probably going to have to kill The Hound like he taught her to once he's all sick and dying FROM AFUCKINGINFECTIONFUCKTHISSHOEW!!!!!

It will be his final lesson for her. Fuckthisfuckingshowwwww

Will this be one of those gross ironies on the show (Fuckthisfuckingshowwwww) where the only person on her list that she actually gets to kill is The Hound?  I can't remember - Fuckthisfuckingshowwwww - if any of the other people she's killed was on her list, but some of them have been erased by fate and most of them she'll probably never get near.

(Fuckthisfuckingshowwwww)[spilier]

She's gotten two, right? She stuck that one dude in the throat and then the other one was on her list she just didn't know his name.

Neither was on the list.  The heart guy wasn't if she didn't know his name.  It's a list of names, Jae.  A name list.

The list and current whereabouts:

Joffrey - Purpled and DEAD

Cersei - Puckered but alive

Walder Frey - Gross and alive

Marin Trant - Testifying against Tyrion and feelin' pretty smug about it

Tywin Lannister - Macking like a BOSS

The Red Woman - Hot as Fuck

Beric Dondarrion - Somewhere

Thoros of Myr - Somewhere with him

Illyn Payne - Who knows? 

The Mountain - Dying? Hands gooey.

The Hound - DYING OFAFUCKINGINFECTIONFUCKTHISFUCKINGOWJOIFHOWHOIHPOGHOPEI

Fuck y'all for now making me also realize that not only will the Hound die, but the Hound putting that one fella out of his misery was probably foreshadowing.

I would buy that and I've had a similar thought but this show is so unlike every piece of fiction I've read so I don't even try to guess anymore. I do think The Hound is on borrowed time and it will suck when he's gone. Thank fuck we haven't seen Bran or Hodor in a minute. Their last scene with Hodor putting in work was pretty cool so I figure it's like the episode of Seinfeld where George wants to exit on a high note.