DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

Since we went pervy for a second, I guess this is the best time to ask this...What did everyone think of the Mellisandre/Selyse scene?  Is Selyse's devotion for The Red God, more important to her than the devotion to her husband?  Did she really look at dat ass and immediately forgive Stannis for hitting that?   Did Piranesi spend $3.95 a minute to learn that Melissandre would have a camera focused on her breasts for so long?  Did Melissandre really suggest sacrificing Shireen to the fire?  There seemed to be a lot implied in that scene without anything really being said definitively, any predictions?

Outside of the whorehouses, very little lesbianism on the show, if memory serves.

There certainly seemed like they were teasing it with Melissansre and Stannis wife, no?

Maybe because there are so few women?

I guess the only possibility right now would be Danyres and her translator, but we apparently saw Danyres (off screen) get it on with Dario.

Since we went pervy for a second, I guess this is the best time to ask this...What did everyone think of the Mellisandre/Selyse scene?  Is Selyse's devotion for The Red God, more important to her than the devotion to her husband?  Did she really look at dat ass and immediately forgive Stannis for hitting that?   Did Piranesi spend $3.95 a minute to learn that Melissandre would have a camera focused on her breasts for so long any predictions?

hqdefaul89898t.jpg  We're locked into Melisandre's ass-gravitational pull!

WHAT DO WE DO???????

5odrnr.gif We buy new paunts.

There was that bottle episode when Robb Stark and Tyrion got locked on top of the roof by Schneider and reminisced about past Christmases until they realized that, even through they're mean to each other, it's only because they have so much in common.

I mean, dozens of villagers were killed in the flashbacks, but those weren't actually happening in the timeframe of the episode itself.

It's obvious The Mountain would win The Rumble after just coming back to the show. Tyrion wouldn't even be in the match making the audience shit on everyone else.

What do you mean by "would?"  He did, why do you think he was cutting all those jabronies in half?  The Rumble would come down to The Mountain, Oberyn, Barriston Selmy, The Hound, and maybe Brienne has an outside chance.  If Jaime still had his right hand, he'd have a chance, but no one else in Westeros would be able to compete with any of those guys.  There are a couple of people the show hasn't revealed yet who may be contenders, but the consensus bad asses of Westeros are The Mountain, Oberyn, The Hound, and Barriston Selmy everyone else is just everyone else. 

I'm assuming Ned would be on that list if he still had his head? He certainly looked like he had a good chance of besting Jaime and seemed to be pressing the advantage when he took a spear to the shank.

And books or no books, I maintain Brienne belongs on that list, especially with her new gear.

Call 1-900-GOT-9900 for the scoop on who in Kings Landing will die this week? Only 1.99 a minute.

Note: parody posting. No spoilers meant to be taken seriously.

Reported.

I'm assuming Ned would be on that list if he still had his head? He certainly looked like he had a good chance of besting Jaime and seemed to be pressing the advantage when he took a spear to the shank.

Problem with Ned is that in a battle royal, you're going to need to make some alliances to make it to the end, and he is clearly a failure at this. He'd do that spot where he and someone like Jamie team up and eliminate a big guy like the Hound or the Mountain. Then when Ned and Jamie are celebrating Jamie grabs Ned by the collar and tosses him over. Then points at his head while the crowd boos.

Or even worse Ned would sacrifice himself to save his useless fucking sons, who would then get eliminated immediately after, because they were distracted by boobs.

I forgot the most important question about the Melissandre/Selyse scene(dat ass distracted me).  Why does someone with the power to birth a shadow baby strong enough to kill a king have so many potions and mummer's tricks lying around?  We know she is powerful, yet for some reason she seems to have all this shit lying around like she is trying to trick people into believing she is powerful. 

Oh, and while Ned was more than competant as a fighter, Jaime would have been a heavy favorite in Vegas.  Ned's best victory was when he had a 7 on 3 advantage and 5 of his comrades died.  He seemed to be a much better commander than he was a knight, but there really aren't any stories about him being a swordsman of any regard.  I can't recall any tournament victories or single combats that would put him in the class of the cream of the crop.  Think of him more like Stannis than Jaime, guys who could lead an army into battle and win a battle, but not really the guy who is going to challenge a great warrior one on one.

Jaime was really fucking good, he won his first tounament melee at 13.  Brienne thought the following about their fight after he got his hand cut off, "He was weak from imprisonment, and chained at the wrists. No knight in the Seven Kingdoms could have stood against him at his full strength, with no chains to hamper him. Jaime had done many wicked things, but the man could fight! His maiming had been monstrously cruel. It was one thing to slay a lion, another to hack his paw off and leave him broken and bewildered."  

Brienne is a relative newcomer, and while I wouldn't be surprised if she could hang with any of the heavy hitters, she does not have a showcase fight or the years of experience that guys like Oberyn, The Mountain, The Hound, or Barristan Selmy have. 

If we are bringing back the dead we have to add Robert Baratheon and his Warhammer, and Khal Drogo, though he needs a horse and doesn't wear armor.  Robert Baratheon was regarded as a great warrior, and killed Rhaegar Targaryen, who was also looked at as a more than capable warrior, in single combat.  Khal Drogo never lost a fight, he was basically the most feared man in Essos before he died. 

• Like 1

I forgot the most important question about the Melissandre/Selyse scene(dat ass distracted me).  Why does someone with the power to birth a shadow baby strong enough to kill a king have so many potions and mummer's tricks lying around?  We know she is powerful, yet for some reason she seems to have all this shit lying around like she is trying to trick people into believing she is powerful. 

Magic Has a Cost.

I forgot the most important question about the Melissandre/Selyse scene(dat ass distracted me). Why does someone with the power to birth a shadow baby strong enough to kill a king have so many potions and mummer's tricks lying around? We know she is powerful, yet for some reason she seems to have all this shit lying around like she is trying to trick people into believing she is powerful.

Magic Has a Cost.

£ 3.50

Magic Has a Cost.

Also, the only real magic we've seen her do, she did alone and maybe that was required.  I was a bit frustrated at Davos being so skeptical given how much real magic we've seen from people in her cult...but Davos (and Stannis) really haven't seen any of that.

We saw her poop out Assassin's Creed.  But all Davos and Stannis know is that she said she had to go off and be alone in a cave and a few days later the guy they wanted dead is dead.  But everyone said Brienne killed him.  There are rumors of a shadow man, but still room for skepticism.

We've also seen Fire God people switch faces and, oh yeah...COME BACK FROM THE DEAD!!! But, again, the people around Melisandre haven't seen any of that.  The "coming back from the dead" guy seems to be a big secret that no one outside that group really knows about.  It seems like her God only does stuff when stuff needs to get done, and in the meantime leaves his followers to their own devices.

So, she has little choice but to show Stannis a bunch of parlor tricks.  He believes her about Renly, so the parlor tricks are magic to him.  Davos is unsure, so to him they are what they are and she seems like any other charlatan to him...but X 10,000 hotness.

There was an explaination given, but I'm hesitant to give it, because I'm not sure if its going to be given down the line, and thus don't want to do the dreaded "divulge a potential SPOILER!!!!1!1!" in the thread and get people in an uproar.

Magic Has a Cost.

Also, the only real magic we've seen her do, she did alone and maybe that was required.  I was a bit frustrated at Davos being so skeptical given how much real magic we've seen from people in her cult...but Davos (and Stannis) really haven't seen any of that.

We saw her poop out Assassin's Creed.  But all Davos and Stannis know is that she said she had to go off and be alone in a cave and a few days later the guy they wanted dead is dead.  But everyone said Brienne killed him.  There are rumors of a shadow man, but still room for skepticism.

We've also seen Fire God people switch faces and, oh yeah...COME BACK FROM THE DEAD!!! But, again, the people around Melisandre haven't seen any of that.  The "coming back from the dead" guy seems to be a big secret that no one outside that group really knows about.  It seems like her God only does stuff when stuff needs to get done, and in the meantime leaves his followers to their own devices.

So, she has little choice but to show Stannis a bunch of parlor tricks.  He believes her about Renly, so the parlor tricks are magic to him.  Davos is unsure, so to him they are what they are and she seems like any other charlatan to him...but X 10,000 hotness.

Most of this is true, but Davos did see the shadow baby, and they both seen her drink out of the poison cup of the Maester and have no effects.  Davos doesn't worship the Lord of Light, but he damn sure believes in him.  Stannis on the other hand believes that The Red God has chosen him to be king of Westeros, so they don't really need to be convinced.  The thing that really brought questions into my mind is that she told Selyse all of this shit without any hesitation.  If she was trying to deceive Stannis, why would she show her tricks to his wife?  It's not like Selyse seems like the most stable of people, especially when she knows she fucked her husband.

Gotta disagree on comparing Ned and Stannis as fighters. It's all conjecture really but Ned was on the front lines at the Siege of Pyke and the Trident. He also killed maybe the best fighter with the best sword in Westeros, Ser Arthur Dayne.

Stannis has no tales of valor that even come close to that. I'd say Ned vs Jaime was a pretty even fight when it went down. If anyone had the edge it was Ned. Jaime was more of a tourny fighter at that point, Ned wasn't really into that bullshit.

• Like 1

My point about Ned and Stannis were that they were better soldiers and commanders than knights.  They were at their best fighting as part of an army, which Ned was at Pyke and in The Battle of the Trident.  Ned killed Ser Arthur Dayne with the help of six other people, and he admitted he would have died if not for Howland Reed.  Ned wasn't a bitch, but he would have had his ass handed to him in a one on one fight with Jaime Lannister. 

Jaime Lannister by all accounts was a savant with a sword.  He won a tounament melee, which is most comparable to what were are talking about here at 13-years-old.  He fought to a stalemate with The Smiling Knight at 15, and Arthur Dayne was so impressed he knighted him on the spot.  He fought to a stalemate with Brienne with his hands chained together after living in a small cage and being malnourished for the better part of a year.  He also speculated that Brienne may be able to beat The Hound.  Before he lost his hand I would have taken him against everyone in Westeros save for The Mountain, Oberyn Martell, and Barristan Selmy.  In a one on one fight there aren't many people in the entire history of Westeros who have been more lauded as a swordsman.