DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Harambe (RIP)

Dolfan in NYC

So was that the least creative thing they could have done to determine a new champ?  It's exactly what they did a month ago except in reverse.  Last month: two fatal four ways to determine a one on one final.  This month: four one on one matches to determine a fatal four way final.

• Like 2

Just now, Vgmastr said:

So was that the least creative thing they could have done to determine a new champ?  It's exactly what they did a month ago except in reverse.  Last month: two fatal four ways to determine a one on one final.  This month: four one on one matches to determine a fatal four way final.

They should have done a Reverse Battle Royal leading to a King of the Mountain match.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vgmastr said:

krisskross_totally.jpg

• Like 7

Just now, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah. Jericho should help Owens win. Rollins can bitch and moan, Reigns can go back after Rusev, Cass can go back to tags.

Yes. At least they got through this without dumbly, accidentally breaking up Jericho/KO which is basically the only thing I want to see apart from Bayley now.

What a difference a month makes. RAW is starting to spiral into the same old shit territory pretty quickly. Injuries happen and that's an issue but the booking is starting to fall back into old habits. 

I think we'll be spared a Reigns title run.  Maybe Rusev gets some revenge and costs him next week.

I love Jericho but at this point he's beyond needing a title. If he cheats to help Owens win you can keep JeriKO together for a while before Jericho gets jealous and murdered by Owens down the line, and have KO go through Sami and maybe Cesaro in the mean time before Finn gets healthy again.

• Like 1

The direction for the Universal belt felt lazy. I know it won't happen, but I really hope Owens gets the win. I never want see Rollins with a singles belt again. Reigns shouldn't win the big belt again for at least a year. And its way too early for Cass. I wish Sami had won against Rollins.

I feel sorry for Smackdown, but Bayley vs. Charlotte is so damn natural a feud and one of the better feuds they did for women in NXT.

Where the hell was Nia Jax? I need her destroying more jobbers like Strowman.

• Like 2

Raw's overall roster has depth, but their main event is lacking.  Balor is hurt and Lesnar is part-time. It's Rollins and Reigns.  KO and Rusev need more build-up after being in mid-card for a while,  Zayn clearly isn't being considered.  Jericho will likely be gone soon, and they barely know Neville exists.  Big Cass isn't close to ready.

If they have Reigns continue slapping fools while cussing them out, I say go for it.  Roman can be better for building up other guys than Seth. If they allow Reigns to lean more into what he was doing at the end of the Jericho match tonight, they have more options with him as champ.

We're probably getting Rollins as Universal chanp.  And we'll all be sorry.

Lana is so going to pull Rusev's man card on TV soon.

Going to Raw next week. Went from super excited after SS to sort of dreading having to witness a Reigns championship.

I'd like to see Owens get it, but I don't see them putting it on a heel who isn't Rollins. So it's Reigns or Rollins, with the two of them main eventing everything for months. Ugh.

Would have loved for Jericho to have gone over tonight. Don't care what he "needs," that would have just been fun.

Otherwise, though, show was pretty good. Down with the Bayley call-up, New Day was on fire, and at least Slater got some chants in. 

30 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Nia Jax and Bunny Snuggles will end up falling in love based on their mutual love of killing jobbers. 

2016-08-17-love-and-jobbers.jpg

If James Ellsworth didn't already exist, Johnny Knockout would get my vote for best jobber so far. Loved the crowd shouting DELETE when Bubba mentioned The Hardys. No Heath this week! And we never found out what repercussions Brock is going to get from Steph.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

Bayley gets KTFO on Saturday and is the hottest free agent. Guess this means Randy Orton is now the top WWE superstar

Hey, Rollins lost his title match and he's right back in the title picture. Big Cass is somehow in the title picture. Nothing makes sense right now. 

We have a possibility for interference from Rusev, Jericho, Enzo, and even (though I highly doubt it) Zayn here. Surely at least half of them play some part. 

It was funny how everyone who wanted a title shot came out except for Neville. Poor afterthought of a wrestler. 

Does anyone care if the Dudleys actually retired or not?