DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Nikki is Nikki but she's had some pretty decent showings, and really the litmus test should be this: when someone beats her, will it mean something? I think she's still fresh enough and big enough in the minds of the audience that it will. So will it be a great match, maybe not, but it'll do something for someone, and I can't complain about that

I think Nikki's return is a good thing. She's irritating enough to get actual heel heat, she's been presented as a big enough deal that beating her actually means something, and she's developed into a solid power worker. I'd say before her injury, only Becky, Fox and Banks were better than her on the main roster. Also, imagine how good a Nikki/Bayley feud would be - snotty, entitled "wrestling royalty" vs the ultimate babyface.

39 minutes ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

She's irritating enough to get actual heel heat, she's been presented as a big enough deal that beating her actually means something, and she's developed into a solid power worker.

So Nikki's the female Roman Reigns?

• Like 1

I will never understand praise for the Bellas. Their feuds didn't exactly draw big ratings, their show on E didn't bring a huge cross over audience, and there are more than a dozen better female wrestlers in the US alone. The only thing they seem to be great at is sleeping their way to the top and using their appearance to their advantage.

• Like 4

There's a dozen better women wrestles signed to WWE, but Nikki is still decent and has a pretty big name as far as WWE women go. I think she could have a good rivalry with Becky on SD. I'd much rather see that than more Becky/Nattie(who I can't stand).

20 minutes ago, JCM said:

There's a dozen better women wrestles signed to WWE, but Nikki is still decent and has a pretty big name as far as WWE women go. I think she could have a good rivalry with Becky on SD. I'd much rather see that than more Becky/Nattie(who I can't stand).

Bailey and Aksana would like a word with you.

I actually really enjoyed Nikki's last run before her injury. Brie was a great baby face towards the end of her run as well. Compare that to their debut and its night and day.

I think Nikki would be a good fit on Smackdown where they only have like 3 women anyway. They ought to move all the women to Raw and have a full division, but we've all been saying that since the draft.

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

Don't be that guy.

Can you point to any other reason why they got to be stars on another networks show or even picked to get put on WWE tv besides their looks and/or who they slept with? Haven't exactly heard a compelling argument otherwise. Not like they would be the first people to ever do it.

It's too bad they seem to be moving Asuka to be more of a heel, because a couple month program with Nikki Bell down in NXT (who I would imagine would be Eva Marie levels of nuclear heat down there) would really benefit everyone involved before moving her back up to the main roster when fully healthy.

37 minutes ago, DTTW said:

Can you point to any other reason why they got to be stars on another networks show or even picked to get put on WWE tv besides their looks and/or who they slept with? Haven't exactly heard a compelling argument otherwise. Not like they would be the first people to ever do it.

I'm convinced. [/sarcasm]

Despite all the sleaze in wrestling their isn't really a whole lot of sleeping your way to the top save for HBK and Vince. 

Look at Missy Hyatt. She slept her way to looking like a Pixar character walking around in the real world and being mistaken for Ricky Morton in pictures. 

I thought the Smackdown Live logo sucked, and then I saw whatever that abomination is for RAW. Sweet fuck. Did they make it in MS Paint?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I'm convinced. [/sarcasm]

Well what is the reason then? Jericho, for instance, has proven to be much more valuable and a bigger draw but they didn't get him a tv show. Wrestling is a political business and without something to say otherwise, what conclusion should be drawn? The WWE was just being nice to them?