DVDVR Message Board

Olympics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

A winter version of the decathlon would be pretty bad ass.  The person who competed in 10 events of various skiing, snowboarding, skating, and sliding would be a hell of a person.  Some would likely die.

Cross country, ski jumping, downhill skiing, downhill snowboarding, jumping off high things, luge, face first luge, snow fort building, dogsled racing, beer drinking.

CANADIAN DECATHLON EH

Add in competitive driveway shoveling and we have ourselves an event.

Chainsaw ice sculpturing is right there.

Fine morning of women's curling to wake up to - Team Canada on one channel, EVE~! on the other.

Of course - EVE just missed a tricky shot with the hammer and Korea just stole 2 to go into the 10th up one.

And I swear - if it wasn't for the fact I know Olympic rules wouldn't allow it, I think one of the ladies from South Korea is 13

Watching this US-Sweden women's curling match and evidently the Swedish skip is curling's answer to Monica Seles. There is barely a peep from this crowd because Putin's Angels aren't doing well so I have no idea why she feels compelled to scream like a lunatic.

Welp, both the US and Sweden missed their share of shots but with us up 1 in the 10th it came down to the Protractor Of DOOM to determine if Sweden scored one or two. Turns out it was a deuce which drops the US Women to 1-6 and officially eliminates them from playoff contention. (Edit: as Rippa was evidently typing as I was pecking at my iPhone).

Dear USA Curling: Can we PLEASE send some new faces four years from now? Maybe let Vernon Davis pick the team.

Quick 3 for Canada. Thought they were dead in the water with the 1-2 start, but they seem to be rounding into form.

And whoever first mentioned Team Steroid is right, Canada looks like damned monsters next to the poor American curlers. Christ, Jacobs, you really had to wear the tight t-shirt? Give the guys a break already.

Lizzy Yarnold follows Amy Williams (2010) in winning the Olympic Gold in Skeleton for Team GB on Friday. Yarnold is only the 10th ever Winter Olympics Gold medal for Team GB. We don't even have a track! Add that Gold to Jenny Jones's Bronze in the Snowboard Slopestyle.

Wow, Canada was setting up for a big end but Shoo buries an absolute perfect rock and the US men end ups stealing a point - and now they're up 1 with possibly the hammer in the 10th.

Yeah, US Curling has been the shits this Olympics but Angry Trucker Hat has actually been pretty clutch. Hasn't really gotten any help from his teammates to be honest.