DVDVR Message Board

Olympics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

Kind of funny that two of the Russian gold medalists don't know their national anthem.  At least the American guy is going "Neh ne naaah ne ne neeeeeh" with his mouth sort of in rhythm.  The Korean guy isn't even trying.

Well it was changed after the fall of the USSR. . .

Kind of funny that two of the Russian gold medalists don't know their national anthem.  At least the American guy is going "Neh ne naaah ne ne neeeeeh" with his mouth sort of in rhythm.  The Korean guy isn't even trying.

Captain, the singing, they will hear us !? (Thinking) let them sing. . . 

OH MY GOD!  There going to push that James E Cornette Bear's face into that flaming birthday cake!

Is it really more horrifying than aliens carrying Michael Jackson and a few children selected by him into low earth orbit...where no national laws apply?

Well it was changed after the fall of the USSR. . .

To be more precise the current Russian anthem has the same music as the USSR one, they only changed the text (from 1990 to 2000 they had a different one, that had no text at all).

• Like 1

Okay, so the curling thread did get merged in here as well. The Tim Hortons Brier is on this week (aka, Canadian men's championship, aka consolation prize for teams that did not make the Olympics). Good field, with John Morris, Kevin Koe and Jeff Stoughton all there.

Fuck no.

I've found it's not curling I hate, It's Vic. He's legitimately retarded or something. It was amazing that time they had Will Ferrell doing his anchorman schtick right next to him and you couldn't really tell which one was supposed to be the dumb one.

Fuck no.

I've found it's not curling I hate, It's Vic. He's legitimately retarded or something. It was amazing that time they had Will Ferrell doing his anchorman schtick right next to him and you couldn't really tell which one was supposed to be the dumb one.

MAKE. THE. FINAL!