DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION

RIPPA

20 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

People can make fun of the name of them- but this Authors of Pain team is going to be huge for them. A couple of monsters led by Paul Ellering- the team that finally slays them is going to be made men in NXT or WWE.

I mean, come on- do you even know how much money the Gzim-mopper makes?

Randall never told us how much the average gzim mopper makes. Apparently, it leaves streaks if you don't clean it right away.

• Like 4

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 7:22 PM, Infinit said:

I thought that the Authors Of Pain were the 2 Indian dudes in developmental.

And now I am hearing disturbing internet rumblings that they are going to inherit the Legion of Doom name instead of going by the Authors of Pain.

17 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Well...the Road Warriors got the LOD moniker from a group managed by Ellering in Georgia, no? With Jake and Bundy IIRC? So in a way it's kind of fitting.

Except Jake and Bundy weren't one of the most successful teams during a boom period. This can only end badly.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, back at the Legion of Doom, Lex Luthor and several DC lawyers are mulling over a PBR style cease and desist order, all the while Vince McMahon dreaming he had an Apache Chief because a 50' tall wrestler would be the biggest draw ever.

Now over at the Temple, where they really pack 'em in, Dario just wishes he had the Apaches for his next trios tournament.

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, zev said:

Meanwhile, back at the Legion of Doom, Lex Luthor and several DC lawyers are mulling over a PBR style cease and desist order, all the while Vince McMahon dreaming he had an Apache Chief because a 50' tall wrestler would be the biggest draw ever.

SOMEONE REMEMBERS~!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zev said:

Now over at the Temple, where they really pack 'em in, Dario just wishes he had the Apaches for his next trios tournament.

I know you are joking, but a 50' tall Native American would in fact be the greatest draw ever. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zev said:

Apache Chief would be lucky to get through developmental.  Sure, he's 50 ft. tall.  But can he talk?  The Super Friends hardly ever gave him any mic time and, when he did talk, he sounded stereotypically indian.  That accent has to go too.  No regional dialects. 

After that, they'd have to retool his image.  He may be 50 ft. tall but he's obviously not on the gas.  He'll have to either get with the program or cover up those soft abs.  A chest protector works for the Samoans, so that's an option, I guess.  Also, with that haircut, he'll have to stay clean-shaven or something.  With the dark skin and long hair, he'll look a little like Roman if he grows a goatee.  How will fans tell them apart?

Don;t even get me started on workrate.  Have you ever seen an Apache Chief "match"?  He grows to 50-ft and defeats his opponent with one move.  Ugh.  The smarks will go wild when they realize he can't run the ropes or do a 50-ft arm drag.

Fortunately, he wasn't a big draw in the indys, so they can rename him.  And "Apache Chief" is a borderline racist name (and obviously a "minority" name), so no one will be too bothered by what they come up with.  Even "Oney Lorcan" would be an improvement.

I give him a year in NXT before he gets Bull Dempsey's old gimmick and gets released.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - Bobby Roode wrestled Nakamura yesterday

I am sure Bobby wishes he was still in TNA

Poor poor James Storm

The funny thing is that l don't feel sorry for Storm. It was his blunder. He got into the safest and most secure lifeboat possible and then jumped back on the sinking ship. Now there's going to be a brand extension... Which will feature AJ Styles and more than likely Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, and Bobby Roode. He has to be putting his head in his hands and meekly whimpering "what have l done" over and over again.

• Like 1

Of course Apache Chief can't run the ropes, 50' man and a 20' ring.

But given that a simple jump for him would out distance Shane's best Van Terminator, he'd be the ultimate Five Moves of Flippy Do-Doom maker ever.

44 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - Bobby Roode wrestled Nakamura yesterday

I am sure Bobby wishes he was still in TNA

Poor poor James Storm

Just wait until they bring up Booby Roode as Umaga. Then we'll see who has the last laugh.

• Like 1

Apache Chief would not draw because people would get tired of the intergender matches with Giganta.

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Legion of Doom thing isn't happening

I'm guessing that DC Comics still claims rights to the name.  That explains the rebranding of the Legion as LOD 2000 because they couldn't trademark "Legion of Doom" back then and they can't do it now.

14 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Apache Chief would not draw because people would get tired of the intergender matches with Giganta.

If they went with the Young Justice version, where he astral projects his strengths, they'd be on to something.

Then again, he's an American Indian whose best friends are Black, Mexican, and Japanese.  Holy stereotypes, here we come! Because, WWE damnit!