DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Vdmt!, that was me. (patent pending, copyright, trademark, prior use, etc.) AJ as Lego minifig (EVEN THE BODY PROPORTIONS WORK) is truly my best idea in the FunnyBecauseItIsTrue department this year, Just imagine his little squinched up concentratin' face painted onto a rounded yellow brick: perfecto!

- RAF, needs to monetize this somehow...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, (BP) said:

I hope not. If AJ made one gay friend they might help him out with his hair. 

Between that unfortunate haircut and his awful beard that struggles -- and fails -- to hide his double chin, AJ definitely needs a some "queer eye" assistance.

10 hours ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

I actually had a dream last night that EC3 was wrestling in NXT as Bony Carter.  He had his bad curls back and was wearing some white Sabu style pants.

But him as Brony Carter doing a Brony/Shoney Carter gimmick = gold jerry

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Has Nakamura ever faced KENTA?

Not that I know of.  My first thought when Nakamura joined up with NXT is that it would finally have a chance to happen.

I'd assume it at least can be pieced together fairly well given the draft:

Hideo Itami got attacked at the May 2015 Takeover and no one saw it.

The same night, Samoa Joe debuted and made it clear he wanted the NXT Championship against Kevin Owens. Balor eventually won the belt, then Joe tried to ally with him before turning on him for the title.

If the draft likely takes Balor and Nakamura, it wouldn't take that much retconning- heck, it'd make PERFECT SENSE- to say "Samoa Joe was the one who attacked Hideo Itami to get him out of the title picture and make an immediate place for himself there". Instant "next feud.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cyanide said:

Not that I know of.  My first thought when Nakamura joined up with NXT is that it would finally have a chance to happen.

Quick search has revealed this (thanks to genickbruch.com):

NOAH Summer Navigation 2013 - Day 4 [Naomichi Marufuji 15yrs in Pro-Wrestling]
24. August 2013 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Tokyo (Japan)
KENTA and Takashi Sugiura beat Shinsuke Nakamura and Naomichi Marufuji (20:39 Minuten) [Naomichi Marufuji 15th Anniversary Match]

That's most likely the only instance they ever were in the same ring together. No Idea if it made tape and if it's around anywhere to watch.
(Also lol @ this being Marufuji's 15th anniversary match and him losing the match).

9 minutes ago, The Z said:

Quick search has revealed this (thanks to genickbruch.com):

NOAH Summer Navigation 2013 - Day 4 [Naomichi Marufuji 15yrs in Pro-Wrestling]
24. August 2013 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Tokyo (Japan)
KENTA and Takashi Sugiura beat Shinsuke Nakamura and Naomichi Marufuji (20:39 Minuten) [Naomichi Marufuji 15th Anniversary Match]

That's most likely the only instance they ever were in the same ring together. No Idea if it made tape and if it's around anywhere to watch.
(Also lol @ this being Marufuji's 15th anniversary match and him losing the match).

Good find!  I was thinking singles matches, but had no idea this happened as well.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17wa92_kenta-takashi-sugiura-vs-shinsuke-nakamura-naomichi-marufuji-noah-8-24-13_sport

• Rev Ray unpinned and locked this topic