DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

About that digital network...

The network would give subscribers a chance to see all of these events live, or at their convenience with a video-on-demand component which would allow them to watch the show in its entirety, or pick specific fights from the show.

/snip/

There will also be a video-on-demand component that will allow subscribers to watch thousands of hours of archival programming from the UFC, as well as other videotape libraries the company owns, including Strikeforce, WEC, Pride and WFA.

That'll do. 

Between the Pride-Strikeforce-WEC libraries  and the WWE Network going digital, I might need to start seriously thinking about a laptop and wireless setup

They own the WFA library also while it's only a few events total it's still a few more events they can show on the network.  I would hope that you could watch all of the pre and post fight press conferenes, weigh ins and all of that jazz on this network also so you don't have to worry about being at home in front of your TV to watch FS1 or FS2 to watch those things.

Georges St-Pierre is holding a press conference this week (Dec. 13) to announce his future.  So...retirement?  Not sure why he'd hold his own press conference to say he's still fighting.

Well it's not a press conference or even HIS press conference. It's some media event at a ice skating ring in Quebec City.

UFC just signed basically the entire Invicta Strawweight division for TUF Season 20 which will crown the first strawweight champion. Carla Esparza, Joanne Calderwood, Felice Herrig, Tecia Torres, Bec Hyatt, Rose Namajunas, Claudia Gadelha, Juliana Lima, Emily Kagan, Paige Van Zant, and Alex Chambers. Wow, a lot of my favs in there.

• Like 1

FOX Sports Live @FOXSportsLive 1m

BREAKING: Per @arielhelwani new @UFC Strawweight Fighters will get paid at least $32K each before entering octagon, the champ will get $40K.

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani 4m

So they will get 32k just to sit on the sidelines. Some were making as little as $1k/1k. As for the champ Carla Esparza

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani 3m

The Invicta 115 champ Carla Esparza will get $10k/10k TWICE before TUF 20, too. So 40k before ever fighting in the UFC.

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani 3m

More from my @foxsportslive report: Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta have a call scheduled with GSP tomorrow to discuss his future.

Claudia Gadelha!

My pick to win.

She would be odds on, but she cuts a TON of weight to make 115. Don't know if she can do that four times in six weeks and stay healthy.

Earlier this week she got in a twitter fight with Carla Esparza & Felice Herrig about it