DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

Tiger really needed to play that up some more. "Huh, Andre just got slammed by a guy half his size. Now there's something you don't see everyday."

2 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

I'm at least 100 pounds lighter than Freddy Funk, Sweetser. Ouch. :'(

That's not what I meant, honest.  More that the delay in the suplex reminded me of time standing still before Freddy finally lawn-darted straight down...we thought the show was over for sure.  Thank heavens he got up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Good job Daniels...

Jesus...

I'm not sure how it's supposed to be his fault; the recipient of the move is essentially doing a backflip like when you counter a belly to back suplex and land on your feet.  If I'm tasked to blame anyone, I'm blaming the guy who is over 50, not as light or spry as he used to be, and maybe can't go up for moves like he could in the old days.  But who knows?  Maybe Kazarian didn't push him enough to get him through the rotation.  Maybe Liger had a brain fart and thought he was being suplexed the same way muscle memory kicks in and guys tuck their chins on the Styles Clash.  Whatever, it's hard to assign blame from a 5 second gif.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Daniels was supposed to grab him for a face front back cracker. Daniels is supposed to grab Liger around the head/neck/shoulder area thus stopping his flip.

You can see in the clip that he was way too late in starting the move and Liger had nowhere to go straight down

But sure - blame the victim

I think you're wrong about that one...here's the actual move done correctly and Daniels barely touches the recipient's head/neck/shoulder.  They guy is just doing a backflip assisted by Kazarian:

If Daniels was out of position in this video, it's clear the guy taking the move would have landed on his feet or his chest.  It's pretty clear Liger just didn't get the rotation on it he was supposed to for some reason.  I don't want to turn this into Jim Garrison watching the Zapruder film, just saying.

The gif with Liger looks like an unfortunate accident. Daniels is doing his part of the move (which is almost nothing), but suddenly Liger hasn't rotated over like he should. It's the fault of all three, but Daniels is left in a bad position to even attempt to save someone if that move goes wrong.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Daniels was supposed to grab him for a face front back cracker. Daniels is supposed to grab Liger around the head/neck/shoulder area thus stopping his flip.

You can see in the clip that he was way too late in starting the move and Liger had nowhere to go straight down

But sure - blame the victim

Oh what the fuck, Rippa. It's not like people are saying "Liger was asking for it, dressed like that".

Anyway, yeah, I'm with Tecnico and Marty, here. Daniels' job is just to get under the other guy and back bump with his knees up. It seemed like Kazarian released Liger at exactly the same position he did the guy in Tecnico's video. The difference was that guy finished the rotation, while Liger dropped straight down. Maybe Kazarian didn't throw him hard enough, but it seems to me that Liger needed to finish that rotation and didn't.

• Like 1