DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: Week 1

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah, if Tomlin goes he will be the diversionary sacrificial lamb.  We aren't winning because of coaching, we aren't winning because we have an aging workforce with no RG3-esque young lions to lead us to a new era.  That responsibility lies at the feet of the GM.

Anything that Steelers fans say needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Hell, I saw a guy last season throwing Roethlisberger under the bus last season because he kept getting sacked thanks to his shitty O-line and had to force throws because they had no running game.

A number of times he would get sacked because he was looking for that best option and once you hit that 4th or 5th option with this shitty offensive line you are just asking for trouble. I have a feeling that is going to happen again this year and they have even less talent to work with. 

I still think the biggest problem is that you have an offense built for a team that doesn't have the talent.  Todd Haley is a 3 yards and a cloud of dust guy and we don't have a Jamaal Charles. Hell we don't even have a Peyton Hillis at this point.

I think some Steelers fans forget that during the Cowher era, the team missed the playoffs for three straight years and got bounced after one game in a few playoff runs. :

Cowher made the playoffs his first six years as a coach when the team he inherited from Chuck Noll had missed them six of the previous seven years. Tomlin inherited a team one year removed from winning a Super Bowl. He absolutely won with Cowher's team. Tomlin isn't a bad coach but he is basically George Siefert. And blaming the GM shows ignorance of the Steelers Way. Our head coaches get a lot of say in who's drafted. Several of the big busts we've had were supposedly Tomlin's guys. Not to say the GM is blameless. The team hasn't reloaded like they did in the past because so many of their high picks just haven't panned out. But to answer your original question, Tomlin isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future. They'd have to have 3-4 consecutive years of sub 7 win seasons before that would even begin to be discussed.

If anyone has any doubt about the long term impact of concussions, just point them to the video of Mike Ditka trying to talk during the pre show for Monday Night Football.

Nothing is worse than Adam Shefter trying to do the Ray Ray dance.  God how many times is that going to be shown. 

yeah this is pretty damn quick offense. The Skins are already gassed

How can tell if that was a backyard pass if it was tipped? 

That was Michael Vick-era Philadelphia Eagles football. They're afraid of the Red Zone.

New look. Same result.

Well, to be fair, "Getting fucked by an absolute horseshit call" isn't exactly the same result as usual.

I lost track of how many times I angrily switched from the Eagles feed to the RZC last year because a trip inside the 20 ended in zero points.