RIPPA

MM16: 1st RD - MAXIMO vs. MINORU SUZUKI  

78 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

MAXIMO (Sexy)

vs. Kamaitachi (Hair Match)

w/ Valiente & Volador Jr. vs. La Sombra, Marco Corleone, Rush

MINORU SUZUKI

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x38026h_minoru-suzuki-c-vs-takashi-suigura-noah_sport

vs. Takashi Suigura*

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3jvoo0_naomichi-marufuji-vs-minoru-suzuki-c-noah_sport

vs. Naomichi Marufuji

* - Indicates 1001 Matches selection

I changed my mind from my brackets in this one because when I actually see Minoru in front of me I have a hard time not voting for him.

I think it's because your caveman girlfriend in Farcry Primal has his haircut and it's subliminally fucking with me

I haven't voted, yet, because I'll have to watch me some Maximo first, but Minoru Suzuki was one of my favorites last year.

He actually dragged a good singles match out of Takayama in 2015, had an amazing MOTYC against Sugiura and was probably the sole reason to keep paying attention to NOAH at all.

• Like 1

God, what a year Suzuki had being the best guy in NOAH trying to act like he wasn't the best guy in NOAH.

I need to watch some more Maximo Sexy matches to make sure I make the right call.

Maximo had a really great period. Most underrated guy by internet fans in CMLL. Also, the only tecnico on the roster that's over as a tecnico?

Dragon Lee and now Marco again. And Atlantis. But id say maximo might get the most cheers in the building now.

I only have the weekly CMLL Azteca shows to go by, but I am always loving Maximo's matches.  He's got a helluva gimmick and the crowd loves him.  Suzuki is somebody I wouldn't want to fuck with and I like him a lot, but Maximo gets my vote.

And the notable thing aside from the match itself in the hair vs. hair is the one female fan who was flipping out over everything.  I don't know who she is but bless her for losing her mind.

I actually kind of like Maximo considering I'm generally a hater of CMLL.  I think he's a little too prone to go to the same places too often (kisses to end falls mostly) but he succeeds in making his stuff look pretty good including an awesome splat of a suicide dive that looks like it actually makes major contact.  I actually find the direction of CMLL to be insufferable as they cut from the action way too much.  Super fan notwithstanding, I don't need to see her between every move.   Suzuki is more my speed in general, I like his character and he projects it extremely well.  I think I'm going to vote Maximo regardless since I can stand to watch him and since he's on CMLL, he gets bonus points for overcoming the awfulness of the promotion.

I actually kind of like Maximo considering I'm generally a hater of CMLL.  I think he's a little too prone to go to the same places too often (kisses to end falls mostly) but he succeeds in making his stuff look pretty good including an awesome splat of a suicide dive that looks like it actually makes major contact.  I actually find the direction of CMLL to be insufferable as they cut from the action way too much.  Super fan notwithstanding, I don't need to see her between every move.   Suzuki is more my speed in general, I like his character and he projects it extremely well.  I think I'm going to vote Maximo regardless since I can stand to watch him and since he's on CMLL, he gets bonus points for overcoming the awfulness of the promotion.

I wish he had another 2-3 big transitions other than the second rope butt stop. I'll give you that.