RIPPA

MM16 1st RD - BIG DAMO vs. AERO STAR  

84 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

• BIG DAMO (DAMIEN O'CONNOR)
    • AERO STAR

DAMIEN O'CONNOR

http://youtu.be/KWdJVvNmtHw?t=12m40s

vs. "Bad Bones" John Klinger (starts at 12:40 if I didn't do the link right)

vs. Dave Mastiff*

AERO STAR

vs. Drago

w/ Australian Suicide & Fireball vs. Daga/Hijo de Pirata Morgan/Steve Pain*

* - indicates a 1001 matches selection

Damo does the big bully hoss thing better than anyone I can think of at the moment, directs crowds brilliantly and generally looks like a scary guy brutalising folk no matter their size.

Aero Star probably is a top 5 flyer, all his stuff looks amazing and he's a great desperate seller when he can be bothered.

I'm voting Damo, obviously, but someone should totally book this match in 2016.

• Like 3

As much as I like Aerostar, I feel there's better wrestlers from LU to support in this tournament.

Big Damo is just a beast of a man, liking his style.  And it helps Rippa put up him against Mastiff, can't go wrong with two big men beating each other up for our amusement.

Hi. I'm new to March Madness, and thought I'd explain at least one of my votes. That seems to be the proper thing to do.

My choice isn't a knock against Damo, I just really liked Aero's work in LU.

Let us not forget the incredible match Aero Star partook in during night 2 of BOLA: Aero Star/Drago vs. Fenix/Pentagon. Just 100% balls to the wall madness and I loved every second of it. I'm going to spend an hour or two watching Damo tomorrow before I vote. But I'll say that Aero Star is not right in the head, is a blast to watch, but I think could be way better. I don't know if he's capable of selling well enough to do what Fenix did throughout the Muertes feud, but I would've loved to seen him in that position or at least in Drago's role of getting secondary/tertiary feuds. Instead, he was thrown into spots where they could rely on him putting together fun but ultimately pointless matches with little to no story behind them. Hopefully he's featured more prominently in season 2.

I know Schneider and some hated his vignette in season 2 but I thought it was really fucking cool. I also got endless joy from him being a spaceship.

Edit: Also surprised that Aero Star is winning, though it's closer now than it was earlier. I thought DVDVR appreciated a good hoss above all else. How little I know. 

There's not a lot of good top-tier super heavyweights running around right now, and Damo's one of the top five there. 

Aero Star is one of the top five best high-fliers in the world, but there's so many GOOD high fliers that he hasn't really broken out of the pack (it was only recently that Aero Star has been anything more than a warm body on Lucha Underground.) 

Put those in mind, Big Damo takes it by a slight margin there.