DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

God what the hell happened to Tony Snell. He wasn't great, but he looked like he'd be a decent off the bench defender. Then this season started and that dude has missed more open shots than anyone in the league. I don't think that's hyperbole either, I think that's a stat somewhere. And worst of all his defense took a step back so now he's truly useless. 

Dougie has gotten a little better because of an increase in confidence, which has been a huge struggle for him. I don't think Thibs could have given him that. He's too soft that way. 

Ever since Pau Gasol joined something about this team has been broken. I don't know if it's actually his fault and I do like him, but there was a severe change in the way we played as soon as he came on board.

• Like 1

I mean something is fucked up about this team. That's for sure. I'll support them forever, but I'm not blind. They're so weird that they could turn it around and play decent basketball should they make it in the playoffs. IF they saddled up with Toronto they may flip out knowing they've got an edge. Maybe. Or they could suck the balls. The pendulum swings wildly with this team and that's frustrating. 

They're like watching TNA. Sometimes they're Austin Aries fighting for the World Title that one time and sometimes they're the masturbating midget in the can. So much potential on the roster to do something great annnnnnnd then what the fuck happened?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zimbra said:

The NCAA also put out a statement saying the law would jeopardize there being any future tournament sites in the state.

Man, fuck NC's government so hard.

I love seeing the responses like this from NC transmen...

script>

• Like 1

Charlie V has been complete dogshit all year, but really showed up tonight.  Can't wait for the league to apologize for all the no-calls down the stretch, that frankly probably cost us the game.  Loved the effort tonight with no Dirk or D-Will. Mavs played excellent against GSW three times this year, but they just have too much firepower.

8 hours ago, Greggulator said:

I didn't see the game but Kobe was a -44 in Utah's 48-point win. That sounds amazing.

That's what happens when Rodney Hood bangs 8 3s on you in the first half.  When Kobe realized he was in danger of losing his 3pt record he started face guarding him though.  They still continued to be blown out, but at least Rodney Hood stopped scoring.

Westbrook now has 16 triple doubles on the season! The Thunder are 16-0 in those games.  Simmons said last night that they are one of the most dangerous 3 seeds of all time and it would be hard to disagree.

2 hours ago, Jrag said:

That's what happens when Rodney Hood bangs 8 3s on you in the first half.  When Kobe realized he was in danger of losing his 3pt record he started face guarding him though.  They still continued to be blown out, but at least Rodney Hood stopped scoring.

Westbrook now has 16 triple doubles on the season! The Thunder are 16-0 in those games.  Simmons said last night that they are one of the most dangerous 3 seeds of all time and it would be hard to disagree.

OKC might be the only team in the history of the NBA to have two Top Five players and not considered the favorites to win the title. Or even expected to make the conference finals. Like... what do you do when you're going up against a team making a case for greatest of all time? And, even crazier, there's another team in between you who are also historically good? That's just so frustrating and maddening.

15 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Oh man... This is from the NBA's boxscore from Friday's San Antonio game:

17hl2yrjmo9bijpg.jpg

Apparently it's Pop having fun with Timmy. Love it.

That is from the 2012-13 season. Still.... a classic.