DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 9/5

Dark Match: Jay Bradley def. Michael Hutter (Derrick Bateman)

Taped for Xplosion: Kazarian def. Hernandez for 7 pts in the BFG Series

Taped for Xplosion: Eric Young def. Jay Bradley

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing September 5, 2013 from Cleveland, OH

*Bully Ray and the Aces & Eights promo. Bully complained about Hogan and said the Aces & Eights would take care of business tonight as Knux faces Sabin, Garett & Wes face the tag champs and Anderson would win the gauntlet.

*Knux def. Chris Sabin via DQ when Sabin used the hammer after taking it from Knux.

*Mickie James promo interrupted by ODB leads to a brawl between the two.

*Wes Brisco & Garett Bischoff def. James Storm & Gunner when Garett hit Gunner with brass knuckles

*AJ Styles wins the Gauntlet Match for 20 pts in the BFG Series, last eliminating Daniels. AJ Styles takes #1 spot in the BFG Series and gets to pick his opponent from the final 4. He chooses Austin Aries. So No Surrender will be Styles vs Aries and Magnus vs Roode with the winners facing off in the series finals.

*Sting def. Bully Ray via Scorpion Deathlock in a non-title no DQ match with Tito Ortiz banned from ringside. The Mafia and rest of Aces & Eights brawled to the back. Anderson was back out with the hammer but the ref took it and Sting got the win. After the match, Anderson berated Bully on the mic and said he'd be the Aces & Eights member that faces Bully for the title next week at No Surrender.

Tito was there at ringside, but Hogan ordered him to be kicked out.

Hutter, who is from Cleveland, was doing his babyface "USA Guy" gimmick that he tried to get going in WWE.

Magnus wasn't on the "live" Aug. 29 show, so it was a surprised that he was there for the taped Sept. 5 show.

Mr. Anderson with the hammer: He teased giving it to Bully, but then he "accidentally" tossed it to the ref.

I'm still trying to convince them to give me a Gut Check shot as an announcer, and I actually smuggled my #makeroom4Gorman to ringside and duct-taped it to the railing behind the announcers before they taped the Sept. 5 show. But the floor producer took it down before they filmed Tenay and Tazz.

And before you say they aren't doing Gut Check any more, remember that they still owe a Gut Check to that Bad Bones guy who won the online tournament. I can call his match and the judges can choose between him and me.

This was a show. There was almost nothing memorable about it other than how long it took for them to get around to doing the main event, and the match itself calling back to the PPV match. Anderson's announcement was also decent, but good God is he annoying.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/09/tna-impact-9-5-13.html

Screens -

Posted Image

#brookesass
Posted Image

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/vangoe3rh0af12v7emlfvqr6onxjmtih

• Like 1

Mickie James is awesome.

I have nothing else to say about the show.

Mickie was indeed awesome.

It was nice to see Mr. Anderson show signs of life for the first time in years at the end of the show. So did he just leave Aces & Eights or did we see him pull a Kevin Nash and plant the seeds for Aces & Eights Wolfpack.

The gauntlet had some wacky eliminations in there. Loved Aries entrance, running down with the awesome diving clothesline to Daniels/Kaz over the ropes. The final two made me realize that with the BFG Series getting shortened, they did not have to do Styles/Daniels one last time one more time. Looking forward to Styles/Aries II, great pairing. Mickie was great as usual, good segment setting up Mickie/ODB. Ending was pretty good, Anderson seemed as interesting as he's been in a few years, showing signs of the top guy he used to be in TNA. Tessmacher was great during that, freaking out covering her ears right next to them while Anderson yelled.

So, am I wrong, or did Bully Ray say that he and Aces & Eights "bang together".  Seriously.  I'm pretty sure he said that.  That could be an interesting swerve if they made Aces & Eights a gay biker gang and Sting is after them because he's Christian and wants them to pray the gay away.

Also, I can't begin to describe how off-putting Wes Brisco is.  It actually pains me to look at him.  Like, he comes out and I hold my hands in front of my face and peek between my fingers to make sure he's offscreen.  He's really, REALLY off-putting.

So, am I wrong, or did Bully Ray say that he and Aces & Eights "bang together".  Seriously.  I'm pretty sure he said that.  That could be an interesting swerve if they made Aces & Eights a gay biker gang and Sting is after them because he's Christian and wants them to pray the gay away.

That would be so much more interesting than what they're actually doing.

Finally finished this off...
-Opening promo I already touched on...so seriously, he really did say "We bang together" right?
-Knux-Sabin was nothing terribly exciting.  Sabin sure did not look like a former World Champ in there.
-Brisco/Bischoff-Gunner/Storm was pretty boring.  I find watching Brisco really, really upsetting.  And I think Bischoff might be improving.  He didn't look that bad here.
-The Gauntlet match was okay.  I REALLY wanted AJ to eliminate himself early on when he clothesline someone over the ropes.  I also love that Anderson took a relatively easy bump and turned it into something extremely dangerous by somehow falling backwards and hitting his head on the barricade.
-Sting-Bully was the best match of the night even though it was kinda sad and had something that absolutely irked me.  It was sad because Sting is just kinda sad to watch now, the way he comes out and keeps doing the point at the crowd (When that was actually an NWO signal that Sting co-opted when he joined the Wolfpac but now just looks like an old guy trying to be cool: "Remember when I used to do this?!"), back and forth and back and forth, with his generic Metallica knock-off music, his receding hairline and having to wear a t-shirt in the ring.  It's like that last stretch of Shawn Michaels where he was badly balding and still coming out to "Sexy Boy", look at Triple H cutting his hair, it's okay to get old, guys, just be graceful about it.  The match was fine with the brawling around the ring (Even, though, in truth the amount show was probably less than 5 minutes total).  But the part where they rip back the mat (I understand it was done before, this was my first time seeing it) was STUPID because it sends the message to the crowd: "You know when guys get dropped on the mat, it's padded, but if I drop him on the wood without the padding, it will REALLY hurt" basically undoing one of the basic tenets of pro wrestling: 'getting slammed in the ring hurts'.  It's maybe a small thing, but it really annoyed me, much like this show does.

I finally got around to watching this today on the ol' DVR, and it took about 15 minutes since I FF'd thru everything I didn't care about. 

Maybe it is just me, but when you call it a "Gauntlet", doesn't it imply a 1-on-1 match, and after a pinfall, another guy enters?  I mean, this was essentially a "Royal Rumble" style battle royal, which is nothing like a "gauntlet match"...

But the part where they rip back the mat (I understand it was done before, this was my first time seeing it) was STUPID because it sends the message to the crowd: "You know when guys get dropped on the mat, it's padded, but if I drop him on the wood without the padding, it will REALLY hurt" basically undoing one of the basic tenets of pro wrestling: 'getting slammed in the ring hurts'.  It's maybe a small thing, but it really annoyed me, much like this show does.

I don't see the problem.  Getting dropped on the mat hurts, getting dropped on the wood without the padding might end someone's career.  You can complain that it makes more sense to just do the move on the floor rather than take the effort to pull back the mat, but you can interpret it as showboating and wanting the fans to be able to see their hero being crippled.