DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-1-16

MGFanJay

Show dragged on, and "AJ's story" was something else. AFTER A LIFETIME OF BEING SHORT, THIS SHORT GUY, AND HE'S REALLY SHORT, MANAGED TO DO WELL AT FOOTBALL AND THEN DID STUFF, AND ACHIEVED HIS DREAM OF BEING IN THE ROYAL RUMBLE despite being short. He's also a redneck rookie. Dean and Brock's stuff was quite good, so hopefully we get a one on one match between them - Dean shined as being a far bigger deal than Roman, and better, but seems destined to job at Fastline. Steph's promo on them seemed to nix any thoughts of a heel turn at the PPV, which is good and New Day led a Bullet Club shirt-wearing kid in a dance in one of the show's few highlights.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/02/wwe-raw-2-1-16.html

Screens - 

e459e2462839675.jpg 

bf8a31462839670.jpg 

0a45ee462839903.jpg 

ad2bf5462839991.jpg 

a1b264462843515.jpg 

AJ on SmackDown - welcome home, rookie redneck!
473dc5462847755.jpg 

8c7fcb462853537.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ddy06pzjaii2ajczi2l1wvdfxr776hfk

- Kevin Owens who was supposed to be getting ready to feud with Zayn, Styles, and/or Brock Lesnar or like five other great things is beaten cleanly by Dolph fucking Ziggler and that's what he's doing now.

- The Wyatts who were supposed to be getting elevated for some big thing and Mania and were just sticking it to HHH are now being beaten clean one at a time by Big fucking Show and that's what they're doing now.

- The women's champion who was supposed to be having basically the only feud I cared about with Sasha Banks gets pinned clean by Brie fucking Bella and apparently that's what she's doing now.

- Donald Trump who was supposed to be feuding with Bernie Sanders gets pinned clean by Marco Fucking Rubio and so I guess we're going to war in Estonia.

amazing.  

There's truly nothing they can't fuck up.

I'm amazed they didn't announced they were replacing Edge and Christian on the Edge and Christian show with Matt Striker and Taz.

• Like 14

Not a bad show. Thought Miz did a pretty good job and the fans got behind AJ. I mean, it's fucking Miz talking shit to you and getting his ass beat, not HHH towering over you before hitting you with the Pedigree. 

Gotta think they're eyeballing AJ as their new Bryan. He can be the upper-midcard/main event workhouse. 

Brock is slowly becoming diminishing returns. Heyman has now cut the same promo for 3 years, too.

• Like 2

Whether it's Clinton/Sanders or Owens/ziggler...  I don't like 50/50 booking. 

I also hated the Miz TV with AJ.  Yes, AJ kicked his ass and no I don't think AJ was BURIED or anything like that but it's just boring storytelling.  I'm tired of the "small guy, indy darling" bullshit. It's a wack story line to say the least. Very uninspired. It sucks.

They couldn't think of another route to go then rehash the Daniel Bryan stuff?  Lazy.

Oh, this is also turning into of those deals where absolutely nothing seems to be building to a Roman win. No promo time, hidden from the show, doesn't really shine etc. etc. 

Of course, they did the same thing last year and pushed forward with him in the main event. 

I dunno...I really, really think we're gonna see a shift somehow. 

Miz's stuff tonight is proof that a supposed verbal burial is all in the delivery. Have HHH or Steph cut that promo and its another emasculating of a popular babyface to make the smug heel look right. 

Get an obnoxious undeserving chickenshit heel like Miz to do it and it gets a dead crowd chanting AJ's name in just a few minutes. 

• Like 6

Right, Miz is actually doing very well in his role these days. He has no credibility and is a blowhard yet is pretty fucking famous so the whole package works. Plus, it's not like this builds to a PPV match. AJ gets him on SD and either Styles Clashes him or, more likely, wins via DQ after Jericho turns*

*just realized that a Miz/Jericho heel alliance is exactly the type of trolling annoying heel shit the company would love to do. Can you imagine 15 minute interview segments of Miz/Jericho droning on about shit? No fucking way the company doesn't embrace that. 

Are you all no selling the GRAMMY award winning tag team of the year, The Usos???

Until reading the brief of Mulligan's illness, I thought the line the Social Outcasts used to cover Dallas's  absence was "Okay, they're taking Dallas out of the group after the Bo Rida stuff to turn him and D-Sizzle into a low-card team of goofy white rappers"...does that count for Grammy- stuff?

- Kevin Owens who was supposed to be getting ready to feud with Zayn, Styles, and/or Brock Lesnar or like five other great things is beaten cleanly by Dolph fucking Ziggler and that's what he's doing now.

All of you brought this on yourselves for making me go at the Dolph conversation alone in the last RAW thread. A plague on all your houses. A plague that's here to show the world.

• Like 2

I almost posted last week how great the Sasha/Charlotte feud could be "as long as they don't find some stupid reason to stick a Bella in it." I almost wrote that and stopped because why would I even worry about that?  Paranoid much?

Now a week later and there's just a Bella in it.  Only a Bella.  All Bellas all the way down. I guess this is Fastlane's fault?

The upside...we can start our "Sting" count on how many times Becky gets turned on.