DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-25-16 - The Rock Returns and Saves WWE for One Night

MGFanJay

Kofi yelling GOTCHOASS at The Rock after Big E insulted him actually made me laugh the most in that whole segment. .

The Rock popped them mollies before this segment because the dude couldn't even stand there calmly. He was bouncing around on his feet like he really, really had to pee. That was entertaining just because it was different than everything else on these shows. 

Seemed like the normal post-2003 Rock to me. That's how he's been in all of his appearances since he left as a full time guy.

Yeah, he's definitely like that post-2003, but not to this extent IMO. 

Also, whoever pointed out Woods's "Did I do that?" after The Rock called Big E Son of Urkel was on point. 

I thought The New Day actually out promo'd The Rock there, and that's no small feat. 

Soon, they'll have someone superplex Jericho and they'll reuse the Big Show spot where the ring implodes and collapses.

Can you imagine Chris Jericho vs. Chris Hero? The ring would probably implode, if those two super heavyweights were both just standing in the ring at the same time.

Natural Disasters 2.0.

Wish Becky and Sasha could have gotten more time, but at least the Charlotte run-in meant that Becky's not totally out of the picture yet.  Wouldn't mind seeing them get a decent chunk of time at Fast Lane while Charlotte sits back to see who her next challenger is (or just fights Paige again).

I think everyone is missing the real news which is Big Show is a babyface again. Selling The Rock's nonsense was his version of lighting the BBQ.

Ziggler is not in a good spot at the moment; Styles has come in above him and his act has become tired. I don't imagine his merch is a big seller. Owens beating him whilst hurt tells me who's likely to be in the Andre Battle Royal, and I'm not sure there's much to be gained by keeping him around.

I think everyone is missing the real news which is Big Show is a babyface again. Selling The Rock's nonsense was his version of lighting the BBQ.

To be fair, he could be a heel again by the time tonight's Smackdown taping rolls around.

I honestly lost track of who I was supposed to root for in the Paige/Natalya vs. Brie/Alicia match.

Just be happy the Total Divas stuff is being separated from the title feud for the time being.

Let's see...Paige said mean stuff about Charlotte's dead brother, but she's besties with Natalya and Alicia unfriended her and Charlotte's a meanie nowadays, but Sasha hates both Charlotte AND Becky(who we're supposed to like), but the Bellas are deserving of our sympathy since Nikki's getting neck surgery and Brie's husband is... *head asplodes*

Sounds to me like they're all just a bunch of crazy, unstable bitches.

Ziggler is not in a good spot at the moment; Styles has come in above him and his act has become tired. I don't imagine his merch is a big seller. Owens beating him whilst hurt tells me who's likely to be in the Andre Battle Royal, and I'm not sure there's much to be gained by keeping him around.

Going a little far, aren't we? Dolph is a former World Champion, solid upper midcarder, is *very* over, and at the very least could be valuable in getting others over (Breeze would have benefited from it if Vince hadn't pulled the plug on him). Just because his "I'm an entertainer" character is insufferable doesn't mean he couldn't be put to good use. They just need to give him something to do - turning heel and being AJ's first feud wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Going a little far, aren't we? Dolph is a former World Champion, solid upper midcarder, is *very* over, and at the very least could be valuable in getting others over (Breeze would have benefited from it if Vince hadn't pulled the plug on him). Just because his "I'm an entertainer" character is insufferable doesn't mean he couldn't be put to good use. They just need to give him something to do - turning heel and being AJ's first feud wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Ziggler is dead in the water and never coming back. He's so shitty now that vets openly shit on him and use him as the go to example of everything wrong with wrestling in the modern era. On WWE programming. 

Ziggler is dead in the water and never coming back. He's so shitty now that vets openly shit on him and use him as the go to example of everything wrong with wrestling in the modern era. On WWE programming.

Always a pleasure, stro, but you're wrong about everything and should shut up forever

• Like 2

I'm a big Ziggler fan, but tweets like the following one make it seem like Ziggler doesn't even give a shit himself anymore at this point and would rather pursue his stand-up career or anything else really.

Dolph Ziggler Verified account @HEELZiggler

Dolph Ziggler Retweeted William Carroll

Bro, being a Ziggler fan is sooo 2013! wear a Balor shirt or new day

You need to drop the attitude, uce. Dog Ziggler ain't and has never been shit. Will continue to never be shit. He's so ain't shit that people paid by WWE to talk about WWE on WWE programming shit on him. If you're expecting that dude to get a push again, you're watching the wrong show.

I actually think Ziggler would be about the easiest guy in the 'E in to book.  He's still super over, makes almost everyone he wrestles look good.  I'd go back to him doing the show-off entrance (complete with the swiveling Mr. Ass-ish butt thing) and talking about stealing the show, give him back the Sleeperhold as his go-to finisher, then I'd probably give him the Intercontinental Title and have him talk about how the Honky Tonk Man has the longest reign of all-time and that Ziggler is going to break that record and become the gold standard of IC champions (You could also look up who has the most IC title defences, and have him take aim at that record, as well).  Then send an endless array of heel challangers - Owens, Breeze, ADR, Rusev, Harper - at him and have him beat them all (Sometimes by count-out, sometimes outside interference, sometimes a shock roll-up).  Then you can either A) Have him get increasingly heel-ish and start to cheat to win to keep his title off young guys like Kalisto and other NXT graduates or B) Have heels come after merely to spoil the record-chase.  He's a perfect IC-Title level guy in that wrestlers rarely look poor against him, and beating him still means enough that he's a decent stepping stone for young guys to get their first big wins.  If you can't properly book a guy who's lost as much as Ziggler, yet still stays really over, that's on you, not on him.

• Like 1

That sounds...awful. Ziggler is best relegated to Superstars and Main Event, losing to people in matches no one watches. He's just a dude who then can throw out in long TV matches that go nowhere. He's a filler. And he's been that for 8 years now. He needs to move on. He's basically like Gangrel still being on TV every week in 2008.

• Like 1