DVDVR Message Board

2015-16 NFL Playoffs: Conference Championships

Dolfan in NYC

I'd be fine with them eliminating them all together. Just make it a 2pt attempt every time. Or make the TDs an automatic 7 and the 2 pointer worth 1.

That's probably the best option, just allow to take the point off the board and go for two if you want, otherwise an automatic 7. . . .

I'd be fine with them eliminating them all together. Just make it a 2pt attempt every time. Or make the TDs an automatic 7 and the 2 pointer worth 1.

That's probably the best option, just allow to take the point off the board and go for two if you want, otherwise an automatic 7. . . .

It's how Madden Arcade works.

Laughing out loud at the potential of a fake being brought up, yeah the 2 times a year it happened totally justified the other 750 plays where nothing can happen. I get some people have a fetish for hating kicking but this is beyond the pale.

The new rule is better in every conceivable way for professional football. I'm opposed to it in college because so many smaller schools have "a random engineering student" as a kicker. But at the pro level it's an excellent change.

Laughing out loud at the potential of a fake being brought up, yeah the 2 times a year it happened totally justified the other 750 plays where nothing can happen.

The new rule is better in every conceivable way for professional football. I'm opposed to it in college because so many smaller schools have "a random engineering student" as a kicker. But at the pro level it's an excellent change.

750 times of nothing happening is better than 748? Okay then.

Re: Extra Points, I would like to see the NFL just borrow from/devolve to Rugby:

conversions are kicked from the same angle as the try (TD) is scored.  So if you run it in up the gut between the hashmarks it's basically a straight-on shot.  But score in the corner and you have a super-sharp angle.

Denver can't capitalize. I think Pats still take this.

Denver has played a near-perfect first half on defense. But this is still going to come down to adjustments, and that's where Wade gets into trouble sometimes.

Sooner or later, Brady will get his. You can't turn them over and throw up three and outs, that's a killer and a half.