DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

How low will the WWE buy the library? 100k? 10k? Who else would even be interested in the footage?

Seriously fuck Dixie. Ever single problem with TNA leads directly back at her. From listening to people who helped sink WCW to the multiple email fiascos, it all goes back to her. The faster she's out of wrestling the better.

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

The library is a strange case because while the brand and the company is totally worthless, the tapes have probably increased in value in the last year with all of the WWE talent acquisitions. 

How so? They have tons of footage of WCW talent. The indy guys they could just buy indy footage from any number of other companies. Unless they're going to do something like "Unstrung: The Multiple Failings of Jeff Jarrett" what exactly do they have that WWE doesn't already have or can get elsewhere?

The Best of Samoa Joe could have his feud with Kurt Angle.

That's got to be worth buying out TNA's library for at least 5 bucks. 10 if Angle's going in the WWE HOF someday.

40 minutes ago, DTTW said:

How so? They have tons of footage of WCW talent. The indy guys they could just buy indy footage from any number of other companies. Unless they're going to do something like "Unstrung: The Multiple Failings of Jeff Jarrett" what exactly do they have that WWE doesn't already have or can get elsewhere?

Having almost all of Sting's complete career (ditto for almost all of the Hall of Famers that were there for a cup of coffee.) They'd get 10 years of AJ and Joe's careers. They'd have plenty of fodder for specials pissing on the angles and gimmick matches. It doesn't matter how much of it is garbage; it's content. 

2 hours ago, (BP) said:

Having almost all of Sting's complete career (ditto for almost all of the Hall of Famers that were there for a cup of coffee.) They'd get 10 years of AJ and Joe's careers. They'd have plenty of fodder for specials pissing on the angles and gimmick matches. It doesn't matter how much of it is garbage; it's content. 

Is anyone really longing for that footage given people didn't watch it the first time it aired?  Tons of other footage of AJ and Joe from companies they already have relationships with. Not like they want to offer up money to guys to put out material with them  if they aren't under contract or anything. 

Yeah, I assume they'll pick it up eventually, but it's going to be for pennies. They are the only people with a platform for it. Maybe NJPW if it gets it's network off the ground, but I doubt they'd want it. WWE can probably offer $50 and it's not like TNA would have much choice but to take it since no one else probably wants it. I can't wait to find out how low it goes for. It's going to be hilarious.

Looking for investors?  Doesn't there need to be actually something to invest in?  I think Dixie's idea of an investor is just someone dumb enough to come in and pay salaries until they run out of money too.

In all seriousness though, is TNA even salvageable at this point?  To me the TNA name is so damaged that it seems like anyone who would take it over would have to just rebrand it and start at the bottom.  It is not like they have a rich history at stake.  A history most would want to forget.

From the WON update today

Things at TNA are coming to the 11th hour regarding a deal. Obviously Dixie Carter is attempting to make a deal that will allow her to maintain a majority ownership but one way or the other much of the company will be sold.  There is one group that is the favorite to end up with the company but there is one more long shot play that is apparently still alive. The favorite group does have two people with wrestling experience with TNA among its key people. With TV starting Thursday, there is a feeling in the office that whatever goes down will be happening soon and that there will be changes made.

On 4/17/2016 at 9:09 PM, DTTW said:

Is anyone really longing for that footage given people didn't watch it the first time it aired?  Tons of other footage of AJ and Joe from companies they already have relationships with. Not like they want to offer up money to guys to put out material with them  if they aren't under contract or anything. 

Yeah, I assume they'll pick it up eventually, but it's going to be for pennies. They are the only people with a platform for it. Maybe NJPW if it gets it's network off the ground, but I doubt they'd want it. WWE can probably offer $50 and it's not like TNA would have much choice but to take it since no one else probably wants it. I can't wait to find out how low it goes for. It's going to be hilarious.

Some of the X-Division stuff is certainly worth having. While the company itself has largely been terrible, there are some moments in there that WWE could do something with. The Sting stuff has been mentioned but Christian's TNA run was also pretty good.