DVDVR Message Board

NCAA 2015: WEEK 13

RIPPA

Saragin rankings still puts Oklahoma over Baylor as the best win of the season (Sparty over Ohio and Clemson over ND are #2 and #3) and has Oklahoma over TCU as the fifth best. The computers would love the Sooners if they still mattered.

ND's biggest problem is that their two best wins are probably Navy and Temple. Who are both, while good, not Power 5 teams.

Sparty has, again by Saragin, the 2nd, 7th, and 15th best wins of the season, and will almost definitely go if they win out. I think ND is "team most likely to have a beef" right now.

Man, how do you place Iowa in the top 4 instead of Michigan State? Iowa's schedule is such a cake walk. I get that Michigan State will probably crack the top 4 if they win out, but man. ND I get being out of the top 4 and I had a feeling that would happen, but I was holding out hope they wouldn't move.

So it will probably take a blowout win against Stanford (not likely because VanGorder's defense sucks), a Clemson win and a Navy win for ND to get in, and even then, that may not be enough.

If I had to guess I think Alabama definitely wins their last two games so they'll be in. I have to believe Michigan St. will take care of Penn St. but if they slip up it'll be complete chaos.  But let's say Sparty wins, that pretty much makes the game with Iowa a quarterfinal right?  I think Sparty wins that one.  I could see Clemson losing to UNC because that's a very Clemson thing to do. Oklahoma could definitely lose in Stillwater.  ND and Stanford will be interesting.  Lots of football to be played. 

So here's the Florida scenario. I figured they would drop at least a couple spots. They end up dropping four spots to #12.  I still think if they beat FSU and then Bama they will definitely be in but I'm not sure they win either game. The only way SEC is held out of the playoff is if Florida loses to FSU and then somehow beats Bama.  Very unlikely.

In defense of the coaching staff, Elliott was sick all last week and nowhere near his normal self.

Ohio pushing Michigan around now. The lack of size and depth from the Hoke era is showing itself big-time today.

The difference in coaching at Michigan from last year to this is remarkable. They've gotten beat up today but they showed vast improvement in every area this year with a lot of the same players. With the recruiting classes coming in, the future is really, really bright at Michigan.

Coker is killing me today. Bama is very lucky he didn't throw a pick 6 earlier. This game would be even more of a shitshow than it already is.

I kinda wonder if Auburn gimmicked the field to mess with Henry. He's run for a lot of yards already, but he left even more on the field after slipping on the yucky turf.