DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

OK, yes or no question so I can keep as unspoilered as possible.

My purified water concerns as a member of the Minutemen have made me a decent chunk of caps. However, I've hit a patch in the game where it seems like I need to do the Brotherhood of Steel stuff. If I do start the Brotherhood of Steel stuff, does that screw me out of the stuff I've built as a MInuteman, like my vast water fortune?

Good. I like being the head of the Minutemen, but I'm running with the Railroad right now. In my mind, I'm gonna bring everybody together and we'll all sing "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" at the end of the game while we all drink a Nuka Cola, but I know that's probably not possible.

Blows my mind that I've been playing this game like a fiend for weeks now and am probably 25 percent done, maybe 30. All I know is a new Elder Scrolls game, whenever it comes out, is gonna be awesome.

So due to circumstances that are unimportant but involved the Railroad mouthing to me and the Railroad subsequently coming down with a terminal and collective case of 2076 World Series baseball bat to the skull, I failed the Burning Cover mission.  Is that it for me for the main quest?

• Like 1

I wonder what happens if you kill off the Railroad/Brotherhood early on and then kill Father in the Institute. Could you technically beat the game with only the Minutemen left standing or is the Brotherhood technically unkillable until the story lets you?

I wonder what happens if you kill off the Railroad/Brotherhood early on and then kill Father in the Institute. Could you technically beat the game with only the Minutemen left standing or is the Brotherhood technically unkillable until the story lets you?

I think rather than just going with the Brotherhood and continuing, I'm gonna find out. :)

I will rule post-apocalyptic Boston even if I'm the only one left in it.

• Like 2

Spent an hour this morning trying to follow the main storyline and get to Diamond City, but kept getting killed endlessly.  I'm staying the fuck away from cities for awhile.  Between that and pockets that are already completely full, I think it's back to start settlement building for the time being until I level up a bit more.

I also managed to already lose Dogmeat.  Tried taking him into the vault to retrieve the Cryo gun and he just disappeared.  No clue where he is now.

Since you haven't gone too far - just check back at Red Rocket

They tend to go back to where you found them.

Dogmeat has a large wandering radius - so he could be in the woods between Sanctuary and Red Rocket

Another option is he is stuck on something somewhere.

One time he got stuck on some stairs in an abandoned building and I had to use the go commands to get him loose

I've decided to take a break from Fallout 4 for a little while. I feel like a crackhead looking for a fix before I play. After an 8-hour gaming session, I feel shame because I accomplished nothing around the house.

The last straw was when I cleared out Spectacle Island. I told myself I'd play for a couple hours just to build up my settlement. Spectacle Island is HUGE. I made my own floating village in the sky due to the lack of large flat areas. Next thing I know I'm running late for work.

No withdrawals, shakes, or tremors thus far but I can feel the itch setting in already.

Found Dogmeat!

Randomly showed back up when I was clearing out Sanctuary.

I'm now the leader of the Minutemen because I have a hard time saying no to wandering, lonely soldiers.  I almost instantly regretted it as he started pestering me for help endlessly.

It warmed my heart when I left Sanctuary for a couple hours, came back and there was a pile of dead raiders right outside the bridge from my defenses,

I have really gotta put this game down until the (imminent) patch, because I'm just ab-so-lutely sick and tired of doing Minutemen missions. I swear, I do one because it says I'm gettting ready to fail on it, and I pick up three more, all of them repeats of ones I've done before. Then I have to interrupt them a couple of times because some settlement's getting attacked.

I guess it's a good way to level up easily, but I feel like I'm spinning my wheels.

Finished the Nick Valentine storyline. That was pretty awesome. Did Vault 81, too, which was pretty cool.

Decided to make a jaunt over to the Museum of Witchcraft. Decidedly less awesome, largely due to the Level 61 Deathclaw that was there waiting to turn me into shredded Vault Dweller.

How can you tell (on console) what level the monster is?

On the Yolanda "Kill Everyone" tour, I was able to take down everyone on the Prydwen and in Cambridge.. except Paladin Danse.  In classic movie fashion, he was on board a Vertibird that crashed into the Prydwen during my siege... but his body was never found, and he hasn't shown up since.

In classic villain fashion, I am assuming he died in the crash, as No One Could Have Survived That ™

Unfortunately, with everyone else dead I seem to be stuck in progressing unless I do more Minutemen quests and get more settlements.  I even cleared the Castle by myself (that Mirelurk Queen was a BITCH with just melee) but nothing doing - I did get an attaboy from Preston for doing it, though.

I'm thinking of starting a third character that'll basically become a ghoul - every radiation perk, plus eating people, and a hearty bit of Luck to go with it.  I really, really, REALLY love Mysterious Stranger.

As a quick aside, I haven't had this much fun with a game like this in ages - I've honestly never been a huge Fallout fan but this game has me hooked.  There's just so much to do and so many ways to do it and I know I haven't come close to seeing all of it.

As another quick aside, you were all correct - the World Series bat is awesome.  Sadly I never seem to hit them at the right angle to really send them flying, but it's satisfying to send a synth into the next room.

I really wish there was the ability to "name" your saves on PS4.  I have four or different save points corresponding to various "worlds" I've created based on what ending I've done. Gets tough remembering which is which and not saving over top of them. Definition of a first world problem, I know, but would be nice to have that feature.

Well - I take back the thing about the attacks on settlements not being bad.

I just had a dozen Super Mutant Warlords attack the Lighthouse

The war was so bad it locked up my machine (it didn't help that I had fucking 17 settlers there too)