DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

I think Techland did a similar deal with their Season pass price getting hiked for Dying Light, but at least like Bethesda they were honest about it.  I mean even now, fans still have a chance to buy into the Season Pass for Fallout 4 for the lower price if they want.  

I think if you build the teleporter with the BOS, that will lock you out of the Railroad as those two factions don't like each other. If you want to keep all of the faction quests open as long as possible, build the teleporter with the Minutemen.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't progressed enough to really lose anything, so I'll go back to an old save.

Actually, I take it back. You can build the teleporter with whoever you want. The real save point you want to have if you want to try all possible endings except the Institute one and keep the quests open is after the Battle of Bunker Hill. It doesn't matter what you do during the actual battle but you have to talk to Father afterwards. Antagonize him enough to get banished from the Institute and then go to the Minutemen. After that, you have to defend the Castle against The Institute. Don't want to spoil too much but from there you fight the Institute with the MM and will be on decent terms with The Railroad and BOS.

http://www.gosunoob.com/fallout-4/minutemen-faction-ending/

So weird thing happened. I traveled to Sanctuary only to find it under attack by super mutants, my siren running, and all of my settlers utterly destroying the super mutants. It was what I would expect a defend a settlement quest only I didn't remotely receive one. Even when I checked my quest log during the attack, there was nothing there. Whats more just talking to a random settler when it was over went into the usual successful defense dialogue.

Another little thing, just a couple days ago, Greentop Nursery was attacked. I got the defend notification, but I forgot about it somewhat and it ended early in a successful defense. I never actually went there and I was too far away from the area for a battle to start up. Not sure if these are glitches or if the defense setups are finally working the way they are supposed to. Really hoping its the latter.

Yeah, I just randomly go to settlements and find them under attack all the time. Outpost: Zimonja is under attack pretty much every time I go there.

I'm currently absolutely stuck inside some fish-processing plant. I keep going in circles trying to find my way out and I'm not really caring to keep trying. Buying that season pass was probably not a good idea.

Shit is always popping off at Hangman's Alley for me. Also, my settlers at Finch Farm and Country Crossing lose their fucking minds whenever there's a bloodbug hatchling or bloatfly anywhere remotely close to the settlement. All 20 settlers will mobilize and charge after the offending insect. I love the aftermath where they go, "so much blood, I think I'm going to be sick" and "it was either him or me, I had no choice" like they had a deep moral issue with using a Gauss rifle to kill a mole rat.

That is the Drive-In for me - mainly since it is just outside the spot where Super Mutants keeping spawning.

So anytime I go there - there is just nothing but Super Mutant Corpses laying around

That is the Drive-In for me - mainly since it is just outside the spot where Super Mutants keeping spawning.

So anytime I go there - there is just nothing but Super Mutant Corpses laying around

I left dead bodies around as landmarks in Fallout 3.  Left at the big pile of Raider corpses should be that place where all the landmines are.

Well, that was easy. Went to Starlight Drive-In, told one of my settlers to start a supply line with Sanctuary and another one to do one between there and the Castle, and the Castle has artillery now.

Starting to think I've put off going to the Glowing Sea for about as long as I can, unless I want to go back to Railroad HQ and get quests from P.A.M.

I only ever get minor things like a deathclaw or a bug. I have turrets at all four corners of the Drive-In so I never have to really do anything there. What I was talking about was more half a dozen or more enemies invading Sanctuary w/o any sort of defend the settlement warning. I've never really had that happen before.

I left dead bodies around as landmarks in Fallout 3.  Left at the big pile of Raider corpses should be that place where all the landmines are.

I so wanted to do things like this, but I've heard talks of mines warping and settlers, provisioners, & caravans setting them off and dying/turning hostile as a result. It annoys me as I really want to make a minefield for several of my settlements.

Had one settlement quest where I had to rescue a kidnapped wife from Fanueil Hall. Went back to Sanctuary, told Garvey, another settlement blah blah.

Finish my conversation with him, set my controller down so I can go use the bathroom, and when I come back, I suddenly have three settlements that need my help. Dude's giving me shit to do when I'm not even paying attention.

The amount of Garvey memes I've seen around amuse me. I haven't actually had a big problem with him. In particular ever since the last patch, he stopped giving me missions. Now I only get them if I listen to Radio Freedom, and even they are toned down a decent bit.

So I bought this for XBone. I get it tomorrow. 

I have it for my PC but my PC is a pos and barely runs good when there is lots of explosions and such. I explored some of the western part of the map but quit the game when I went into Boston as the game would freeze up on me. Excited to play it again tomorrow!

The amount of Garvey memes I've seen around amuse me. I haven't actually had a big problem with him. In particular ever since the last patch, he stopped giving me missions. Now I only get them if I listen to Radio Freedom, and even they are toned down a decent bit.

You can turn off the radio transmitter at The Castle. That's how I stopped all of those incessant missions.