DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

This is still a really good game, and I plan on finishing it, but it really occurred to me yesterday just how samey this game is.

I finally broke down and joined the Brotherhood and immediately got sent on a freakin' fetch quest - kill more super mutants, grab object, return object - and it occurred to me that there's probably just a whole bunch more of that in my future in the Brotherhood. It's like I'm wanting to rush to the ending of the game, considering how interested I am in the storyline at this point, as opposed to wanting to draw it out and make it last.

I could probably go the rest of my life without killing another super mutant. Crazy how much trash they talk only to be on the wrong end of an asskicking all the time. "Puny human, you hit like a radroach" (dies)...

I am debating how much more of the Railroad quests I want to do before finishing the game

I have done through Randolph 3 but I haven't triggered Randolph 4

I guess I have to do the stuff for PAM

And what is interesting is that the BoS is still cool with me but none of the guys will accept stuff like documents or blood samples (I am assuming this is a glitch) but it does appear I won't be able to get Danse's perk

I have so many combat related perks at this point that I don't think I'll even notice losing the auto headshots.  I have almost endless criticals, and I can now hit criticals  through walls at times (Stout, you can guess what I mumble to myself every time I pull that off).  

I've pretty much broken the game with how it's set up now.  I one shotted a behemoth over the weekend with a .45 combat sniper.  Last mirelurk queen I ran into died from half a dozen free aimed shotgun rounds to the body.  Most of my injuries come from splash damage after I shoot something with my explosive shotgun at too close a range.

I did run into a gunner that had a skull by his name over the weekend.  Would've loved to see what rank he was.  Didn't do him any good, though.  Six sniper rounds to the head finished him before he could get a shot off.

• Like 1

I finally took the awareness perk just so I could see the type of folks I am facing.

I feel bad for the poor poor Level 1 Raiders that are still hanging around Corvega.

I am still a good 40 levels over everyone I face but every once in awhile there will be a Gunner who will be the same exact level I am.

Do you have to do all 3 levels of awareness to get that, or just one?  I'd love to know the level on that damn suicider outside Medford hospital.  Fucker regularly survives 3-4 critical headshots from the same gun that one shotted the behemoth.

I've been spending all my perks getting my endurance high enough to eat people.  Only half a level left to go, then I can move on to other perks.

Do you have to do all 3 levels of awareness to get that, or just one?  I'd love to know the level on that damn suicider outside Medford hospital.  Fucker regularly survives 3-4 critical headshots from the same gun that one shotted the behemoth.

I've been spending all my perks getting my endurance high enough to eat people.  Only half a level left to go, then I can move on to other perks.

I think Awareness is only a one-level perk.

I think Awareness is only a one-level perk.

Thanks.  Looks like you're right.

I even cleared the Castle by myself (that Mirelurk Queen was a BITCH with just melee) but nothing doing

Holy shit. What level were you and what equipment did you have?

The first time I went there, I had power armor and mini nukes and still barely survived.

The second time, I put the mission off until I was level 20-something and found a missile launcher. It was still tough. I can't imagine melee only, and melee is mostly how I play until shit gets thick at times.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention this.  Having weird issued with catching a ride in Vertibirds.  

I'm still good with all the various groups, but my settlements go completely apeshit and try to shoot the damn things down any time I catch a ride on one.  I use em to carry giant piles of crap I've picked up back to Sanctuary to deal with.  Last two times I flew in there, everything opened up on us full force.  I've got a dozen turrets on the roof of my house there, and I thought for sure they'd shoot us down.  All my companions are there now, and they were all charging after it.  Curie ran past in a sequined dress that she's decided is hers permanently now.  Even Buddy tried to chase after the fleeing vertibird, which was cracking me up.  I was hoping he'd start chucking beers at it.

• Like 1

Did Human Error last night. That was one of the more interesting quests though I wish I had done it earlier as those poor bastards don't remotely level scale. On the other hand, they had it coming.

So any noteworthy changes so far after the last patch for anyone? I know its nice to finally know what settlers are assigned to what for me. I also able to turn in three quests to Preston w/o him giving me anymore immediately. I've heard of at least two new post game quests coming from him that sound fun.

The only thing I noticed was McGready's perk being fixed. But the only thing I did was going to kill a corsair that turned into a shit show.

It ended up being me and Curie vs. Corsair and synths vs. Super Mutants vs. A Mr. Gutsy vs. bloodbugs

I am debating how much more of the Railroad quests I want to do before finishing the game

I have done through Randolph 3 but I haven't triggered Randolph 4

I guess I have to do the stuff for PAM

And what is interesting is that the BoS is still cool with me but none of the guys will accept stuff like documents or blood samples (I am assuming this is a glitch) but it does appear I won't be able to get Danse's perk

You haven't done anything for Pam yet? Doing a couple quests for her allows you to modify clothing to make it armored. I've currently got a military jumpsuit armored (110 protection against damage) on underneath all my combat armor. Needless to say it takes a LOT to bring me down.

PAM is locked from conversation with me.  I'm supposed to talk to her about this Courser I've got to kill, and it says she's locked down for security reasons.  I think I went too far along on the railroad questline without doing side quests.  I did do all of the Randolph ones, at least.

Didn't play much yesterday, but I did manage to unlock the cannibal perk, so raiders/gunners/etc are now on the menu.  The animation cracks me up, especially the little belch at the end.  Strong likes it when you eat people, so I'll probably max him out just by devouring my victims.  Definitely gonna eat the entire brotherhood of steel when it comes to dealing with them.

The only thing I noticed was McGready's perk being fixed. But the only thing I did was going to kill a corsair that turned into a shit show.

It ended up being me and Curie vs. Corsair and synths vs. Super Mutants vs. A Mr. Gutsy vs. bloodbugs

that's always my favorite part of Fallout games, when you get surrounded by all these disparate groups and emerge as the last one standing.

I think that's what happen with me and BOS - I don't think I can do anything further with them until I complete the main game.

So it sounds like the same applies to you and PAM.

Only reason I haven't finished the main quest is because it seems the final mission/quest requires more of a time investment than I have had on the evenings.

So I guess will just do some random exploring and Minutemen stuff until this weekend.

I even cleared the Castle by myself (that Mirelurk Queen was a BITCH with just melee) but nothing doing

Holy shit. What level were you and what equipment did you have?

The first time I went there, I had power armor and mini nukes and still barely survived.

The second time, I put the mission off until I was level 20-something and found a missile launcher. It was still tough. I can't imagine melee only, and melee is mostly how I play until shit gets thick at times.

It took a few tries - I used my power armor with a melee-heavy build that had a built-up bat with blades.  Went in heavy on Blacksmith for melee weapons and it paid off. 

I *did* get lucky and was able to run inside the battlements and got into a spot that it had a REALLY hard time fitting into.  In addition, I had skipped the earlier missions to level up before getting there, so it's possible that the Queen was a lower level than it would've normally would be at that point.

Okay - this really is some bullshit

So I had two Minutemen quests laying around - I did the both and was like "Oh good - now I will see the patch in action and Preston will leave me alone"

Nope - turned them in and he immediately told me about another settlement.

But my bigger issue was that when I showed up to turn them in when I first talked to Preston it started Defend the Castle again.

And the info says this time it is Raiders attacking

Fuck that noise

Okay - this really is some bullshit

So I had two Minutemen quests laying around - I did the both and was like "Oh good - now I will see the patch in action and Preston will leave me alone"

Nope - turned them in and he immediately told me about another settlement.

But my bigger issue was that when I showed up to turn them in when I first talked to Preston it started Defend the Castle again.

And the info says this time it is Raiders attacking

Fuck that noise

I did notice that I've gone an awfully long time ignoring the two repetitive quests I got from Preston and the game hasn't fussed at me to finish them yet. Maybe that's the difference.

PAM wants me to go around offing Brotherhood folk even though I don't really have a beef with them at the moment.

Finally finished up maxing out Strong's affinity.  His comments while I ate raiders were pretty good - "That one looks a little stringy."  

I don't think they fixed shit on the Minutemen missions.  I'm still getting em all the time, and I failed one tonight because I didn't progress it in time.  I did get a new kind I'd never seen before, though.  Garvey sent me to Nordhagen Beach to defend it.  The mission showed up under its own headline, rather than under miscellaneous.  I had to talk to a settler like usual, then the gunners attacked.  There were all of 3 of em.  I dunno if that's new, or if I've somehow just never got one before.