DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

Now that I've gotten all the perks I use either Piper, Codsworth or Dogmeat. Piper has an entertaining personality, Cidsworth is a wrecking ball and Dogmeat is the only one who isn't a judgmental prick sometimes.

I've used everyone but Danse (haven't moved forward with the BOS yet) so far to get their perks. Right now I'm working with Deacon. After him is Curie or Strong. I probably used Piper, Cait, or Nick the most so far.

I loved and left Cait after I got tired of hearing her badger me over my junk-collecting habit - I know what I'm doing, dammit. I figured Piper would be a fragile flower, but she's tough, and she's a lot more accepting of my junk collecting.

I just recently bumped into Strong, and I didn't think about it at the time, but he really needs armor, badly, and is pretty much useless without it. I'd saw Codsworth chew up some littler critters, but figured he'd fail against a larger foe, but I could have been wrong. May have to ride with him again soon. That voice, though...

Strong was pretty good when I last used him. Of course he was completely armored up and had nice assault rifle. He has good durability compared to the other companions and a lot more carry weight. I'm only annoyed he can't use a Gatling laser which makes no sense seeing as how it was a Super Mutant weapon in FO3.

Strong is irritating since he hates lockpicking and hacking. God dammit man - I am making our lives easier!

FINALLY got McGready's perk last night. So gloriously broken.

Need to still get Hancock's, Strong's and Codsworth's

EDIT - oh and Danse's but I am hesitant on his because I don't know how deep I have to go with BOS to unlock it

100% with valentine...he's just so likeable and a decent shot.

Agreed. Lost him for a bit because I dismissed him at a bad time in the storyline (wasn't sure how he'd react to me doing the first mission with Danse to introduce you to the BoS), not knowing that he'd move on to the next quest objective without me, so I actually ended up advancing the story before I intended to just to get him back. Before I found him, it was Codsworth, who is indeed a wrecking machine at times. Unfortunately, he's also physically larger and will be in the way damn near constantly, so once I unlocked his perk, I decided to roll around with others.

Sounds like I should hang out with Maccready for long enough to get his perk, at least. I suppose I can suppress my natural video game boy scout instincts long enough...

Strong is irritating since he hates lockpicking and hacking. God dammit man - I am making our lives easier!

FINALLY got McGready's perk last night. So gloriously broken.

Need to still get Hancock's, Strong's and Codsworth's

EDIT - oh and Danse's but I am hesitant on his because I don't know how deep I have to go with BOS to unlock it

You can "farm" Danse's likes and loves pretty easy. He likes any sort of crafting and entering and modifying Power Armor. He also likes it when you do those Minutemen quests for settlers. He doesn't like chems or saying anything positive about synths.

I know what to do for each person

With Danse - you can't advance his infinity past a certain point until after a specific mission. That was what worried me was that that specific mission for beyond the point of no return (but it doesn't seem to be)

Hancock I generally take when doing the Minuteman quests since he likes it when you accept folks requests for help.

He also likes it when you build shit in the nude so I spend a good bit this morning building a library and dumping all my magazines onto racks

Danse can be safely done without reaching the point of no return, assuming you're in good standing with all 3 factions when you go visit the Institute the first time.  After that, you have to do 1-2 more main Brotherhood missions before you get the one that allows you to max Danse.

I maxed out Curie last night.  I'm trying to keep all the people I'm sleeping with in different settlements, which is starting to get complicated.  Started back on MacCready now.

I keep all of them at Sanctuary so it's fine because when I sleep - I never know which one is going to end up in the bed.

Of course - one time I woke up and Sheffield was in the bad and I was all WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?

• Like 1

100% with valentine...he's just so likeable and a decent shot.

I love Valentine. I only wish they gave us more detective quests with him.

Hancock I generally take when doing the Minuteman quests since he likes it when you accept folks requests for help.

Oddly enough so does Strong. Its the only thing I can really do to raise his affinity at the moment.

I keep all of them at Sanctuary so it's fine because when I sleep - I never know which one is going to end up in the bed.

Of course - one time I woke up and Sheffield was in the bad and I was all WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?

saturday-night-live-news-akroyd-curtain-

Rippa, you ignorant slut.

No  tattoos, sadly.  I'm making do with making her a goth.  Maybe somebody will make a mod with decent tattoos that makes it to xbox.

Quick side story from The Tales of the GTA 5 Thread™.   Me, jstout, Robert, and melraz09 played together quite a bit. One night, we're playing GTA heists together, and I forget to mention to everyone that my 68 year old father is in town and decided to watch me play the game. We're doing a heist, and during the intro, our characters walk into the room to plan the heist. There we are - a bunch of dudes - with our female characters about as naked as the game will allow, and Robert's is tattooed up like Kat Von D. My dad just turns his head and gives me this look that I interpreted as - "I love you because you are my son, but I'm not real sure what the hell is going on right now." Had I been 13 and not in my 30s, I'm pretty sure we would have had some sort of talk.

I maxed out Curie last night.  I'm trying to keep all the people I'm sleeping with in different settlements, which is starting to get complicated.  Started back on MacCready now.

Look at Robert over here, pulling the old Zack Morris routine. I'll watch for you on Maury soon.

I haven't played much the last few days due to Storm whatever-the-hell (when did we start naming snowstorms??), but I am still struggling to romance Piper. Playthrough two, and about 70 levels between both of them, and I haven't even come close to romancing a single person. I am definitely not a wasteland Romeo.

• Like 2

His liver may be shot but apparently his reproductive organs are doing just fine.

I'm having way too much fun doing goofy stuff.  I'm building my own version of The Twins over the bridge in Sanctuary.  I just got my second set of power armor, so I gave the first one to Nick Valentine, who just got a major exoskeletal upgrade.

Also, a provisioner's brahmin fell from the sky, so that's something.

Right now, Nick and I are bashing through ghouls in armor.  He's like a slightly happier Kup.

I maxed out Curie last night.  I'm trying to keep all the people I'm sleeping with in different settlements, which is starting to get complicated.  

Come on man, it's a post nuke world. Do you think Piper, Curie, or Cait is gonna care that much if you find love in more then one place? Just find a way to make a bed for 4 and call it a day.