DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

Oddly enough, I think I've only killed one sentry bot the entire time I've played.  Not that I mind, of course.

Started a new game last night.  Plan is to only do enough to unlock some settlements, then just spend my time building my empire.

Good lord is that intro, up until the time you leave the vault, gut wrenching.  Doubly so if you've spent a significant portion of the last year swaddling your infant son.  Of course, it kinda falls apart as soon as you get out.

The important bit is - if you already bought the Season Pass, you are good.

If you didn't, you have till March 1 to buy it at $29.99

After that they are raising the Season Pass price to $49.99

The important bit is - if you already bought the Season Pass, you are good.

If you didn't, you have till March 1 to buy it at $29.99

After that they are raising the Season Pass price to $49.99

Yep. It's slow at work for me today as tons of people are out of the office due to the snow. Had some time to google Fallout 4 news and came across that link. Definitely will get the Season Pass soon. Will be fun to stage Deathclaw fights and have my settlers fight against Raiders.

I'm gonna waste way too much of my life trying to build a Deathclaw army.

Started a new game, and it's somehow broken everything.  First playthrough was amazingly stable.  I maybe had 3 or 4 crashes total, to the point where I was wondering if this was really a Bethesda game.  Second playthrough has gone full on Bethesda, though.  Tons of random stalls/freezes.  And now, I've hit my first game breaking bug.  I went to Diamond City for the second time, and got a stall during that event where the guy accuses his brother of being a synth before being shot by security. After the stall ended, everything seemed fine.  Everybody was still standing around, but I was able to buy stuff off a couple merchants. 

Went back later, and now nobody will have any conversations beyond being shocked over what happened.  Security guy was just continually unloading on what was left of the guy's body.  I tried moving the body, and that just caused the security guy to start shooting wildly.  Poor Moe Cronin got shot in the ass about 10000 times, but never seemed to notice.  From looking online, this appears to be a fairly common bug.  Unfortunately, the stability of the first playthrough made me overconfident, and I ignored the first rule of Bethesda.  I don't have any clue how much I'll lose, but it's a bunch.  Apparently there are some workarounds, so I'm gonna try that first.

I finally found the crashed Alien ship this morning and it dawned on me that early in the game when I talked about a great moment of chaos, what I thought was a Vertibird crashing turns out to be the Alien Ship.

It also meant that I found Oberlin Station too - I honestly thought I had found all the settlements. Guess not.

Thankfully this game is predictable since I went straight to Preston to get a quest and it was immediately to help out Oberlin Station.

I then went killing Super Mutants for them... and then my power went out.

So what's the easiest way to move junk from one settlement to another? I'm at the part where I have to build the artillery pieces for The Castle, but pretty much all of my stuff is sitting in the workshop back in Sanctuary.

Do you not have the local leader/supply lines set up?

Because that is the easiest way.

• Like 1

So what's the easiest way to move junk from one settlement to another? I'm at the part where I have to build the artillery pieces for The Castle, but pretty much all of my stuff is sitting in the workshop back in Sanctuary.

Do you not have the local leader/supply lines set up?

Because that is the easiest way.

I think I've set up one or two supply lines.

Honestly, I've put little to no thought into that aspect of the game. But I'll see if I can't find someone at the Castle to do that.

Yeah - if you have only a couple set up it might not be worth the hassle because you have to connect Sanctuary to the Castle (and I am not sure if you can do that directly. The journey might be too long)

If you don't do the local leader way - the other "easiest" way is to put on power armor and get Strong as your companion

That has the most carrying capacity and then just fast travel back and forth

Well, damn, guess I'm buying the season pass. Interesting stuff. Didn't think so many would be coming out and so soon. Wasteland Workshop does make me feel like we were cheated a bit though as it was likely the original purpose of Combat Zone aside from the settlement add-ons. On the other hand they said they would listen to what people want, and many were saying they would pay for new settlement content and Combat Zone returned. Why couldn't those bastards shut up? Some of it might have been free otherwise. Automatron sounds fun though. It was another thing I saw people requesting and its look like it will be an expansion of the world already there. Hopefully there are some new quest lines to go with it. Far Harbor sounds interesting. Hope we can bring Nick along as it just wouldn't feel right doing a detective case w/o him.

I finished the main storyline a few days ago (I didn't want to be pulled in all these directions for fear of alienating another direction, plus I could tell the Brotherhood stuff was going to be nothing but more fetch quests). I sided with the Minutemen, and it's been fun to watch the game change after my decision.

First thing I got sent to after that was a junkyard with about 250 badass super mutants with miniguns, one with the dreaded skull next to his description. I was like "super mutants? I got this ... them sumbitches got miniguns! Shit!" I don't understand how some of you guys play most of this game without the power armor. I only take my power armor off for one thing, right, Piper?

I play like an idiot. Basically - it's the closest playstyle to Allah Akbaring that the game will allow. I don't use power armor very often, and I've yet to put ballistic weave on my clothes on this second playthrough, but I still go charging in like Rambo's less mentally proficient little brother. I have a .50 cal sniper, but I suck at using it. I keep a laser rifle, a couple pistols, and a shotgun on me for times when shit gets thick, but I still run around with machetes and swords all the time. I set up my little purified water farm so I could save stimpaks. I'm currently carrying about 150 waters on me, and I pop them like candy mid-battle because I go into every fight trading licks like Rocky and Clubber Lang.

I finally found the Super Sledge that one of you talked about several pages back. I haven't used it yet because I'm constantly at my carrying capacity despite Strong Back and deep pocketed armor. That's my only complaint about the game - being encumbered every five seconds is annoying as hell.

I don't know if I screwed something up or what, but I can't find any Railroad missions now. I did one or two with them, and then I wasn't paying attention (because I was skipping through dialogue impatiently) and I accidentally agreed to build the Institute portal with the Brotherhood. I don't think I've messed up, but I sure as shit haven't seen a RR mission since then.

• Like 1

I play like an idiot. Basically - it's the closest playstyle to Allah Akbaring that the game will allow. I don't use power armor very often, and I've yet to put ballistic weave on my clothes on this second playthrough, but I still go charging in like Rambo's less mentally proficient little brother. I have a .50 cal sniper, but I suck at using it. I keep a laser rifle, a couple pistols, and a shotgun on me for times when shit gets thick, but I still run around with machetes and swords all the time. I set up my little purified water farm so I could save stimpaks. I'm currently carrying about 150 waters on me, and I pop them like candy mid-battle because I go into every fight trading licks like Rocky and Clubber Lang.

I finally found the Super Sledge that one of you talked about several pages back. I haven't used it yet because I'm constantly at my carrying capacity despite Strong Back and deep pocketed armor. That's my only complaint about the game - being encumbered every five seconds is annoying as hell.

Yeah... because you are carrying 150 waters which are a lb a piece.

Stimpaks have no weight

I don't know if I screwed something up or what, but I can't find any Railroad missions now. I did one or two with them, and then I wasn't paying attention (because I was skipping through dialogue impatiently) and I accidentally agreed to build the Institute portal with the Brotherhood. I don't think I've messed up, but I sure as shit haven't seen a RR mission since then.

I think if you build the teleporter with the BOS, that will lock you out of the Railroad as those two factions don't like each other. If you want to keep all of the faction quests open as long as possible, build the teleporter with the Minutemen.

I think if you build the teleporter with the BOS, that will lock you out of the Railroad as those two factions don't like each other. If you want to keep all of the faction quests open as long as possible, build the teleporter with the Minutemen.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't progressed enough to really lose anything, so I'll go back to an old save.

• Like 1

So, can I whine here about being late to the Fallout Party, and being fucking annoyed that my computer doesn't want to play New Vegas?  Was there something magical I'm missing?

EDIT: Found it, had ye olde missing a critical dll problem.