DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

Wow, I've had something that bad a Big John's Salvage where I was at so high a level every damn super mutant was a 70+ Warlord aside from a Suicicder and Brute. High Level Warlords are the only thing I feel I should probably wear Power Armor against.

The best part was I got the completed message and their were still 6 more guys to kill.

I think the crash happened when the vehicles in the area started blowing up thanks to my grenades

And I'm constantly accidentally shooting a settler while I'm not using VATS, which causes the settlement to turn against me, which causes me to have to roll back to the last save. I lost a pretty decent chunk of gameplay when that happened to me last night.

So after reading through this thread, I think I got super lucky clearing out Corvega at level 6.

I took the advice of clearing out all the outsider gunners before even going inside, then once I got inside I found a corner with perfect cover and just waited half an hour as guys would figure out I was there and blast them with my shotgun as they attacked me one or two at a time

Eventually I thought there was just one red blip left so I went looking for it, opened a door and there had to be like 20 dudes in there who immediately opened fire.  I accidentally tossed one grenade and ran for my life to another room when I hear this MASSIVE explosion followed by "Corvega Plant has been cleared".  I didn't even try going back in I just considered myself lucky and ran away as quickly as I could.

So after reading through this thread, I think I got super lucky clearing out Corvega at level 6.

I took the advice of clearing out all the outsider gunners before even going inside, then once I got inside I found a corner with perfect cover and just waited half an hour as guys would figure out I was there and blast them with my shotgun as they attacked me one or two at a time

Eventually I thought there was just one red blip left so I went looking for it, opened a door and there had to be like 20 dudes in there who immediately opened fire.  I accidentally tossed one grenade and ran for my life to another room when I hear this MASSIVE explosion followed by "Corvega Plant has been cleared".  I didn't even try going back in I just considered myself lucky and ran away as quickly as I could.

Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, perchance?

• Like 1

I almost wish I had never found out how beautiful explosions are in this game, because I find myself wasting the few grenades I find on piles of deserted cars whenever I come across them.

I almost wish I had never found out how beautiful explosions are in this game, because I find myself wasting the few grenades I find on piles of deserted cars whenever I come across them.

Have you found the bridge full of cars and mines yet?

Discovered that part of the reason I suddenly am getting all the big guns thrown at me is because I passed Level 60 (I'm 61) and it appears around 60 is when you get the toughest folks the game has.

Fucking Mythic Deathclaw

Edit - excuse me - level 65 seems to be the magic number. I'm 68

Discovered that part of the reason I suddenly am getting all the big guns thrown at me is because I passed Level 60 (I'm 61) and it appears around 60 is when you get the toughest folks the game has.

Fucking Mythic Deathclaw

Edit - excuse me - level 65 seems to be the magic number. I'm 68

Haven't run into one of those yet. I'm at levels 68-71 depending on what save I'm using.

Demolition Expert for the unique and legendary weapons with explosive capability.

The Mythic Deathclaw was the present I got at the Musuem of Witchcraft

That was the first time in a long while I felt the need to be cautious with a Deathclaw. I think mine was glowing mythic and level 80 or 90 something. It was the first time I think a Deathclaw actually took me out in the game.

Yeah - it would be nice if that patch hit

I did Defend the Castle and now am trying to figure out who of my surviving folks is assigned to what.

Granted I will miss McGready's horribly horribly broken perk.

That is why I will finish the main quest tonight

I don't mean to sound like an ass but I can't go back and read 46 pages to see if everything I am about to say has been said 100 times. My apologies :(

So I finally beat the game and felt like I could even go into this thread. I... liked it but there were definitely some issues. As I am sure as been mentioned, the Power Armor was game-breaking. I rarely even used it just because it made everything way too easy, I think only two parts I decided I needed it. I also thought the end game pushed you really hard to go in one direction, as I really didn't want to take that direction but I try to play games the first time doing what my character would do and it just pushed me too much one way so I went with the flow.

I already sold the game but I plan to buy it again when the super edition comes out next year, and pick a different path. Some of the side missions were really fun but I couldn't be bothered with building towns. I found it really really awkward and poorly done, people didn't stay stationed where I said to, salvage didn't appear in all towns when stored (they need to patch that), etc. So when I do my next play-through unless they fix that I won't even do as much as I did in that regard.

What struck me is how much of the game felt lifeless. I know that is kinda the point of Fallout but so many of the enemies were the same (I killed 1,000 raiders but didn't run into many radscorpions, etc.) and walking from town to town exciting things didn't seem to happen as often, it didn't charm me like Fallout 3. I had to really push through a few times because I did want to finish it. But it wasn't the GOTY entry I was hoping for.

I've never had a problem with stuff showing up from settlement to settlement (obviously after getting the local leader perk) so I'm not sure what you are talking about there

I mean if I store... wood in one settlement it wouldn't show up in another settlement. I'd assign people to the supply line, they'd happily go off but it never seemed to actually work correctly. But sometimes it would. It was just skitzo. Same issue like if I assigned someone to a shop, he'd man it for awhile, then suddenly be gone and I'd find the settler wondering around the village. It wasn't a huge deal since I never intended on building up lots of settlements, it just seemed more buggy than it should be.

I definitely had problems with the wandering settlers and I am hoping that the patch... that should have been out by now addresses that (since it will at least supposedly tell you what they are assigned to easier)

It is possible that you provisioners are dying, thus the supply line goes away, thus your wood wouldn't show.

I am not saying that is the reason but it might be possible.

It's funny - until you said the thing about the radscorpions, I haven't even realized that I think I only fought like 2 the whole game.

I definitely had problems with the wandering settlers and I am hoping that the patch... that should have been out by now addresses that (since it will at least supposedly tell you what they are assigned to easier)

It is possible that you provisioners are dying, thus the supply line goes away, thus your wood wouldn't show.

I am not saying that is the reason but it might be possible.

It's funny - until you said the thing about the radscorpions, I haven't even realized that I think I only fought like 2 the whole game.

I always give my provisioners great armor and guns.They tend to wander near places like Saugus Ironworks and Gunners Plaza. I set up a supply line from The Slog so I gave that guy a super leveled up Gauss Rifle and some armor b/c they try to kill him every time he gets close.