DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL: WEEK EIGHT

Dolfan in NYC

At the risk of playing Charlie Brown to Lucy's football, it does feel different now though. This isn't exactly the vintage Steelers and the Bengals offense is pretty scary.

Still, if the Steelers win on a butt fumble or something it's not like I'll be shocked.

The Steelers may very well have the best skill position players in the entire league, they just need Ben to get back to get them the ball.  Antonio Brown is essentially uncoverable, and Martevious Bryant looks like he could be an elite deep threat.  Le'veon Bell is probably the best back in the league right now.  If Ben plays this should be a very close game.

*Rock Bottoms Dolfan on a big pile of knives he just has laying around* I expect to be GM of the Cowboys within the week. Jerry's got that much faith in me to step down and give me the power. First thing I do is ship Greg Hardy off to some Japanese football league.

• Like 1

After Denver and Carolina, the Packers have 4 divisional games in a row. Is it possible to win the NFC North by week 13? How about Week 9?

I suspect they win both of those games - although I hope I'm wrong - so, week 10 or so sounds about right.

The Steelers may very well have the best skill position players in the entire league, they just need Ben to get back to get them the ball.  Antonio Brown is essentially uncoverable, and Martevious Bryant looks like he could be an elite deep threat.  Le'veon Bell is probably the best back in the league right now.  If Ben plays this should be a very close game.

Steelers offense - with Ben - is second to none. Their D has been better than expected. It should be close. Although word from the talking heads here is Ben is basically immobile which with our line is kinda scary.

The idea they need to win to stay in Wild Card contention is silly tho. To win the division, yes, it's must win but the AFC is so bad only like 3 teams (not counting division leaders) are .500 or better. I fully expect both AFC WCs to be 9-7 (if even) this year.

I'm not so sure I'd say it's "second to none" given how good the Green Bay, New England, and this year Cincy offenses are, but healthy, that Steelers team is loaded and can beat you in multiple styles.

The Steelers may very well have the best skill position players in the entire league, they just need Ben to get back to get them the ball. Antonio Brown is essentially uncoverable, and Martevious Bryant looks like he could be an elite deep threat. Le'veon Bell is probably the best back in the league right now. If Ben plays this should be a very close game.

Steelers offense - with Ben - is second to none. Their D has been better than expected. It should be close. Although word from the talking heads here is Ben is basically immobile which with our line is kinda scary.

The idea they need to win to stay in Wild Card contention is silly tho. To win the division, yes, it's must win but the AFC is so bad only like 3 teams (not counting division leaders) are .500 or better. I fully expect both AFC WCs to be 9-7 (if even) this year.

Oakland is either the first or second team out at 3-3, so that tells you how things are this season. It's a year early for the Raiders, but the league is bottom heavy this year.

I used to know someone through an old acquaintance who had no thumb on one of her hands, I had probably seen her several dozen times over the years as she went to my HS a year ahead of me and never noticed until I was told, that's how well she got at hiding something like that. Now, if you look at Larry McCarren's pinky finger you'll want to vomit. You can't miss it. it's bent like a V.

You've seen it, now you can't UNSEE it.

maxresdefault.jpg

You have a ton of money from all your years in broadcasting, fix your damn finger, you old goof.

CHARLOTTE – Defensive tackle Kawann Shorticon-article-link.gif is the NFC Defensive Player of the Month after recording five sacks and 19 tackles in October.  Short posted three sacks, eight tackles, one forced fumble and one pass defensed last week against the Eagles on Sunday Night Football.  A week prior at Seattle, he posted two sacks en route to claiming NFC Defensive Player of the Week.  The Panthers have claimed both NFC Defensive Player of the Month honors awarded this season, with cornerback Josh Normanicon-article-link.gif receiving the honor in September. Short is the 11th Carolina player to win the award but the first defensive tackle to do so.

Nevermind Defensive Player of the Week, all your Defensive Player of the Month are belong to us.

Strangely, I was just coming in here to post about Defensive Player of the Month, albeit from the other conference.

Charles Woodson, age 39. Fifth conference DPotM on his career, the second most in NFL history. Playing with a shoulder he separated in week one. Did I mention he's 39?

That montage of "New England school children" gushing about how much they love the Patriots makes me cannot wait until Brady retires/suffers a career ending injury and the Patriots go back to the pre-Parcells horribleness.

Kevin Harlan: The Patriots give up 56 points today and fall to 0-7, and this half-empty stadium tells you that the good times are definitely over for the Kraft family.

That montage of "New England school children" gushing about how much they love the Patriots makes me cannot wait until Brady retires/suffers a career ending injury and the Patriots go back to the pre-Parcells horribleness.

Kevin Harlan: The Patriots give up 56 points today and fall to 0-7, and this half-empty stadium tells you that the good times are definitely over for the Kraft family.

Your mouth to God's ears. . . . 

I hope they put on his HoF or Peyton's that Woodsen is the reason Peyton hasn't a Hiseman winner

I was saying the other day if him and Peyton both retire after this year, when they go in the hall, if I was Woodson, I'd bring the Heisman with me and just sit it on the podium. But he's probably a classier guy than me.

• Like 1