DVDVR Message Board

NHL - 2015/16 - Period 1

Dolfan in NYC

Our old buddy Evander Kane is in the Hockey News this week talking about how he asked for a trade every summer he was in Winnipeg, then expressing displeasure when the organization didn't have his back.

Apaarently playing the race card too.

Former Whalers coach who was the last in team history to make the playoffs in 1992 (granted the team only had 65 points and got in because they were in the same division as Quebec). They took the Habs to 7 games, and lost that game in double OT (longest game in the team's NHL history). Yvon Corriveau missing a wide open net in OT still hurts. RIP to the first Blue.

I will be surprised if Bruce Boudreau survives the week. Anaheim finally gets 3 goals but blows a lead and is losing 4-3. EDIT: And it's over. Ducks blow a 3-0 lead to lose. Forget the week he may not survive the next 24 hours.

I don't really think he's the problem but this is how these things always end. I feel bad for the guy.

Typical Flames this season. They outwork and basically beat the pants off the Senators for most of two periods, yet somehow only end up with a 1-0 lead. Then a bunch of weird shit happens, and the next thing you know, they lose 5-4 in the shootout. At least they're scoring some goals now, I guess.

Frolik managed to injure Hiller by launching Bobby Ryan into him. Probably not the smartest thing, but someone had to do something to end Hiller's reign of terror, so I'm okay with it. (Okay, reign of mediocrity is probably more apt, but still, something had to change. Hopefully this forces it.)

IfThe Hurricanes play terrible, no-good, boring hockey. Their two best players (brothers Staal) are giant idiots who don't skate to the front

of the net to score.

I slot through parts of their game tonight, but that may be due to the Percocet I am taking as pain medication from my recent surgery.

Two wins in a row! I feel like shit!

Sabres win a game I am at and it featured not a single penalty on either team. I am good with this. When is the last time an NHL game was played with no penalties?

Not sure, but odds are one of the teams you root for were playing in the game.

The team I root for (the Buffalo Sabres) was playing. I passed on going to a World Series game to see them. But speaking of teams I have the perfect MLS team for you: The Chicago Fire. Just like their fans only know one song you only know one joke.

Sabres win a game I am at and it featured not a single penalty on either team. I am good with this. When is the last time an NHL game was played with no penalties?

Before yours, it happened nine times in the past six years.  So it's like a "couple times per season" thing.

Carolina vs Buffalo on April 6, 2015
Los Angeles vs Calgary on April 9, 2014
Washington vs Boston on March 6, 2014
Minnesota vs Colorado on Nov. 30, 2013
Toronto vs New York Islanders on Feb. 28, 2013
Edmonton vs Toronto on Feb. 6, 2012
Tampa vs Boston on May 27, 2011
Atlanta vs Ottawa on Dec. 13, 2010
Chicago vs New Jersey on April 2, 2010

The only good news is that it's collarbone, which once healed tends to leave guys at 100%, and not the shoulder joint, which tends to do more cumulative harm over a career.

It still sucks ass. At least ruined first overall pick and unworthy to be on Team Canada guy Taylor Hall is third in NHL scoring so there's that. Third and fourth lines are going to have to perform some miraculous improvement for a couple months, though.

Sociopathic fans of CERTAIN TEAMS celebrating this like it's a good thing are seriously shitty human beings.

• Like 2

I'm pissed. This likely means you fuckers in Edmonton will once again finish below Vancouver. I'm sick and tired of this shit! LET US TANK FFS. AND DON'T THINK I'VE FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOU ASSHOLES IN CALGARY. ELIMINATE US THEN TANK BETTER THAN US THE NEXT SEASON?! FUCK YOU!

The whole pacific division is an absolute farce. Everybody sucks. The Kings and Canucks are tied for first. The Ducks are dead last. This isn't supposed to be how it goes.