DVDVR Message Board

NHL - 2015/16 - Period 1

Dolfan in NYC

It stinks to see the Flames in control of the Blues for two thirds of the game, but still unable to overcome the hole they dug themselves in a very sloppy second period. But I suppose I'll take that over getting completely embarrassed by the Blues like they seemed to every time they played last season. Steps in the right direction.

I'm really liking Frolik's compete level and tenacity on the puck. Seems like a really good pick up; he's probably been Calgary's best forward outside of their first line.

Oh yeah, and Gaudreau has been insane this year so far. He's looking even better and more dynamic than last year. So much fun to watch.

I just want to win a game.

Another game.

May I just note I always found it odd how a lot of people just thought that McDavid would just fix everything instantly silly. Sidney Crosby put up a 102 points in his rookie year, and the Penguins got 58 points. 

He's a kid. He's a very talented kid, but the problems of the Oilers (Lack of team structure, a shitty defense) hasn't changed. 

• Like 1

They are so strong up the middle and I think people around the league are just going to realize how special a player Bjugstad is this season. I hate the Panthers' ownership and the team has been run so poorly for so long but I feel for you few diehard hockey fans in Miami as it's been such a rough ride. You deserve the upcoming resurgence!

Couple days late but Detroit looked very good in beating Tampa. A little lucky with Stamkos hitting a post, another guy missing a completely open net, and a third hitting the post right at the end. But Larkin again looked great and Nyquist scored on a terrific shot. All in all, a good win.

They are so strong up the middle and I think people around the league are just going to realize how special a player Bjugstad is this season. I hate the Panthers' ownership and the team has been run so poorly for so long but I feel for you few diehard hockey fans in Miami as it's been such a rough ride. You deserve the upcoming resurgence!

The Panthers are my unloved child. Despite the ownership issues and everything else that comes with being a fan, cutting the cord would just seem too mean.