DVDVR Message Board

2015 NCAAF: WEEK 6

Dolfan in NYC

Oh my God.

Rutgers QB got sacked on third down, hustled the team to the line and... Spiked the ball. On fourth down. With three seconds left.

That's something Washington State would do. There's a reason "he Coug'ed it" is a phrase in these parts.

Didn't see Oregon being this bad

I did!

Okay, maybe not "lose to Washington State" bad, but I definitely went on the record on this board calling for this to be the beginning of Oregon's decline before the season started.

When I saw that live my reaction was one of incredulity, did he just lose track of downs or did he panic? Was he signaled in by the inept coaching staff to do it?

Didn't see Oregon being this bad

I did!

Okay, maybe not "lose to Washington State" bad, but I definitely went on the record on this board calling for this to be the beginning of Oregon's decline before the season started.

Chip Kelly will be back as consultant by next season, so don't worry.

I am not sure what happened to the North Texas Mean Green but today they played against Portland State and they lost 66-7. Dan McCarney got fired as coach in the locker room after the game, which may not be the classiest thing to do but needless to say this is by far the worst beating than a I-AA team has ever given a I-A team.

If my school was 0-5, it was homecoming and I paid $400K for the cupcake to dish out the worst FCS-on-FBS beatdown in modern history... yeah, I'd be ready to pull the trigger too.

Previous record was Lehigh beating Penn 58-0 in 1981. In other news, Penn was still considered 1-A in 1981.

• Like 1

Steve Sarkisian was, reportedly, not at USC football practice today.

Considering that he's the head coach, I'd take that as a not-positive sign for him.

EDIT: Apparently the AD has asked him to take a "temporary indefinite leave of absence."

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 50 seconds ago

Am told by multiple sources Steve Sarkisian showed up in no condition to work today & #USC brass knows he needs serious help.

Yeah. . .that sounds bad.

EDIT 2: And it gets worse.

InsideUSC ‏@InsideUSC 1 minute ago

BREAKING: Some #USC assistant coaches believed Steve Sarkisian was drunk during the Arizona State game on Sept. 26.

During the game. Yikes.

Glad that USC is taking this direction instead of outright canning him. Guy needs help.

Holy shit. That's wild.

I know the Lane Train parties hard, but at least he seems to pull himself together when it comes to football.

I can only imagine what kind of trouble those two got in together when they were young bucks during the height of the USC dynasty.