DVDVR Message Board

2015 NCAAF: WEEK 6

Dolfan in NYC

I think Texas is going to give Charlie Strong at least another year. He's having to dig out of a really huge hole though, admittedly, it's taking a lot longer than it should. USC, on the other hand, almost certainly will be. Sark isn't winning (enough), he's embarrassing the school, etc.

It seems very unlikely that strong goes after this year. They may not have an AD in place till next fall, and its hard to be!ieve the interim guy is gonna fire him after only two years and eat the 15 million in guaranteed money left on that contract. It'll be open season on coordinators here in Austin come December, but I think strong is safe

I think Texas is going to give Charlie Strong at least another year. He's having to dig out of a really huge hole though, admittedly, it's taking a lot longer than it should. USC, on the other hand, almost certainly will be. Sark isn't winning (enough), he's embarrassing the school, etc.

I don't even want to think about Chip Kelly at USC. That's both a scary and blasphemous thought. I can see Chip landing at Tennessee after they fire Butch Jones this year. Tennessee fans and boosters are unreasonable as to what their expectations are in 2015. The coaching search that landed Butch kind of shows that.

Am I nuts to think when Chip Kelly is fired by the Eagles, Texas will be on the phone to him awfully quick?

Makes sense. He can walk onto basically any college campus in America and name his price, and there probably isn't anyone that could put more zeroes on his paycheck than Texas.

Then again, Charlie Strong leading his team to a win over Oklahoma today might have been enough to buy him another year.

Its kind of funny isn't it? All of that fuss over a guy who hasn't won shit at any level. . . .

Before Kelly at Oregon, who was the last coach to turn a non-national power into one? Spurrier at Florida?

More importantly: TOUCHDOWN MICHIGAN MOTHERFUCKERS!