DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-7-15

MGFanJay

I still like Seth and actually don't think he's quite as bad as Fowler makes him out to be. Is he the best dude on the mic? No, he's a little too whiny sounding for me, but I think he's good enough. Part of the problem is that he's fallen into the shitty, manufactured WWE top heel role that anyone not named Brock Lesnar has fallen into. Even guys who have no business being booked like that, like Orton, get booked like that. It's only a matter of time until he becomes Smilin' Seth Rollins because it's already evident that WWE's crack writing staff is just going to continue to use the same shitty templates for him. It's just beyond dumb to have your heel champion who is a crossfit freak, someone who has kicked every top guy's ass, to just beg off from a retired wrestler with a totally jacked up neck and a 50+ year old guy that just lost to HHH.

Also, if you're going to Fantasy Book...

Charlotte/Nikki starts with like 15 minutes left on the clock.  Nikki tries to stall, other Divas get involved, maybe a random Trish/Lita appearance, and then Nikki wins it with a rollup with a few minutes.  The Bellas get ready for their party, since no woman on the roster can stop Nikki...  she's the most powerful wo....

PaBWM0Y.gif

That spoiler has a lot of....bounce

It's strangely hypnotic.

I'll say. Adam Rose and the bunny can't take their eyes of her. 

I think they were repeatedly thinking "Know who you're looking at, do not look down.  Whatever you do, man, DO. NOT. LOOK. DOWN!!!!"

I actually really like the build for the Divas Revolution. The matches have really meant something.

Team PCB got rewarded for winning the three-way match. They then get to do the Beat-The-Clock to determine who gets a shot against Nikki. (The Bellas, along the way, also tried a divide-and-conquer thing that didn't work.) Charlotte wins and gets a shot at the title.

Nikki also has a motivation beyond just wanting to defend the title. She has a chance at beating AJ's record and cementing herself in the history books.

Two characters with a motivation feuding over a title. Perfect.

And now Sasha has an issue with Paige because of their draw in the Beat-The-Clock match. Sasha's stable mates cost Paige the match. So now Paige and Sasha have an issue based on who is better, and The Boss is not above cheating to prove this point.

Just two good, simple wrestling stories based around "Who is better" with clear motivations from everyone involved.

The execution hasn't been perfect, but the layout of the stories are really simple and straight out of the NXT playbook.

Also there's an issue with their match on RAW that Sasha's shoulders were down too. So now Paige vs. Sasha has yet to have a decisive finish. 

• Like 1

Also there's an issue with their match on RAW that Sasha's shoulders were down too. So now Paige vs. Sasha has yet to have a decisive finish. 

Sasha beat Paige totally clean about 2 weeks after the revolution started.

But Paige losing a lot is obviously by design. She works better as a heel, and the jealousy angle is the logical catalyst to start breaking up these random-ass teams. Charlotte winning and Paige turning on her during whatever Charlotte's answer to the "Bella-bration" is makes perfect sense.

Wow, this Rollins hate is getting out of hand. I really enjoy his promos, and I loved his interaction with Sheamus at the top of the show. Buncha haters.

Also, LOL at the notion that they destroyed the "Divas Revolution", and Sasha single handedly brought it back in a nothing match... all because she got a "This Is Awesome" chant? Right, because those chants don't happen at nearly every single show these days. I love Sasha as much as the next guy, but there was nothing awesome about anything the Divas did last night. Are we sure they weren't chanting "This Is Awful"?

Please tell me how one chant during a nothing 6 minute match, that didn't even end clean, means the "Revolution" isn't a lost cause? And maybe they should have been chanting This Is Awful, because it was more awful than awesome.

The fact that I like Seth Rollins' promos has nothing to do with the Divas stuff, but keep trying to shoehorn that into the discussion like it has any bearing on my thoughts about Sasha/Paige.

Casey, I was there live and can verify that no they did not chant "This is awful".  Yes, they did chant "This is awesome".

And I like Rollins a lot, he's doing some fine chickenshit heel work.  But these fucking 20 minute promos are godawful.  Was checking the watch and couldn't wait for it to finish.  I remember hearing Sheamus and was happy at first thinking it would go to his match.  Instead it went to more talking.

Wow, this Rollins hate is getting out of hand. I really enjoy his promos, and I loved his interaction with Sheamus at the top of the show. Buncha haters.

Also, LOL at the notion that they destroyed the "Divas Revolution", and Sasha single handedly brought it back in a nothing match... all because she got a "This Is Awesome" chant? Right, because those chants don't happen at nearly every single show these days. I love Sasha as much as the next guy, but there was nothing awesome about anything the Divas did last night. Are we sure they weren't chanting "This Is Awful"?

The Revolution has had it's hits and misses but the in-ring work has been solid since the factions were created (I'd argue that the main roster divas were having good to decent matches among themselves for a while if you looked at the C shows and PPVs). Both women were doing pretty good Monday so it's no surprise that the crowd would be digging it, especially after the delayed suplex Paige gave Sasha. 

Haha....biggest heel in the company is hated by internet fans.  Looks like he is doing something right.  

There are different kinds of heat. C'mon now. It's that kind of logic that have some thinking Eva Marie will beat Bayley for the championship. If that's the only way to get heat in wrestling in the year 2015, I'll find something else to watch.

• Like 1