DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Yeah, there are badges associated with murdering other players, but you can unlock those in deathmatch without the unplesantry of getting shot just because on a gen pop server. 

I always create Invite Only or Crew / Friend Only sessions to game in.

Clock on my phone was 2 hours ahead of Mark's.  Linked to console time, maybe?

I am going to hit a survival mission tonight and am going to call for Merryweather heli backup to unlock the Dialing Digits achievement.

Today's Adventures in Griefing features this Southern asshole who was giving his buddy shit because his buddy had a gay brother. Some of the most unfunny jokes you've ever heard. "Do you think your brother's gayness might have rubbed off on you?" and "I saw this dude looked just like you in Wal-Mart carrying a big-ass bra. Think it might've been your brother?" I noticed he was nearby (Sandy Shores airfield) so I headed over, then ran him over on the runway. He bitched a bit in chat about it while I drove away. Then he said "Oh dayum, a jumbo jet" (it was a Shamal) and headed for that. I came back and threw a sticky bomb on the jet and blew it up. He bitched more.

A bit later, he got in a Buzzard and tried to hunt me down. He was using missiles which don't lock on, and he wasn't getting close. Finally, he got low to the ground along the road and flew slowly towards me. By the time he started getting sorta close, he was in rifle range and I gunned him and his other buddy in the chopper down.

Since the chopper was so low, it landed safely, and he said (on chat, for everyone to hear) that they should get back in. I put the sticky bomb back on and am halfway to Vinewood by the time he and his buddy have gotten in it. Boom.

• Like 5

Well, tonight was the night for misadventure.  Mark and I were the bug to the windshield of Los Santos's finer criminal elements tonight.  I fear that my friend will never appreciate the true value of hard cover or Sneak Mode but he did shoot a helicopter out of the sky.  Once Mark gets a flash suppressor for his beloved sniper rifle, our ambush tactics will go to the next level.

Mark sounded pretty tired and I know it can be hard to keep your eyes on every part of the HUD when you're fading out.  Sometimes I am like, "How the hell did I die so fast?" and that is usually because I am focused more on shooting and less on keeping track of what state my health is in.

The Stealth skill wasn't as hard to raise up as I thought it would be.  My favorite thing to do now is go into Sneak Mode, follow the curses of my enemies while I am stalking them, and blast them at close range with my sawed-off.  Flying is the skill that continues to lag behind the rest.

We played golf to console ourselves and I messed around and shot a four under par.  I will probably never play golf like that ever again.

I threw a race so that Mark could unlock some mods for his sports car.  I then legit won and legit lost a race.  You cannot take corners too hard in the Elegy; no you cannot.

We tried our hand at Survival but we got stuck with some idiot that got gunned down seconds into Wave 1 and 2 and then rage quit.  The achievement for surviving ten rounds continues to evade me.

I think Boneyard is the easiest survival level. You can hide out in the warehouse and force the enemies to come in one of two entrances.

I started doing GTA races last night, which are pretty fun. I scraped up enough to go up to level 20 and buy a 6 car garage.

it is shitty that you can't mod or sell any super cars you find on the streets. Though you can still make decent money with regular cars.

Not being able to mod and sell supers is a pain.  The game has plenty of money sinks as it is.  Money from chopped cars is pretty good, but I'd like to be able to sell two per game day instead of one.

I got the Midnight Club achievement for winning 5 races with a modded vehicle.  My Dinka Double-T is a beast on the streets, but I need to get something else to serve as a trail bike. Will either steal a Sanchez next time I'm in Grapeseed or buy a Hexen.

I am probably going to get a Sandking to serve as my off-road vehicle.

If anyone else is up to hit Boneyard with me tonight, jump in my party / game when you see me online.

I got my apartment in the city. Nice and close to both Los Santos and the golf course.

I will blame JT and I being below normal to doing 3 missions neither had done before: the hippies in the trailer park, the dudes making a deal at the wind farm and stealing the helicopter.

I played a couple days ago and it wouldn't let me online so I went back to the story mode for the first time in a while and came to the conclusion that I prefer it much more than the online game.  I really like online too but since I've played it I just feel like it's too much of a grind and they're really going to push hard for people to buy their cash packs by making it difficult to level up. 

The whole grindy nature was to be expected, I think. But I am pretty happy of where my character is. I can play for an hour or so before bed and have a good time. I view this as being something I am going to play for a while, so I am in no rush to get everything maxed out. However, I do think the reduction of mission payouts is stupid. Now all anyone wants to do is racing where you can get lots of RP and cash for very little effort. It's broken more things than it solved.

I'm not finding it hard to get money, but then it becomes easier at higher levels. The missions are higher-dollar, you can end up in survivals with other higher-level people and make $20K. Just do racing for an hour or two and you'll bank five figures, maybe six if there's a lot of people and you're finishing high.

Now all anyone wants to do is racing where you can get lots of RP and cash for very little effort. It's broken more things than it solved.

Seriously.  Go up by so much as one game in a set of tennis and dudes just quit on you.

I can never finish a complete game of golf with other players because they bail after the first bad shot.  One guy jumped into a match with Mark and me and he bitched out when Mark and I went under par on the second hole.  I finished the game even and Mark beat me with a -2.

People quit tennis on me after I break their serve... I tend to rope a dope their first service game, so they don't quit when I start hitting aces* on my serve. But when I start trying to win every point, they play the pussy card.Not having any problems making money. Just stop spending it for a bit and suddenly you've got loads. Although I am level 52 or something, with the $400,000 apartment already.* Don't know whether that's my high Strength stat, or just me having good technique. But I've hardly ever been Aced in Tennis, and I've hit loads.

Survivals are just hopelessly broken for me, and a lot of the higher-level missions are tough unless you've got all four players, which seems to be tough to do sometimes. The best way to pile up money is to just keep grinding out races, but it gets old.

Survivals are just hopelessly broken for me, and a lot of the higher-level missions are tough unless you've got all four players, which seems to be tough to do sometimes. The best way to pile up money is to just keep grinding out races, but it gets old.

Yeah, Lester's 1-4 player missions require 4 players at this stage of the game. 

I got the Survive 10 Waves achievement on the Boneyard map shortly after Mark signed off for the night.  Fuckers had helicopters and chain guns on Wave 10, but I was with two solid dudes and one guy who was kinda shaky but could at least shoot straight.  There were times when he would just abandon his position to get kills and would either get himself shot or get me shot because he wasn't covering the other entrance to the barn.  I eventually just hid behind the desk in the barn and shot any meth dealers in sight.

Twenty grand was a nice payday for that amount of grief.  Looks like the key to getting that achievement is to join groups where the players are 25th level or so.  You can't really tell how good they'll be, but at least you'll know they have decent weapons.

Yeah, Lester's 1-4 player missions require 4 players at this stage of the game. 

I got the Survive 10 Waves achievement on the Boneyard map shortly after Mark signed off for the night.  Fuckers had helicopters and chain guns on Wave 10, but I was with two solid dudes and one guy who was kinda shaky but could at least shoot straight.  There were times when he would just abandon his position to get kills and would either get himself shot or get me shot because he wasn't covering the other entrance to the barn.  I eventually just hid behind the desk in the barn and shot any meth dealers in sight.

Twenty grand was a nice payday for that amount of grief.  Looks like the key to getting that achievement is to join groups where the players are 25th level or so.  You can't really tell how good they'll be, but at least you'll know they have decent weapons.

Yeah now that I can buy an Assault Rifle + Ammo from Ammunation I feel like I have a fighting chance at these now.  Got to wave 8 with a couple pubbies tonight, don't even remember their names, but one guy was super competent (he was our MVP, no doubt, pulled through after I got capped a couple times) and guarded the opposite barn entrance from me and for the first time survival felt doable.  I at least contributed a significant number of kills on some waves. The other guy kinda wandered around outside picking off stragglers.  If the fourth invitee had stuck around maybe we'd have made it.  Picked up $10K for my trouble though, not bad all in all.

Keeping an eye out for y'all though.  As usual if I'm on I'm probably lurking around the golf course.