DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I kept my patriot and sold the balla, since its worth more. Plus, i see so many humvees at work, i need to have one.It was crazy going by the airport and seeing that jillion car pine up and all the cops being held off. And i just right by since i had lost my wanted level.

The funny thing is I could have held there for a lot longer if not for the cops coming in from the back near the end. I deeply regret not throwing a grenade into the pile when it became apparent they had me flanked.

I regret not using the Tear Gas grenade I forgot I had in my inventory this morning during our little hit on Merryweather last night.

Soooo the missed opportunity.

Oh, and after taking a look at the YouTubes, it looks my "home office" in my new $200+ condo will eventually become a planning room once heists are put into the game.  So we 360 dudes are GTG.

• Like 1

I may be on around that time but not for the best of reasons (I have a funeral to attend tomorrow so I am leaving work early).. 

Keep an eye out for our UK homeboys who get started earlier than we do in the US. 

Cyberinsekt aka dok is one of our 360 criminal bretherin from across the pond. He may be up and murderin the same time you are online., Valcourt.

I can't seem to join up with crewmates. I saw Troma and dok on earlier, but trying to join them just popped a message saying I couldn't.

Does that just mean they were in jobs? Has my hideous looking character been shunned for bringing down the sexiness of the entire crew?

I've put more time into Online today than every other time I've been on combined. It feels like slow going at early levels, but I am having fun with it.

I can't seem to join up with crewmates. I saw Troma and dok on earlier, but trying to join them just popped a message saying I couldn't. Does that just mean they were in jobs? Has my hideous looking character been shunned for bringing down the sexiness of the entire crew?I've put more time into Online today than every other time I've been on combined. It feels like slow going at early levels, but I am having fun with it.

Whatever your character lacks in looks mine more then makes up for.

I can't seem to join up with crewmates. I saw Troma and dok on earlier, but trying to join them just popped a message saying I couldn't.Does that just mean they were in jobs? Has my hideous looking character been shunned for bringing down the sexiness of the entire crew?

I've put more time into Online today than every other time I've been on combined. It feels like slow going at early levels, but I am having fun with it.

If someone is in a job, it will specifically say so.  If there is room in the group, you will be given the option to spectate.

The offical line is that the message usually comes up because the server the person is in is full (ie, has 16 players in it already).  But I think the servers are still wonky, which is why they haven't released the stimulus money yet.  They don't wanna give it out only to have it get eaten up by a glitch.

The matchmaking in this game is kinda shitty.  Probably the best thing to do is to start an invite or crew only session, start a job/race, and then invite people from the crew to join.

If you want a quick way to raise your level and cash, try and find a session of the Criminal Record race.  If it is set to 1 lap, the race is done in under a minute and even if you finish last in a group of 8 you will still get around $800 and a few hundred RP.  A lot of people are still grinding this race and will keep repeating it over and over.

Also don't forget about robbing stores (will be around $1-2K per store) and selling cars to Los Santos Customs once an hour - the better cars will net around $8-9K.

I should be on tomorrow starting at about noon eastern. 

I really have to get better at car identification - that's the big hole in my game - I should be able to constantly sell one car to Simeon and one car to Los Santos Customs. I can never identify the cars Simeon wants, and I always grab an SUV-looking car for LSC, but some pay better than others.

Hey J.T. - just wanted to let you know that I got your invite last night. I sometimes play with a couple of buddies who don't have headsets, so we end up calling each other instead. If I don't accept the invite, that's the only reason. Didn't want you think I was snubbing you or anything.

On another note, I buzzed a guy in the 400k apartment and, surprisingly, he let me in. I was expecting a different layout or an extra room with a heist board or something. But it's literally the same as my 205k apartment. The only difference I can see is "the view." Am I missing something? Because if not, I'm not spending 200 more thousand just so I can saunter over to the window and see grass instead of a building.

Hey J.T. - just wanted to let you know that I got your invite last night. I sometimes play with a couple of buddies who don't have headsets, so we end up calling each other instead. If I don't accept the invite, that's the only reason. Didn't want you think I was snubbing you or anything.

It is all good, man.  I kinda figured you were up to something with some other dudes and we had a four person crew at the time.  I think we ony got one job that recommended more than a quad-set.  I kept sending invites just in case you had a break in the action and wanted to jump into our session, since we were also running races and deathmatches..

I can't seem to join up with crewmates. I saw Troma and dok on earlier, but trying to join them just popped a message saying I couldn't. Does that just mean they were in jobs? Has my hideous looking character been shunned for bringing down the sexiness of the entire crew?I've put more time into Online today than every other time I've been on combined. It feels like slow going at early levels, but I am having fun with it.

Whatever your character lacks in looks mine more then makes up for.
My dude looks like a rail thin Gabe Sapolsky, but even weasel-ier.

I deleted the iFruit app from my phone.  A neat idea, but bad execution.  It started crashing constantly.  I made some changes to my cars but they take forever to appear in the game.  At least now I have custom plates -- and a free can of Sprunk :b

The Chop game was beyond useless to me.  I have 2 dogs at home, I'm not gonna spend my free time cleaning up a virtual one's shit.

On another note, I buzzed a guy in the 400k apartment and, surprisingly, he let me in. I was expecting a different layout or an extra room with a heist board or something. But it's literally the same as my 205k apartment. The only difference I can see is "the view." Am I missing something? Because if not, I'm not spending 200 more thousand just so I can saunter over to the window and see grass instead of a building.

Besides the view, there's also the location. I decided to be outside of downtown because one of the biggest uses for the garage is to duck the police, but you need to be out of sight of the cops to be there. Eclipse Apartments is relatively close to LS Customs, and is also relatively central, close to both the city and to quick routes into Blaine County. And when it comes to dodging other players seeking revenge or bounty dollars, you can approach the garage from four different directions.

Once I picked Eclipse as the best location overall, it was between 4 apartments costing between $370 and $400K, and at that point, I was willing to pay the extra $30K for the best view.

I can't seem to join up with crewmates. I saw Troma and dok on earlier, but trying to join them just popped a message saying I couldn't.Does that just mean they were in jobs? Has my hideous looking character been shunned for bringing down the sexiness of the entire crew?I've put more time into Online today than every other time I've been on combined. It feels like slow going at early levels, but I am having fun with it.

Is your last name McGowan? Toss on a hockey mask. That's how I hide my ferret looking dude. Apparently I didn't waste too much time tinkering with the character creator because I've seen a billion guys that look almost identical.

Yeah J.T. - send those invites every time. If I'm able to join, I definitely will. I've been helping one of my buddies save for an apartment. I hadn't done much grinding so far, but we were taking advantage of that awesome hiding spot in Boneyard that someone posted the video about a few pages back.

I also definitely want to get in on a big crew job like you've been talking about. If we can get that together, and if everyone is interested, I found a Granger the other day that I threw in my garage for just that purpose. For anyone who isn't familiar with that vehicle, it's the one the SWAT guys roll up on, hanging off the side with carbine rifles. We can roll 8 deep in that thing. If people want to use it for that, I'll spend the money to paint it the crew's color and put the logos on it. I can't guarantee I won't side-swipe you off the side rails and that it won't take 8 hours to get there in that slow ass thing, but it's more for the flair than anything.

Also, had another fun experience last night that had nothing to do with missions. The same buddy I mentioned helping earlier and I were rolling around freemode, and two guys started trying to kill us nonstop. We escaped for the most part, but not without damage and my car blown to hell. We managed to not die by pure luck - that will come into play in a minute.

They finally turned their attention away from us, and longer story short, I happened to get in a vehicle that Simeon wanted. I head to get it resprayed, and my buddy is keeping his eye on the map to watch for others. As we're getting closer to Simeon's place, he notices the same two guys that were messing with us were also headed to Simeon's place with a vehicle of their own. I roll around the back of the building and up the far side so they can't shoot us. Remember how I said we didn't die? Yeah - we had just come off a run of Boneyard missions and both still had miniguns.

I stay in the car while my buddy wipes them both out. I deliver the vehicle and decide, "hell - why not just deliver the one they brought too?" My friend grabs it and gets shot. I wipe them out with my minigun. I ran to the car and one guy is up on a container sniping - damn near takes my head off. I got into cover to let my health regenerate while the non-sniping guy ran to the car. It was then that I remembered I also still had an RPG from Boneyard.

I told my friend to retreat and not shoot at them. I called Lester to hide my blip on the radar and waited until they both got in the vehicle. Then I stepped out and crammed a rocket up both their asses. "If I can't deliver the car, nobody delivers the car."

I then got sniped to death about three times before I went back to a private server, but hell yes it was worth it.

Besides the view, there's also the location. I decided to be outside of downtown because one of the biggest uses for the garage is to duck the police, but you need to be out of sight of the cops to be there. Eclipse Apartments is relatively close to LS Customs, and is also relatively central, close to both the city and to quick routes into Blaine County. And when it comes to dodging other players seeking revenge or bounty dollars, you can approach the garage from four different directions.

Once I picked Eclipse as the best location overall, it was between 4 apartments costing between $370 and $400K, and at that point, I was willing to pay the extra $30K for the best view.

Ah okay. I can definitely see the advantage of that then. I'll probably trade up at some point in the near future.

My garage:

Posted Image

From left to right:

Annis Elegy RH8 (Sports)

Pegassi Bati 801 (Motorcycles)

Mammoth Patriot (SUVs) (Was down to either this or the Mini-Cooper clone for the 10th car spot. Figured the compact was only good for the races where AxB picks compacts on grand tour in the rain cuz he's a bastard, whereas this, with armor mods, will be great as a fucking battering ram)

Bravado Buffalo (Sports) (Wanted a fast 4-door, come to think of it, the Felon might fill that bill. Maybe I'll steal a mini after all)

Vapid Dominator (Muscle)

Posted Image

From left to right:

Lampdati Felon (Coupes)

Vapid Radius (SUVs) (The racing SUV)

BF Injection (Off-Road) (Kind of regretting this, as even with mods, it's not as good as the dune buggy.)

Empty Space which will have a Pegassi Monroe, (Sports Classic)

Overflod Entity XF (Super) (I'm taking this beauty on a long highway drive as soon as I hit "post")

FINALLY clawed my way up to enough money (calling Martin Madrazzo for missions is one of the more efficient money makers when you're alone) to get a 6-car garage + apartment for around 126,000.

Still have some serious garage-envy of Cristobal, so I jacked and jacked and jacked until mine was full to feel a little better.  Forgot to leave room for that free Elegy that it's actually worth me trying to call for and get now, having a place to put it and all.

But it's nice to have a safe spawn point when joining a (shudders) public server.  DVDVR crew will get invites to pretend-party at my pretend-apartment.  As apparently heists aren't unlocked yet and we won't be able to plan those...

• Like 1

I deleted the iFruit app from my phone.  A neat idea, but bad execution.  It started crashing constantly.  I made some changes to my cars but they take forever to appear in the game.  At least now I have custom plates -- and a free can of Sprunk :b

The Chop game was beyond useless to me.  I have 2 dogs at home, I'm not gonna spend my free time cleaning up a virtual one's shit.

Chop's primary function seems to be to help you find hidden packages.  You have the internets so Chop can stay his gigantic turd shitting ass at home and remain unhappy.

RUkered, Mark and I raised quite a bit of hell last night.  Completed three missions with heavy payouts for Trevor, Lamar, and Gerald. 

Martin Madrazzo's function in the game is obviously to get us killed.  Nearly all of his missions are near suicidal.

*grumbles* jerks with your money and stuff. Every cent I make ends up going for more damn ammo and weapon upgrades. Level 20 now and I have like 20,000, and that's it.

Races are low risk / high reward and it doesn't take a lot of time so the next time you are online with us, we'll just push a lot of those types of activities.  As long as you finish the race, you are going to pick up some respectable scratch..

Just don't race against Cyberinsekt.  That dude is like Tony Kanaan.

I tried to get the Platinum medal for a 2000 foot wheelie the GTA4 way with a Faggio scooter,  I have gotten up to 750 feet on a normal street so I may have to do the ugly and drive the scooter all the way to Lester's airstrip in the desert.

I won the Airport Circuit race.  My Top Speed in Franklin's Buffalo is now 112mph.  Hao has sent me a text about another race but I should probably focus on doing some actual storyline missions.

*grumbles* jerks with your money and stuff. Every cent I make ends up going for more damn ammo and weapon upgrades. Level 20 now and I have like 20,000, and that's it.

I feel your pain. I was so broke after modding my Elegy and buying a Bati that I had to rob a store to get cash to pay for a can on Sprunk so I could get health back. I am really appreciating the discount on ammo and other stuff I get from the special edition.I'm doing better cashwise on the single player side but I am far from being able to afford the high end properties. I am waiting to finish the last heist (which I think I am close to) so I have the most cash possible to invest in the stock market via the insider trader knowledge of the assassination missions.

I totalled my trickwd out ruffian going thru thw mountains last night.

Only $125 deductible and i think all my mods were there.

Martin has two missions that are easy and you can do lile clockwork: shooting the lawyer and the ex gf. They stop at stoplights. Snipe thhem from behind. Pay lester to remove the wanted level immediately. Bing bang boom.

Now, that mission of his where you photo the dead guy in his mansion. Insane