DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

12 hours ago, melraz09 said:

I'm gonna try to get one this winter though. I had forgotten how much fun it was. I tried to get on freemode but it wouldn't let me. I guess my router is still strict or whatever.  

Well, shit.  So much for those fucking end tables.  I must own an XB1 and the XB1 version of GTA5 by Winter 2016.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

If that was all it took, we should have deployed this strategy sooner.

You make it sound like people actually look forward to me personally returning to multiplayer.

• Like 1

Eh, I am not terribly convinced that party chat is necessarily enlivened by me screaming at the sky about cover fire.

My remaining achievements in GTA5 are all Heist related and I don't feel remarkably motivated to go down that rabbit hole unless we plan to get the band back together to run down heists in house once Melraz gets back into the game... 

I'm pretty much getting an XB1 for the sole purpose of playing ME: Andromeda and I have at least until next Spring to make that happen.  If Melraz plans on getting an XB1 by Winter, that just provides incentive to move up my timetable..

• Like 1

I was sick the past couple of days, so I plowed through and finished the story mode.  Went back and did both of the "bad" endings also.  Overall, I still think that this is a good game, but it really does lead you by the nose and a lot of the missions feel like interactive cutscenes.  I have most of the side stuff to do, but I'm going to work on some other stuff in my backlog first.

And I am already tired of the stunt tracks, especially anyone with cars instead of cycles.

42 minutes ago, Neil Koch said:

IAnd I am already tired of the stunt tracks, especially anyone with cars instead of cycles.

Funny, I'm the opposite.  I hate the ones with motorcycles, and like the car ones.  I figure they'll get old quick unless you've got folks to laugh along with as chaos ensues.

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

Eh, I am not terribly convinced that party chat is necessarily enlivened by me screaming at the sky about cover fire.

Hell, even if you don't feel like talking, it's at least good to join in for the Melraz Radio Hour. Delilah ain't got shit on him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RUkered said:

Hell, even if you don't feel like talking, it's at least good to join in for the Melraz Radio Hour. Delilah ain't got shit on him.

"Coming up this hour, it's something that I say is John Prine, followed by my big hit, 'I'm too drunk for freemode.' "

• Like 5

We gotta have our general barkin orders jt. All I do is mumble mur mur pistol every so often. That's the extent of my tactical abilities. 

I'm all about some heists.

If I can keep from buyin harley stuff I'll have a one November at latest. 

• Like 3

I miss three beer night quite a bit.   I have, however, noticed that my eyes are not red anymore from trying to live on ninety minutes of sleep per night.

I'll do my best to get an XB1 by this winter, but the house is still a work in progress and I've noticed that my peace of mind is directly affected by my ability to keep the little lady out of my ear.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RUkered said:

That was always my plan - I don't think I ever said more than an occasional sorry here and there and then laughing my ass off at everything going on.

I miss this damn game but getting rid of my 360 when I bought my One I assume my save file is gone and there's no way I'm starting from scratch again.

1 hour ago, CSC said:

That was always my plan - I don't think I ever said more than an occasional sorry here and there and then laughing my ass off at everything going on.

I miss this damn game but getting rid of my 360 when I bought my One I assume my save file is gone and there's no way I'm starting from scratch again.

It's gone if you didn't push the file to the Xbox Cloud, but your profile still has your gamerscore / achievements from GTA5 still attached to it, right?

Yes - your gamerscore remains the same (assuming you just use the same Gamertag) plus you see all your achievements. In fact you get double credit if you play the game on both (like Borderlands 2 shows up twice and I got achievements twice)

More importantly for GTA V - your online character was saved to the cloud just waiting for you to use them again. Like my CM Punk looking motherfucker is just sitting there right now

• Like 2

The transfer process for the online characters is pretty easy.  Sadly the game forces you to transfer over both your characters at once, removing a fantastic opportunity to game your cash when you transfer.  I never bothered transferring my single player save.  I haven't touched it on the One.

The last thing I did before I went to bed last night was deliver a high priority vehicle. The first thing I did when I woke up was check my Daily Objectives. Hold up a Store, Participate in a Sea Race, and Deliver a Simeon Car. Which I had to wait like 16 hours before he'd even tell me what he wanted.

Benefactor Serranos have a low top speed, slow acceleration, a big turning circle, a narrow wheelbase and a high centre of gravity. They roll onto their sides really bloody easily if you try to turn at speed, or if you brake while turning. As such, it's not very easy to escape a wanted level in one. And you get a wanted level for entering any car Simeon wants.

I did manage it. Wasn't much fun, but I did it. If only I'd found a Patriot first.

So I got put into Bad Sport again this morning. Luckily for me, instead of a four-day second sentence, it's two again. I've sat Lady Petrol down to watch tv in the apartment so I can at least stay in a real lobby, sort of like house arrest. 

Best part though, was that since I couldn't do anything anymore, well I could, but getting commended and ...ugh... going passive seemed the way to go, as that's how we busted our friend out (see previous post) before. Except, oh yeah, my proxy glitch kept doing me in. So I had to basically become a bomb diffuser and go shoot them all down. 

How to kill time in a lobby, besides drinking beer in the back of a dump truck? Easy, the three of us called cabs, killed the driver, and then proceeded to jockey for passengers all over the map. We'd pull up in serious gunfights or people outside of shops and vigorously honk to get them to get in. 3/4 of my efforts worked and they way-pointed to their destination. 

All in all, it wasn't so bad. At least I got my precious dunce cap back.