DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Your Excellency Mayor Melraz,

I respectfully resign my post as a member of your cabinet.   I have purchased on Xbox One and will continue your traditions on said platform.  

Thank you for this opportunity to serve under you and look forward to your next administration.

Ever Your Faithful Servant,

CublombianRoast

• Like 2

Well hell. I gonna hafta find a new crew to fill the cabinet back up. All of my constituents have ran to the one. By dalmit we'll have a reunion from hell though whenever my ass gets a one. By that time yall will probably be gettin the 2 or the 1k or whatever the hell its gonna he called.

I think i will be more of an ass, a bigger dick, a bigger prick when i do get one. I dont want to be the loved mayor with 3 bad rep points again.

I'll add its very sad dan, you gonna get a new copy or wait for the one?

• Like 1

Roast, are you having a hard time joining us? This is completely from personal experience, but I think GTA really hates that deal on the One where you can turn off the console but not reload the game when you turn it on. If I have a hard time connecting, the first thing I'll try is hard rebooting the One and reloading the game. Chat sessions can get messed up the same way.

RUkered and I were on earlier, and you run into some decent players on the One, but you also run into some dipshits. We start tangling with a dude, he challenges me to a one-on-one deathmatch. Sure! We prepare to light him up, including this great kill where I'm just firing this constant barrage of machine gun fire at him while RUKered sneaks up behind him and gives him the ol' El Dragon knife in the back.

The deathmatch ends and RUkered snipes dude out of his shoes. So he sends out another one-on-one deathmatch challenge. Sure! I sniped him once before he decided he'd see what was on Netflix.

• Like 3

If anyone wanted to know what happens when you try the jewelry store job and choose the cheapest available people in every category: The Hacker only gives you a 90 second window (no big deal, you only need sixty seconds anyway). The Transporter gets race bikes instead of dirtbikes, so you slide all over the place in the tunnels. And the gunman crashes his bike jumping off the bridge and dies... and he's carrying a third of your take, so you end up getting way less money than if you'd just used Packie McReary.

I remember coming in late on that one and still fighting for hours.

Just for shits and giggles, I modded one of those VW vans. They look great painted up (mine's kind of a tribute to the Mystery Machine), but holy shit, even fully modded it's incredibly slow. Handles well, but as slow as it goes, it'd better handle well.

• Like 1

We were in that one so long that Herby joined us after waking up in the morning.  I think the sun was up here when we finally finished up.  

I remember we formed a convoy to the nearest ammunation when there was a break in the fighting.  My female got her top victim that night - something like 65 kills.  I think that was the night somebody accused Stout of cheating, and he replied "we don't know how, we're not that smart".  There was also the guy that accused me of cheating and of being obsessed with him after killing him 3 times over the course of 3-4 hours.

• Like 2

Roast, are you having a hard time joining us? This is completely from personal experience, but I think GTA really hates that deal on the One where you can turn off the console but not reload the game when you turn it on. If I have a hard time connecting, the first thing I'll try is hard rebooting the One and reloading the game. Chat sessions can get messed up the same way.

It seems to drop me in the same room if you guys are on.   I haven't had much issues yet.  

Andrew was over this weekend and was on my account with his character, so if you sent any invites, they may have been missed. 

There was also the guy that accused me of cheating and of being obsessed with him after killing him 3 times over the course of 3-4 hours.

Was this the gentleman who paid you a large sum for certain back alley services?

No, this was some guy that spent most of his time in passive.  He'd come out, or maybe get in a car, every once in a while and get killed for his trouble, then go back into passive for another hour.  

So far as I know, we never fought the guy gifted all that money.  melraz, stout, and I were all sitting around in passive during the act.  Eventually some other asshole white dot hit our boy with a grenade, and I guess he wasn't interested in a repeat performance.

Rooftop services. With me and Melraz catching the spillover.

EDIT: I really should've used another word besides "spillover."

He paid extra for the extra special rooftop rumble.

• Like 3

Here's a full list of the Freemode Events, courtesy of Rockstar:

Penned In – A vehicular free-for-all to stay inside an ever-shrinking and always-moving dome. If you’re caught outside the dome for more than a few seconds you’ll blow up and be eliminated from the competition.

Criminal Damage – Rack up the biggest property damage bill you can before time runs out. Equip your biggest weapons and go to town on anything and everything in sight.

Hunt The Beast – Players team up to track and kill the beast – a randomly selected player with superior speed and extra health – before it can collect 10 checkpoints scattered around the world within the time limit. The beast is invisible on the mini-map save for whenever it collects a checkpoint, which will cause it to blip for 10 seconds (and increasing in duration with each checkpoint collected).

Challenges - Longest jump; longest skydive; longest wheelie; most vehicles stolen; most near misses; lowest parachute deploy; longest bail from vehicle; furthest distance low flying; and more.

Moving Target - A vehicle is blipped on the map, the first player to deliver it to the marked destination wins.

Kill List - A vehicle is blipped on the map, once the requisite number of players enter they must take out as many waves of enemies as possible.

Kill List Competitive - Same as above, but multiple vehicles are blipped and players compete against each other to rack up the most kills in the given time limit.

Checkpoints - 120 checkpoints spawn in a quadrant of the map. Players compete to collect the most in the given time limit. This mode comes in two variants: land & sea checkpoints and air checkpoints.

Time Trial - A persistent blip on the map where players can try to beat the Rockstar par time and world record on a route that changes weekly.

Hold the Wheel - A target vehicle is blipped on the map for 5 minutes. Players compete to be the one in the vehicle when the timer expires.

Hot Property - Players compete to control possession of a blipped briefcase. The longer you have it, the more points you earn.

Dead Drop - A briefcase is blipped for players to collect and deliver to a location. Players compete for the chance to deliver the briefcase.

King of the Castle -The first player to a blipped location becomes King, and gain points as long as they remain King. Players compete to kill and become the King.

New Freemode Events - ONLY for Xbone, PS4 and PC

• Like 1

In fact - Rockstar announced they will no longer be updated the 360 and PS3 versions

"As we mentioned previously, we always knew there might be a point where we would reach the technical capacity of what the older generation of consoles can handle as each downloadable update requires additional memory both for assets and for additional scripting.  We have continued to optimize the entire game over time in order to squeeze as much memory as we possibly could out of the last-generation hardware and at some point, continuing to add content for those systems could cause the risk of instability to the game overall."

If anyone wanted to know what happens when you try the jewelry store job and choose the cheapest available people in every category: The Hacker only gives you a 90 second window (no big deal, you only need sixty seconds anyway). The Transporter gets race bikes instead of dirtbikes, so you slide all over the place in the tunnels. And the gunman crashes his bike jumping off the bridge and dies... and he's carrying a third of your take, so you end up getting way less money than if you'd just used Packie McReary.

Unless you stop and just pick up the bag. Then you just don't have to pay a gunman.

Personally I like just going all in with big crews. Money is Money.

Money in single player is a moot point anyway.  If you play the stock market right after the first assassination mission, you will have more than enough money for all the characters (like hundreds of thousands of dollars) to get them through the story comfortably.

Criminal Damage – Rack up the biggest property damage bill you can before time runs out. Equip your biggest weapons and go to town on anything and everything in sight.

This sounds like it might be fun if you didn't have to pay for the ammo you use.

Dalm i love you guys.

Bad part is my internet is screwin up like it did last year. I dunno what the hells goin on with it. I guess I'll need a new router again.

I can still do missions though. WOOPTIE FUCKIN DOOOO!!!

I'll bite the bullet and get a one next year. Maybe I'll have some cash for new cars from mission playin.

• Like 1

Shit, Mel, sorry about your Internet troubles. A buddy of mine on Comcast had his router screw up on him and was without Internet for days.

The new stuff looks interesting. I find it hard to believe, though, that they couldn't at least throw the old-gen people a bone by adding new cars and clothes and dropping some of the old ones out to make way for the new stuff.

Still, they want people to buy the game again. I can't believe they're coming up with all these new game modes with the game being so old. And they still have THE one to do that they can do very easily, I bet - a police-free Freeroam.

I bet the first couple of days will be crazy, so I'll have Forza 6 to keep me warm if everything's haywire.

• Like 1

Playing through story mode again. Just finished the mission where Franklin steals the Z-Type whilst Trevor is a passenger in a Police Chopper, and he's using the camera to scan people (and giving the police pilot a ton of verbals at the same time). Delivered the car, and jumped from Franklin to Trevor as soon as the mission over screen disappeared.

Trevor was flying a Police helicopter. He shouted "I hope it was a soft landing!" out of the window and flew away.

• Like 1

Did the Paleto Bay bank job, and then bought the old dock and started collecting Nuclear Waste. It takes you all the way around the map...and Trevor's exiled from the city at this point, because he's got Madrazzo's wife. So I'm cutting through the river to the south, and my radar is full of red blips that are Madrazzo's hit squads, drviing around bridges and trying to figure out how to shoot someone who's in a submarine.

Later, another red blip showed up, and it was a shark. But I don't think Madrazzo sent it.