DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Once there was a guy having a Sniper Battle with Havoc, who was standing in the middle of the street. I ran him over and killed him. In my Panto. The most humiliating way to die.

My favorite part is the guy 2 minutes in who gets run over by the same Panto twice

But since its a fucking Panto - he just gets up and runs away

And if Mark were there he'd be picking up all of the money left on the highway.

• Like 1

Bless my racing crew's hearts, I love 'em, but they're kinda twits about their racing - all super-serious and all about lap times. So I was loving it tonight when we spent about half the night doing this race one of them created where it's basically these tiny, tight laps around a building (0.68 miles, around the same size as Criminal Records) with an insane hairpin, tons of walls and one section where everyone has to funnel into one lane. It was like racing in a shoebox.

Making things MUCH worse: There were 16 of us. So it's basically a demolition derby. We went from "never hit each other, ever" to "kill everyone!" Making things MUCH MUCH worse: One of the guys was a designated "jammer," running around the track backward in an armored Kuruma taking out everyone in his path.

Big fun.

• Like 2

That sounds fun as shit. I don't race much outside of getting daily objectives, but I'll do crazy ones any time.

Mel needed a race for an objective yesterday, and he claims he didn't realize that he picked Tunnel Vision, but...

After we earned our 25k for objectives, we proceeded go blow about 400k in explosives. I finally know what you guys talk about when you say you're Godzilla. Sure, we got killed a few times, but it was like we were fighting the Keystone Cops. One poor sap NEVER killed either one of us. I even ran at him in a car to give him a chance to kill me, and I still splattered him. The only people that gave us any trouble were two dudes in an Insurgent. I'm really starting to hate those. I'd rather fight tanks.

We had one kid who must have decided "if you can't beat them, join them," because he kept running up to Mel with no weapon and doing the bro love waving thing, but Mel just kept whooping his ass until he left.

Mel even made himself a friend in the form of a guy who messaged him to say "stop you cunt." As Ice Cube said, it was a good day.

• Like 2

I needed a bike race and honestly just went to the first one i saw on my map and hit x to start it.

Thats the dalm trouble with daily objectives, you spend more than ya make tryin to get em.

I forgot to take a pic of the cunt message, i liked the one who said i had down syndrome too cause i kept killin him when he wasnt tryin to shoot me. Thats the dude that kept walkin up to me showin me bro love just before he got shotgunned.

Quick question anybody ever ran outta combat mg ammo?

• Like 2

Wish I'da been there for that.  I got one of those messages last time we were on, after I put an RPG into GI Joe's bright yellow sandking.  Then we killed him about 25-0 afterwards.

I've run out of combat MG ammo at least once.  I think it might've been the time we wound up in a 5 hour firefight out around the east coast after a special crate drop.

• Like 2

I had to go in Freemode for a sec yesterday 'cause collecting a bounty was one of my objectives. At one point, I drive up to someone outside the center pay and spray who's just repeatedly stomping the sidewalk (not an NPC, the sidewalk) while I sat there in my car and stared at him. If he turned on me, I was gonna blow him STRAIGHT TO BY GAWD HELL, but he just kept stomping.

Finally, he came over to the passenger's side like he was gonna get in, but may have noticed the blinking sticky bombs on the front and decided better of it. So he just went jumping down the road.

I was having a fairly easy time with everyone until this guy killed me with a grenade launcher bank shot (copyright Melraz) and during my death screen, I can see him Mary Louing in about five directions at once. I was like "what's that, race crew? You want me to do a race? Well, if you insist..." and I got the hell out of there.

• Like 3

Hey Dolfan, sorry for not accepting the invite last night.  I had to drop off for a couple hours just as I got it.

Did manage to get back on later.  For some reason it was bulletproof Kuruma night.  Blew up a bunch of em.  Also shot a guy out of one.  First time I've ever done that.  Wish I knew what I did, so that I could do it again.  Had one funny kill on a guy that was driving around in a Zentorno.  I shot him out of it and then threw a proximity mine on it for when he returned.  He ran right up on me, but decided to try to take me out rather than get in the car.  He was doing all right till he Mary Loued right into his Zentorno, then things went downhill for him.

• Like 3

Oh trust me - the only thing I looked for in the video was to see if I saw "DVDR" show up

We would have just waved back so id say we didnt make the final cut for the video

Not for nothing, but yesterday I got dropped back into a room with a couple of guys nearby.  First instinct is to arm myself, but then I see them, and they're on bicycles.  

And headed towards me.  

I'm genuinely made curious, because a bicycle is usually a death sentence for anyone dumb enough to get on one, but these guys were just pedaling along, bunny hopping and stuff.  So, I let them do their thing, and lo and behold they start tricking off my Kuruma.  

I was quite amused, so I didn't kill them.   

Unfortunately, about 30 seconds later, I saw some jackass killed them both.     This is why we can't have nice things. 

• Like 2

I will say that I have a nice streak in me, and I'll usually give someone the benefit of the doubt. Two reasons I'm gonna stop:

1 - Nine times out of 10, I just get shot and we go to war anyway.

2 - If they don't kill me, I get followed, humped, asked if I'm really a girl, and get nonstop friend requests.

• Like 3

See, I was always the nice one. I'd give people lifts back into town and everything. But then they'd get out of my car and Cristobal would shoot them in the face.

• Like 3

Got on for a few minutes on the One last night and wound up in a fight with two guys.  One kept trying to be clever and go off radar, but it wasn't doing him any good.  That went on for a while, till I saw a green dot on the map.  Was about to try to figure out who it was when I heard an explosion and saw the familiar messages on the left side of the screen:

jstout423 killed whoever

jstout423 died

I laughed my ass off, then we ran em out of the room.

Lots of weird stuff in that room too.  I was shooting a red dot when he teleported across the street and shot me dead.  Later on, I shot a sniper round at the same guy that I know for sure missed to his right, but it still killed him.

• Like 3

My power strip has been turning red at least once every other day, so I think it's on the way out.  I'm thinking, yeah, it's time to switch.  

Probably going to do the Best Buy XB1 Madden 16 bundle, so I think I'll be joining up with you boys on next gen sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

I got on to play Sunset Overdrive, but I saw Robert playing online and thought "hell, I gotta," so I marched right in. True to form, as soon as I got into the room, I was greeted with the message that he'd killed someone.

I was absolutely flying when I Allah Akbared that first dude. That was hilarious. Freemode is only really fun when you have other folks in there to raise hell with. It was like old times - Robert was the rampaging bear at the picnic and I was the fly that kept buzzing in guys faces pissing them off while they had to deal with the bear. I got a couple of kills while whoever was worried about Robert, and got an absolutely lucky RPG kill when I said "I think he's over there behind those bushes. Let's find out."

It's an awesome feeling when some red-dotted sumbitch shifts it into passive 'cause he can't take the heat.

• Like 3

Dear 6 dots working together on the beach,

Terribly sorry about all that.  I apologize for all the times I sniped you.  And RPG'ed you.  And machine gunned you.  And shot you out of your Insurgent.  And for when I blew up the insurgent.  Especially the second time.  And sticky bombed you.  And shotgunned you.  And proximity mined you.  

All the best

Robert

• Like 4

One of the things that surprises me about the One is that I figured the quality of competition would leap from poor to good after making the switch. And it's true, there's some high-level players in every room, but most rooms are mostly low-level players on the One. I just got done goofing off in Freemode, and I ran into a solid batch of 360-level idiots dying to get in the way of my bullets.

I was on a roof trying to shoot a guy in a car, so he gets out of his car right below me. I think "here comes a contender," but he stands right below me shooting at cops. I'm like "uh, dood, up here," and then gave him a reminder that he probably oughta have more map awareness.

Then there was the dood away from controller. I pointed a shotgun at his head while I tried to decide what to do with him. He came back and tried to draw a gun on me. Problem was, I had a shotgun already pointed at his head. I won that duel, then stole his motorcycle. After he kicked me off it, he tried to rob a store, so he and Mr. Proximity Mine had a chat when he got out. No crime in the mayor's city,  no matter what console you play.

• Like 2