DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Well it came out on the Xbone over a year after the regular version - so that alone meant a lot of folks where starting from scratch (instead of switching over)

I've personally seen that too much lately, still hillarious. Recent one being from some young chap with a variation of the PSN name "Yung_Swaggy420". Within roughly 20 seconds of joining a Rockets vs Insurgents, I get these messages... "R u a modder?", "U doing drop??", "U got a phone?", "Wats ur ##?", "Call me in game plz".

uCPfD1N.jpg

...8-year olds, dude.

• Like 1

The sad part is I don't even know who that was. I did a team deathmatch for a daily objective, but I didn't pay attention to the name. I'm guessing it was him, but it's not like I was riding in a car with him in freemode or anything. I swear I'm going to put my female character in a hockey mask and a bulky winter coat.

I also got my first jet machine gun kill. My other two objectives were "steal a vehicle from a military base" and "lose a 4-star wanted level." Goes together like peanut butter and jelly.

While I was flying around waiting to lose my 4 stars, I noticed a bounty was waaaay off the map out in the east coast ocean. I say fuck it, why not? Switched to the guns and headed out. I almost crashed in the water, but I got the guy on the first try. Lucky shot. I was expecting to get a cuss-filled message, but he didn't do anything.

I did, however, laugh my ass off because I'm sure he thought he was completely safe way out there, riding out his bounty. Nope...not when a DVDR asshole is in town. We're like throwing a pit bull in a chicken coop.

• Like 3

I missed my objectives yesterday because I waited to sign on until after Raw.  Little did I know the servers were set to be offline all last night.  

Dalm it. 

• Like 1

Aint been on inna while got some shit goin on will find out more next week but Im suppose to be in jamaica iffin the dalm tropical storm dont turn into a hurricane and fuck it up. Hopefully will be back on after i get back.

Oh, before I forget, I wanted to thank Robert for making baby bottles while I shot him in the face for Dailies yesterday. 

• Like 2

Wound up playing a bunch of this the last few days, after I noticed I was down needing about 60 RPG kills for the LSPD tint.  Ran into a bunch of crappy dots who helped me get there, even if most of my kills ended up being with other weapons.  

Special thanks go out to the following guys:

- Hey Yo Its Mayo.  I had way too much fun trolling this guy.  Got into a little mary lou contest with him.  He wasn't too bad, but I was still getting him 2 for 1, along with destroying his little buddy, who never got me once.  Then he decided to turn it into a sniping battle, and things went south quickly for him.  That part turned out about 10-0 in my favor.  Then he decided to duck behind some cars a few blocks away.  RPG took care of that situation.  He took off and came back with a buzzard.  That got shot down.  He took off again, and there was no surprise when he came back with a tank.  Unfortunately, he didn't see me coming.  Drove my rigged car right up the back of that thing.  Then he took off.

- Industrial Ghost.  He started off in a tank.  I missed him with my allah akbar, but I managed to put 3 RPGs into him on the respawn before he got me.  Got up on a roof, and he was just sitting under me blasting away.  I couldn't get a shot off, till I realized he was a perfect target for a mugger.  Mugger got him, and he changed on the map from a tank to a dot, so I immediately used another RPG to send him and his tank to the great beyond.  We fought for a while and it ended up about 15-3, till he found himself on the beach.  Then it got funny.  He was out of sniper range, but he didn't know that.  Poor fool was so determined to avoid getting sniped that he killed himself 5 times in a row, even though I couldn't see him.  Cops got me a couple times, and I wound up on the beach with him on the hills above me.  Sniped him repeatedly from the beach.  He never got one kill, till he took off.

- Some poor level 11 guy that challenged me to a 1 on 1.  I don't think it lasted more than a minute.  He only managed to even get a shot off once.  I took 5 shots, and got 5 kills.

- 3 high level red dots that decided to gang up on me last night.  One wasn't too bad.  I only killed him about 1.5 times for every time he got me.  The other two managed 3 kills between em.  Those 3 guys accounted for the last dozen kills for the tint.

• Like 2

I have discovered that the upside to having to do Capture: Hold for a daily objective is that you get to laugh your ass off every time the promixity mine you threw on the opponent's base blows them up. Dude got so mad he quit early.

• Like 2

Nate and I always do that, but I wanted to whoop this random's ass. I...did not.

Edit: By that, I mean, if it weren't for my proximity mines making him quit, he would have won.

I got on yesterday to do the objectives and ended up in a team deathmatch with two others. I came damn close to winning it, but two was just too much to handle for me.

When we spawned into freemode, the dude who won rolled up in a personal Insurgent. I got in and we rode around shooting the hell out of people for a while. He was like honorary DVDR.

• Like 2

If those go on a 1/2 off sale again, I'm grabbing one.   They're ridiculously OP and fun.  

I'm not sure how they do it, but the R* Verified Captures are all 10,000x more fun than the ones created by R* themselves. The creators have been putting in computer-controlled belligerents that shoot at you when you reach whichever objective you have and occasionally chase you. 

That said, captures, as a rule are just awful. 

No kidding. They just feel so dalm tedious - more than anything else in the game. I think I'd rather do heists with randoms than have to do that crap. On the same subject of objectives, I finally found the one that's basically impossible solo - impromptu race. I kept driving near people and shooting out invitations. All I got for my efforts were bullets in the face.

I had GTA Race as my last objective, so I queued up the Melraz Specialâ„¢ - Driving Range GTA, with shitty weather and cops turned on. It couldn't have turned out any better. The guy blew me up and took a huge lead, so I decided to be a dick and throw a proximity mine on the bridge, then I just drove around the water. I got the message that he blew up, but it completely backfired. I barely finished the race because he damn sure got his payback. I drove over a proximity, respawned, drove about 30 yards, hit another proximity, respawned, etc. The fucker threw out all five of them and got me three times. I was laughing so fucking much I could barely control the cart.

• Like 2

I actually finished my objectives for the second time ever a few days ago.  Of course they were all easy.  Complete a contact mission, car mod, and parachute from at least 500 feet.

I kept screwing up the parachute part.  I jumped out of a helicopter and got killed by the blades twice in a row.  I've never had that happen even once till then.  Weird.  

It's probably not worth the money, though I bought it for next gen anyway.  It's noticeably better looking, there are more people in freemode rooms, and there is first person, but everything else is pretty minor.  Other stuff I noticed:

- you can buy the 3 vehicles that were exclusive to the collector's edition on PS3/360, if you care about that

- more cars in freemode, and a significant increase in the spawn rate of high end cars

- you can now buy a hammer, and a hatchet

- you can now have purple hair, so now my heavily tattooed female character can look like a proper goth

I'm sure there are a bunch of other changes, but that's all I've noticed in limited gameplay

I actually finished my objectives for the second time ever a few days ago. Of course they were all easy. Complete a contact mission, car mod, and parachute from at least 500 feet.

I kept screwing up the parachute part. I jumped out of a helicopter and got killed by the blades twice in a row. I've never had that happen even once till then. Weird.

I noticed that last week too. I don't remember it happening before either. Now I have to tilt the chopper way to the right before I jump out.

Nothing like spending an eternity climbing up really far to make sure you're high enough and dying immediately. And usually, I've called in a Merryweather chopper and shot the guy (obligatory: "Sorry, Stout."), so I'm out a grand and can't call them for another one.

• Like 1